Oh My God Vfest (1 Viewer)

HSC
the dj tent was some good entertainment inbetween bands, everyone in there was having fun and dancing around.
muscles music was good, i hadnt heard much of him before then but it sounded quite good live and the crowd was getting into it.
phoenix were pretty decent, i couldnt really get into it much though. i like their music but yeah wasnt really in the mood for it i spose.
NYPC were quite good, i'd only heard icecream before the concert so i wasnt expecting much.
my girlfriend fainted just before the rapture so i had to take her to first aid so i missed pretty much their whole set, so yeah really bummed about that. but oh well i'll see them some other time. i caught some of jarvis cocker while i was at the first aid stand...i dont really know his music but yeah, not impressed.
soulwax were so amazingly good, i saw them at bdo a couple years ago and they were good. but this was something else, the crowd was into it and the music was extremely good.
2manydjs did an awesome set, again the crowd were great here everyone was dancing in their own space and getting into it. I love the 'as heard on radio soulwax' stuff they do, but it just gets so much better live.

so yeah on the whole a great day, i hope v fest 08 will be just as good or better.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
icecreamdisco said:
ANDx2 i forgot to mention how FUCKING WEAK it is to put the pet shop boys - one of the best and most underappreciated pop bands of all time - on at the same time as the pixies. not just because it meant i missed them, but cos i had to put up with overhearing hundreds of IGNORANT "haha who'd choose the pet shop boys over the pixies?" comments from the (mostly terrible) festival-goers.
AGREED! that was the worst idea ever. it just didn't make sense to put them on at the same time and it pissed me off so much, especially because they are both bands from the same era so there would likely be many people who'd be fans of both.
i was really sad to have had to miss them... but i do love the pixies more. :(

nwatts

HSC
i agree with everyone's comments re: the crowd.

they were shit. just totally shit. big festivals attract too many wankers. i think i enjoyed laneway so much because there were far less drunk 40 year olds than big day out or v festival.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)