On the topic of University Transfers... (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
QuaCk said:
hey, need some straightening out.

i'm applying for B Economics at uSyd with a uai slightly under the 2004 cutoff but as i'm a EAS applicant, i feel i have a reasonable chance of landing the course.

my desired course is B Comm. would i be able to transfer to it with a credit average? or would i need to be distinction average?

i'm not sure if i'll be successful even if i'm averaging distinction as my uai was not even enough for B Economics to begin with.

help help help ....
Well, it all depends how far away from the Commerce cut off you'll be in 2006, where the further away your UAI is, the better your 1st year results have to be. I'm guessing a distinction average will make you safer, as there really is no way to judge NRSL cutoffs unless you talk to the right people and find out

Jawz99

HSC
N/A
hey everyone.. I got 98.2 and wanted to know what are my chances of transferring to unsw combined law after the first year..and if i have a chance what marks would i need... thanks in advance

Jack_11

HSC
Can you only transfer if people are leaving/dropping the course? Or do unis make more places for the extra intake in 2nd year?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No extra places are created, the number of places depends entirely on how many people withdraw or take a leave of absence (since their space will be opened and they'll take a place in the following cohort).

But people ALWAYS drop out of EVERY course - there is no course with 100% retention.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Jawz99 said:
hey everyone.. I got 98.2 and wanted to know what are my chances of transferring to unsw combined law after the first year..and if i have a chance what marks would i need... thanks in advance
you'll need a distintion average (GPA of at 6.0) to be assured of a transfer
anything less and its risky

ace

is retired
HSC
Minai said:
there really is no way to judge NRSL cutoffs unless you talk to the right people and find out
It seems no one in UNSW (admission people wise) seems to have a CLUE WTF is the NRSL.

Spoke to the admissions, they tried to pass it off as the UAI, and wouldn't let it out, that such NRSL existed.

Spoke to the associate dean of the fce department, he looked at me, like I was on crack or something, he trully had no clue wtf I was on about.

Spoke to a pile of admission people for fce, they had no clue about it, trying to again pass the UAI off as NRSL.

Now I ask, WHOM IS THE RIGHT PERSON, so I can ring them and basically SCREAM AT THEM, FOR BEING (*NEARLY) IMPOSSIBLE HARD TO FIND :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
ace said:
It seems no one in UNSW (admission people wise) seems to have a CLUE WTF is the NRSL.

Now I ask, WHOM IS THE RIGHT PERSON, so I can ring them and basically SCREAM AT THEM, FOR BEING (*NEARLY) IMPOSSIBLE HARD TO FIND :(
but of course ace... there is no such index known as Non-Recent School Leaver (NRSL) Index. it is simply a term that me and the other transferees use to state 'the average of one's UAI and first-year results (using the conversion table)', expressed as a number out of 100.

Last edited:

ace

is retired
HSC
Frigid said:
but of course ace... there is no such index known as Non-Recent School Leaver (NRSL) Index. it is simply a term that me and the other transferees use to state 'the average of one's UAI and first-year results (using the conversion table)', expressed as a number out of 100.
then how come MACQ admissions know about it (not referring to grizzly, but rather the macquarie forums)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
ace said:
then how come MACQ admissions know about it (not referring to grizzly, but rather the macquarie forums)
perhaps they use the term for convenience as well.. what i'm saying is, it isn't an 'official' term, like UAI or GPA. we simply call it NRSL because that's what transferees are - Non-Recent School Leavers.

ace

is retired
HSC
Frigid said:
perhaps they use the term for convenience as well.. what i'm saying is, it isn't an 'official' term, like UAI or GPA. we simply call it NRSL because that's what transferees are - Non-Recent School Leavers.
Yeah, when I speak about it. I don't go, what's the NRSL rank. I try and get the term Non-recent school leaver out first, before they go UAI UAI, no no no, UAI UAI only, type crap.

On a side note, you've got an obsession with the size=1 text size.

simon

hello people!

im currently at tafe and want to apply for uni during the mid year applications.
Does the above formuale come into play for me?

and will my UAI matter?

for example i got a uai of 68, and i read somewhere that in order to get into uts i need a minimum of 66.

S

Shuter

ToO LaZy ^* said:
so conceded pass is like..ill trade sexual favours for a pass..
It's like "you really suck, but since we need you to stay in uni and continue so we can get more money off you, here's a conceeded pass instead".

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
It depends on the course and the University but you are sometimes given a Conceded Pass if you just fail the course, like if you get somewhere between 45-49. They will also take into account how you went in your other assessments:).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ive been hearing reports that doing a senior unit (or extra-credit-point) subject is worth more. just from the gpa equation, this seams to be false? is it indeed a rumour and nothign more?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
ive been hearing reports that doing a senior unit (or extra-credit-point) subject is worth more. just from the gpa equation, this seams to be false? is it indeed a rumour and nothign more?
no idea... you could, however, check with your current faculty or the faculty to which you wish to transfer.

^___^
HSC
concede pass is pretty much the same as fail if its the subject that requires you to pass for the next level

ie unit1011 - PC
but you need unit1011 P in order to do unit2011

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)