Onstage 2004 (1 Viewer)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Skillo said:
Ah, as usual...they never give it to the country bumpkins...cause it costs them too much to transport us up there...GRRRRRR :mad:
do you also notice how the same schools get in every year?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Please the arts unit is run by Lloyd Cameron and Co. I am sure they really don't give a shit to be honest (I know that was blunt and sad, but its the truth!) Not getting into OnStage is not the end of the world guys, and it doesn't mean you didnt get a 29/30 or even a 30/30 for that matter!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
OnStage is SOOOO political. Pls...it's all about image, and what school u go to. "those" schools have connections - not naming any, but I'm sure u know who I'm talking about.

Edited becoz I kinda realised what I said might be offensive to some. :p

Last edited:

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
2 people from my class had their IP's nominated... they were the two whose piece involved them walking around in their underwear haha

Theres a hint for next year ;)

If you get into onstage you should have been sent a letter... they may not have done groups yet i dont know.

Some peoples pieces may not be able to be performed so you still have a little chance of getting in

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
My GP was a post-modern approach to theatre creation. It involved a central storyline from which several sub plots somewhat related to the development of the piece are created. Well that was the wanky rationale crap.

Thing is we had giant props hanging from the ceiling that emphasised everything. Yeah.. thats it :p

great_one_56

Trigger189 said:
do you also notice how the same schools get in every year?
That's probably because they have been encouraged to be original and therefore standout as a result and make it to onstage. Also I know for my Ip we have had assesment marks the whole year based on our ip and the teacher makes sure we are constantly working on it. Though at other schools I have heard the teacher just lets them go and if they leave it to the last minute oh well. So they don't have any support.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
great_one_56 said:
That's probably because they have been encouraged to be original and therefore standout as a result and make it to onstage.
Probably not.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I think that was implied. I'm no fan of Lloyd Cameron anyway. I was part of the Met South West team for the Junior State Debating Competition in 2002 and he was an adjudicator, it was so rigged. We were undefeated and we lost in the semi-final to the then fourth placers: Met North. Both the audience and us were shocked at the result. We tried to fight the decision but nothing came about.

I don't think I need to say anymore than that. Maybe we were just a bunch of South Western sore losers. Bad memories. Anyway, I'm trying to make a point, I hope you get it. And I hope my group is nominated and we jsut havent found out, because I really do think it is Onstage material, as we have been told by many who has seen our performance. It surely isnt the end of the world, but it would be a nice thing to do. Oh well, enough of that!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Trigger189 said:
I think that was implied. I'm no fan of Lloyd Cameron anyway. I was part of the Met South West team for the Junior State Debating Competition in 2002 and he was an adjudicator, it was so rigged. We were undefeated and we lost in the semi-final to the then fourth placers: Met North. Both the audience and us were shocked at the result. We tried to fight the decision but nothing came about.

I don't think I need to say anymore than that. Maybe we were just a bunch of South Western sore losers. Bad memories. Anyway, I'm trying to make a point, I hope you get it. And I hope my group is nominated and we jsut havent found out, because I really do think it is Onstage material, as we have been told by many who has seen our performance. It surely isnt the end of the world, but it would be a nice thing to do. Oh well, enough of that!
Omg shut up! I "dislike" Llyod cameron from Public Speaking. Regional Finals, he HATED my impromptu and he made that clear to me! (Public Education :p)

The other two adjutocators loved it and all loved my prepared so I got through, but he had his vengnace at state :p. lol. What school did you say you were at Trigger, and can i get a name? :p

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
great_one_56 said:
That's probably because they have been encouraged to be original and therefore standout as a result and make it to onstage. Also I know for my Ip we have had assesment marks the whole year based on our ip and the teacher makes sure we are constantly working on it. Though at other schools I have heard the teacher just lets them go and if they leave it to the last minute oh well. So they don't have any support.
Oh pleeeease. Jesus I get riled up by reading your posts.

The same schools get in it every year for a reason: their pieces are produced for an onstage context...and there has been the whisperings of it is 'rigged'.
Also, may I comment...and this is fact not fiction...that OnStage DOES discriminate against those people out of the metropolitan area and outer regions...especially people from my region and North West NSW.
Their reasoning? It costs the Arts Unit too much money to organise transport and accommodation for the students from these areas. Thus, when you see a 'country' student in onstage performing, they are usually by themselves (i.e. there is only one of them) and they come only once every blue moon. The last person from Riverina to go to onstage was in 1990, and I can tell you that there has been some outstanding performances in the Riverina since then.

*Scrambles off soap box*

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Woah.. Triplets! But yes, I understand your frustration Skillo, I'm sure you'll get top marks anyway!

Will, my name is Alex and go to Campbelltown Performing Arts High School, close to Liverpool area

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I have no idea where that is, but i go to Cecil Hills High, just outside liverpool area :p. Your school ALWAYS dominates your district SRC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)