Official World Cup Draw Live Discussion (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
swisstruffles said:
r u including the exams? cos then you can say the exams start when the world cup starts...i think its the same for me damn...
nope, exams will be during the world cup (they'd start the 2nd week, first week of world cup will be during stuvac). However my main concern was waking up at 2am, watching the games and then going straight to uni for 8 hours. At least with exams you have stuvac, and its not like I'd be studying at 2am anyways. This is for usyd/unsw by the way, i dont know about other uni timetables.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
The only team I wanted to be in Australia's group was Brazil.

swisstruffles

HSC
yeah good things always happen during uni exams it seems. i know for MQ, hols usually r in july so im guessing exams r during WC cos exams r presumably around June..i know for the tennis i think the french open is around that time as well.. :-(

i think most ppl were dismayed when we drew brazil in our group but then aftewards i think this is a great chance to see how our boys can stock up against the world's best. that is after all the whole point of the wc! i cant wait. :)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
swisstruffles said:
yeah good things always happen during uni exams it seems. i know for MQ, hols usually r in july so im guessing exams r during WC cos exams r presumably around June..i know for the tennis i think the french open is around that time as well.. :-(
Yeah our exam period at MQ is usually the final 2wks of June...right in the middle of the WC :rolleyes:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I'd prefer exams during the world cup. I mean for me, i study during the day/night, when the world cup wont be on. Exams mean you also dont have to wake up early every day (except for the 4 or so days which you have exams on) so staying up until the early hours of the morning is ok. First week of world cup is stuvac, where you can stay up as late as you want without worry.

If I had uni during the world cup and not exams, then it'd involve waking up at, say, 2-3 am to watch games, then going to uni at like 9 and returning home past 6pm. And then you have assignments that'd leave you up until late at night. That'd own.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
like they say, procrastination is like masturbation, it fucks you up
acmilan said:
And then you have assignments that'd leave you up until late at night.
thats not good, ud need some sleep
how can u watch a game that goes on (say 90 mins) ignoring interruptions at 3am so the earliest it can finish is 4.30, then ur assignments which might take a few hours and then uni at 9?

phizzy

HSC
know what's depressing? i could have gone to germany had it not been for the dreaded...H...S...C
*cries uncontrollably*
did anyone go to teh aussie v uruguay final play off? I DID!! sooo awesome, although i did fall down during an attempted wave around the stadium in which i then proceeded to sit down, only forgetting that the seats were flip up and i didn't take the time to place it back in the correct position before resuming my place. My tip is that we come second in teh draw beating japan and croatia but lose to brazil who we will meet again in teh grand final and after having learnt their strengths and weaknesses DEFEAT THEM and claim fifa world champions! (wishfulthinking :( )

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Did anyone here get tickets or know anyone that got tickets? I cant imagine anyone here going, but if you are, im coming round to your house, doing you in at night and stealing your tickets.

So please, 'fess up now. I want to know. :)

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Applied.
Will know on Friday

You'd need to change your name to mine though, as the tickets will be personalised.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
If Im going to the trouble of stealing your tickets, Ill hardly be fazed about impersonating someone else.

And Australia will play Holland as one of its friendlies on June 1. I hope we play a South American team in the friendly, just to get us prepared for Brazil.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
So you can get high on drugs and procure a legal prostitute, for sure.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Id love to go to Holland. Football, hot girls, trance and DJ Tiesto all night... sounds like a dream life. Fuck, Im watching Getaway now, I wanna go to Europe too...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)