• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Omg yes passed physics!@#$%^&* (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Exam Results
by Elizabeth Angstmann - Friday, 29 June 2012, 11:49 AM

You can now check if you have passed the exam. If you go to the grades tab (in moodle) on the left at the bottom of the list there is a section "Final Exam" this has either a 0 or a 1 (binary) in it. If it is 1 you have passed, if it is 0 then you have not yet passed the exam.

We are in the process of emailing out offers to sit the supplementary exam. These will all be sent out by next Monday. If you receive an offer please RSVP by replying to the email.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I do wonder though, if that is a scaled passed or a raw pass. Because I think that in the past the raw failure rate was something like 50-70%, depending on who the lecturer was.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
I do wonder though, if that is a scaled passed or a raw pass. Because I think that in the past the raw failure rate was something like 50-70%, depending on who the lecturer was.
Yeh about half the people I know failed so far

tranx

HSC
Guys it was a seriously easy exam, all the other years were unbelievably hard. The only question that got me was the torque one and the "gyration constant", i just lol'd since i had never seen that in my life.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
The difficulty of exams depends on who the lecturer is.

Newbury (head of school) sets ridiculously easy exams, whilst Joe Wolfe sets quite challenging questions.

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
Guys it was a seriously easy exam, all the other years were unbelievably hard. The only question that got me was the torque one and the "gyration constant", i just lol'd since i had never seen that in my life.
It wasn't an "easy exam" it was fair in the sense we saw about 50% of the questions in the past/ throughout the semester.
I actually thought the past year ones were much more straightforward and segmented compared to this years one.
Especially S2 exams since its probably catered towards the non engineering students (ie its not a prereq to their major but has to be completed)

The difficulty of exams depends on who the lecturer is.

Newbury (head of school) sets ridiculously easy exams, whilst Joe Wolfe sets quite challenging questions.
I think Joe Wolf set them since none of the lectures were taught by Newbury.

Last edited:

failwhale

HSC
WOOOH same here, i knew a lot of people that failed, felt for them.... one of my friends got 49.

Is the supp exam the same difficulty as the common exam?

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
WOOOH same here, i knew a lot of people that failed, felt for them.... one of my friends got 49.

Is the supp exam the same difficulty as the common exam?
How do they know they got 49? Results aren't out yet, and i doubt they release the actual exam marks....

D94

HSC
N/A
How do they know they got 49? Results aren't out yet, and i doubt they release the actual exam marks....
For those who did not pass, they were notified of their exam mark. Thus since you passed, you were not notified of your exam mark.

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
For those who did not pass, they were notified of their exam mark. Thus since you passed, you were not notified of your exam mark.
If they did this, I don't understand why they didn't just release everyone else marks while they were at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)