Onstage 2004 (1 Viewer)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
ok well katie and i will just sit here feeling out of it... damn sydney schools. hey willy it's your formal friday week innit?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
still...not ALL sydney schools get in to OnSTAGE. It's all political remember, so the same schools always get in. Being a Sydney School doesn't give u an advantage to get into onstage.

Billy, they havent marked our IPS yet, SO WE HAVE A CHANCE!!! *crosses fingers* :p

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. like i'm goin 2 onstage with that shambolic excuse for a theatrical statement.

V

val_dramaqueen

Skillo said:
Their reasoning? It costs the Arts Unit too much money to organise transport and accommodation for the students from these areas. Thus, when you see a 'country' student in onstage performing, they are usually by themselves (i.e. there is only one of them) and they come only once every blue moon. The last person from Riverina to go to onstage was in 1990, and I can tell you that there has been some outstanding performances in the Riverina since then.
Damn straight skillo! the only school around here that EVER gets in to On Stage (which is nearly every year) is Bishop Druitt, the local catholic school. For the past few years ive been to On Stage, the first year was a ind. performance which got in, last year, a group devised and this year one of their groups have been nominated once again! go Bishop Druitt and all that cabable, but why can't our school even just get NOMINATED!? geez!!
I know last years drama class from my school had a BRILLIANT group devised and two BRILLIANT individuals... but no.. not even a friggin nomination! *cries, howls and sulks for next 2 minutes...then gets over it...*

V

val_dramaqueen

by the way, can we get tickets even if we aren't at school next year? and how?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
grk_styl said:
still...not ALL sydney schools get in to OnSTAGE. It's all political remember, so the same schools always get in. Being a Sydney School doesn't give u an advantage to get into onstage.

Billy, they havent marked our IPS yet, SO WE HAVE A CHANCE!!! *crosses fingers* :p
Jem, I believe YOU have a chance. We've established the fact that my IP is trash :p

V

val_dramaqueen

sweet! onstage! i'll be there *watching* and... yeah... stuff.. geez, i will really love seeing what i was up against!

hannahb

HSC
in with a chance!!!

i am so totally stoked to have been nominated for ONSTAGE for my Group Performance, i just can't believe that it has actually happened to me and my group...regardless if we actually get in to Onstage the nomination is so rewarding it gives you the strength that is so heavily need in these next two months to carry on. To finally be recognised for your hard work and effort it is really really really rewarding. My school (Northmead) has never been nominated and consequently never performed at Onstage it is really exciting to have gotten this far for the first time in my school's history
....Just wondering how the rest of you have gone and what other schools have been nominated for Onstage
best of luck for all of your theory exams to come and regardless of whether you have been nominated for Onstage wish you all the maximum amount of band 6's available...lol

V

val_dramaqueen

yeah... if i see a group devised about fashion in OnStage... im gonna be 1) shocked and 2) devo.. lol
(for those of you who don't know.. my group devised is about fashion hahahaha)
yay! i can't wait for onstage 2005!! *does celebratory dance* :)

hannahb

HSC
when you say fashion wat do you mean?...what style of theatre was your piece? comedy tends to work best i think as it keeps the audience entertained and interested but then on the other hand touching on political and social topics show intelligence...well...thats wat we did...a sort of education in theatre style...for example:
the intent of our GP was the violence inherent in todays society and how so much angst is felt towards violence (i.e. war) and those whom lead us there (prime minister...lol), when in actual fact from birth humans with their naivity are exposed to the concept of death. our motif was nursery rhymes...parents sing them to their children not aware of their underlying factual basis (and let me tell you some are really quite disturbing and not always what you think) therefore from a young age children are singing about morbid factual happenings (it makes you wonder why children aren't at war.) we as a group wanted to educate the audience aswell as entertain. our piece is an emotional journey that draws you in through the 3 toy clown characters who host the show, "It's Ryhme Time" and entertain themselves through simple games. throughout the play the plot thickens as each character by decreasing age becomes aware of the violence and are naturally drawn in...which subsequently ends in destruction and the death of all three characters.

V

val_dramaqueen

sounds good hannah... you need a brain to understand that.. and i am struggling. lol
but anyway... by fashion, i mean, the way fashion "rules" society with some people and the way people can be classed by what they wear... you know, steriotyped.. therefore we had steriotyped characters (if i could spell, that'd be great!!)
but yeah... and in the end, we realise and I tell everyone that we shouldn't let fashion rule our lives... we can go home and sit in front of the TELEVISION!... and so, leads on to peoples obsessions with the tv... hehehehe :uhhuh:

hannahb

HSC
that is heaps good that you challenged society and as it is actually a fact that is faced by so many teenagers and that "fashion" can class you and therefore direct the quality of your life...just bcz you didnt get nominated for onstage doesnt mean that your stance wasn't noticed and im sure that it probably gave a few students/people in your audience a chance to actually think about what things mean to them and how their life is influenced by the trends of society...sure onstage is great, i won't deny it, but standing behind something you believe in and performing it to others is much more rewarding...CONGRATULATIONS!

V

val_dramaqueen

cool thanks! your very insightful! hehehe.
damn, these fake nails are hard to type in... formal on friday!! sorry...off topic... *sorry will_sparky!* :)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
My formal is November 19, after the HSC. But graduation is tomorrow, which I find weird. It should be after the HSC too.

But back on topic, onstage, hmm yes.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)