Official World Cup Draw Live Discussion (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nedzelic said:
that draw was rigged though, what the fuck was group a all about. what a pile of horse shite. if germany don't get 9 points then they are pathetic
Poland is VERY strong right now. I don't think many people realise this.
Portugal is also a difficult nation to beat (off).

nedzelic

HSC
stazi said:
Poland is VERY strong right now. I don't think many people realise this.
Portugal is also a difficult nation to beat (off).
yeah but portugal aren't in tehir group. but yeah, maybe i've underestimated poland; but that's about as bad as a group cxan get for a w.c really.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
nedzelic said:
yeah, god forbid an australian would talk up his own country - why don't you fuck off back to croatia and support them
God just shut up. And you talking about how the groups were rigged? Hahahahaha

nedzelic

HSC
RUB!X said:
from what i've read i agree
go australia !! you have to be optimistic, i think we can beat japan and croatia, hell ... if brazil are arrogant and underestimate us we can beat them too ...
germany, spain, france and portugal have it easy with their groups ...
gruop c, e and f are the toughest, in order ...
well good thankyou, that's all i'm asking for.

and to some doubters, how do you think senegal rock up last time out and beat france - world AND european champs at the time - and beat them on the opening night....they certainly don't go into the group thinking. oh...we're not as good as them...or we're ranked worse...or we haven't beatne them in 150 yeras..or they've got 4/5 players on the planet...NO, you go in there, knowing that it's just one 90 minute anme of football and ANYTHING acn happen. hence the whole love of the fa cup, hence all the upsets from the last tournament (senegal, usa, korea, etc)
anyone see euro 2004?????????? um, what happened there??? anyone see darlington smack villa two weeks ago???? i could eally go on for days. if you ever go intio a game thinkign you can't win, then you have already won.

now on the flip side you should never do what england does every world cup and think that ethy are going to win it...even if they don't vome out and say they're gonna win it definately, they ta;lk hemsleves up and never shut up. you look back at all the past failed tournaments it's the same story. it really is amazing. for the 1 1/2 in b/w tournaments they gradually consider themslevs better and better. and then when they get to a tournament and fail, as they do perpetually, tghen they consider themslves shite and they get lambastered by the media, and the coach gets sacked. it happens every time. tghen 6 months later when the next quaklifying starts for euro/w.c, they pick themslevs up and byt the time you know, they consider themselves favourites agaian! it really is amazing

anyway, talking about all those recent upsets, they all involve footballing teams with a lower standing pedigree than us, so why shoudln't we be confident???

make no mistkaes about it. we have a few w.c players, and a few very good players, and a few decent, fillar players. we lack depth, but if we have an injury free team, we have about 12/13 quality enough players who can and HAVE ALREADY mixed with the very best. we have a experinced team - maybe not at world cups - but age-wise and club experince and i think we have the potential to do very well and i hope truly that soem of our opponents consider as some people of this website do; just filler. b/c that's when we will beat them.

but really, there is only one team in our group anyway who is on paper better tha us - there is only one team who general, non-biast pundits would consider to have better on-paper playes than us and that is obviously brazil - who by the way are the best team ever and in any group are the best.
croatia have three of 'our' players - who i might add 2/3 were actaully rejects of ours. in retorspect though, getting joey simunic to play for us may have been benficial. but if we get moorey fit, then we wiil look good.
and b/w now and the tournament i have the feeling that there will b 2/3 new or different players who may have prove dthemslves and come in. apart from european based players, some of the a-;eague lads are fighting for a birth. the w.c.c will be some good exposure fior some of sydney lads who may be eyeing the socceroos -such as saso, milligan and timano and ceccoli who i've heard around the traps might make a return to europe (he had a short stint for AEK athens in about...98/99 i think it was???)
some other players - mostly just the a-league youngsters - should be eyeing if not this tournamnt than the next one:

Adam van dommele
Dean Heffernan
John Hutchinson
Michael Beauchamp
Daniel Piorkowski
Mark Byrnes
Adrian Leijer
Steve Pantelidis
Chris Tadrosse
Vince Lia
Michael Ferrante
Kristian Sarkies
Jade North
Stuart Musalik
Tarek Elrich
Nick Carle
Labino Haliti
Franco Parisi
Adrian Caceres
Nick Ward
David Tarka
Tyler Simpson
Jordan Simpson
Spase Dilevski
Massimo Mudocca
Michael Baird
Alex Brosque
Johnty Richter
Jason Pasfield
Jacob Timpano
Mark Milligan

also, with our players probably not going to be avaialable in jan/feb for asian cup, guus may get a look at the home based plaeyrs and that could benefit them greatly

yeah...my thoughts

so basically, my point is, if you don't believe australia can beat anyone in the w.c, then please don't even discuss their w.c hopes, don;'t even associate yourself with australian football, we don't need you. you are part of a sick diease in austrlia with the leage-based media telling the average joe to have the opinion that 'oh, we're crap at soccer aren't we??" which somehow rubs off on football supporters who listen to it. i suppose the results will do the talking and people won't look at anything else
well for me, when we beat urugay the final shackles we're released and our potential can go on and be fullfilled. we now have, a strong domestic comp, we are in the wolrd cup, we have $ backing, players now don't havwe to pay for their own fucking airfares. and , we have the best coach on planet, add to these probably the best group of players we've ever had

the future looks bright - embrace the future of australian FOOTBALL not fucking soccer

nedzelic

HSC
the betting world

by the way, tbhis is what the betting world thinks of our chances. notice how we are rate d2x likely to win as japan and equal to the croats...even the bookies have faith
BRAZIL
ENGLAND
GERMANY
ARGENTINA
ITALY
FRANCE
SPAIN
NETHERLANDS
PORTUGAL
CZECH REPUBLIC
MEXICO
SWEDEN
UKRAINE
CROATIA
AUSTRALIA
IVORY COAST
USA
SERBIA & MONTENEGRO
POLAND
SWITZERLAND
GHANA
JAPAN
KOREA REPUBLIC
PARAGUAY
ECUADOR
TUNISIA
ANGOLA
TOGO
COSTA RICA
IRAN
SAUDI ARABIA
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
How come you didn't mention Super David Carney in the list of future Australian young players?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ow, i slept through it today :(

missed it all

see, if i was watching, we would've got a good group :eek:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
yea, i slept thro it as well. and had to endure reading thro some of the shit already posted here. anyone who reckons Australia cant get through is whacked. I think over analysing the groups this early is pointless, anything can happen until june. But some things can be said:

RyddeckerSMP said:
Ten has cancelled it!
What??!? Aerobics Oz Style was the best thing ever! (OK, not strictly football, but the most shocking thing to come out of this thread)

nedzelic said:
that draw was rigged though, what the fuck was group a all about. what a pile of horse shite. if germany don't get 9 points then they are pathetic
You are perhaps underrating this group. Poland are an ok team, with Boruc in goals and Zurawaski up front. Ecuador are a volatile team, who will see their chances to be 50-50. All I know about Costa Rica is that they have Paulo Wanchope. But anyone who drew the CONCACAF lowly teams would have felt they had an easier draw, innit? But I know Germany wonty have it all their way, perhaps the pressure of the spotlight, playing at home may affect them, plus they havent looked as good with Klinsmann at the helm.

DRAGONZ said:
Mate, Croatia's squad is very classy. Player for player they beat us definitely.
Shit no. Dado Prso is class (thats the last time you will here me talk up a bluenose player) but Duke is better. Our attack is better than theirs, but where Croatia will be extremely tough is their defence. Igor Tudor will be much tougher than Montero to beat, and Simunic (faggot) and co are the best thing going for them. Oh, and they also have Klasnic, who hasnt looked in form so far this year. Our midfield is much better than Croatias, but dont get me wrong, Im far from writing them off, I just think we are better. Its not 1998 any more.

And unless Netherlands implode, as has happened many times before, Serbia wont get through over them.

Tommy_69 said:
2006 wont be a good year for australia. I hate how craig forster is talking up Australia. He was saying how they will beat croatia and japan. He was talking about the histories of the teams n stuff but technically they are totally different teams now. Im croatian and i reckon croatia will prob come 2nd in group f. they always seem to go good against the seeded teams and shit against the weaker teams.
is it true there is a friendly between Australia and Croatia. Because if there is its very stupid. bad timing
2006 will be a great year for Australian football regardless of the results in Germany. And that friendly will probably not happen anymore.

Tommy_69 said:
ill go for whoever i want. all im saying is that australia have no chance, they were lucky to qualify. if it wasn't for croatians what would make up the australian team. pft shut the fuck up mate and grow a cock
err, Brecsiano, Grella, Kewell, Cahill, Chipperfield, et al. Im not gonna argue with the traditional pessimistic Australian supporters or those who wish to rubbish us over their parentage, coz Im sick of it and its not what we need anymore. Im not saying we are favorites to progress, yet our chances are better than many give credit for.

Argonaut said:
His point is that Australia shouldn't go into the World Cup expecting to walk away the winners. He's not dismissing us as also-rans, he's being realistic. The fact that we're in a pool dominated by teams that are all ranked in the world's Top 20 means it's not going to be smooth sailing all the way. As he's also pointed out, some commentators have been hyping Australia up after our victory over Uruguay and seem to be expecting us to make the finals. It's just the plain Austraian attitude of arrogance when it comes to sports, assuming that we'll do well simply because sport is such a large part of our lives.
Australian sporting arrogance extends as far as cricket and rugby league and the like, but certainly not in Australia, where everything is too pessimistic. No football commentator in the country expects us to walk away with the title, nor make it tol the semis. Neither would any of them say its all smooth sailing. And yes, he was dismissing us as also rans.

alluring said:
as for mexico..they're crap..dunno how they got seeded
Perhaps not crap, but definitely overrated. They should not have been seeded.

bazookajoe said:
Germany and France got very lucky. Especially France, after that disastrous run four years ago
France got it harder than you make out. Togo are an unknown quality, which in the form of Senegal caused France to exit Japan. Swiss and Korea are no easybeats either. There are tough pools throughout the comp, to the extend that there is no real group of death. its all leading to a very interesting and drunken June.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
does anyone know future aussie friendlies - what they are?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
The news made speculations of netherlands, korea and another european team which i dont remember.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
stazi said:
From what I understand, we’re in 'negotiations' with England, Holland, and Korea, of which, all are to be played in Europe. And then we are trying to arrange a home send-off match against the Greeks. Even if we get ¾ of that, I’ll be very happy.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
nedzelic said:
name the czech starting line-up...can't? see, they're nothing to be feared
Czech line-up, just to name a few: Cech (Chelsea); Ujfalusi (Fiorentina/Hamburg); Grygera (Ajax); Jankulovski (Milan); Poborsky (Slavia Prague); Rosicky (Dortmund); Koller (Dortmund); Nedved (Juventus); Baros (Aston Villa). And then there are others like Smicer, Rozenhal, Polak, and Berger, if he hasn't yet retired. Regardless of how they fare in the tourney proper, they are definitely a team to be feared. As inaccurate as the FIFA rankings are, they are still World#2 or so. Hope they do well.

Last edited:

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
gordo said:
if we advance we have to basically play italy or czech republic.
both would smash us
Not really. If we do qualify, which I am quietly confident of, I'd assume it'd be as Group runner-up. Normally I'd hope the Czechs do well and take out the Group. However, if we are to qualify for Round 2, I hope we get the Italians. We'd have a far better chance against them than against the Czechs. Italy aren't powerhouses any more, in fact I don't reckon they, along with Spain and perhaps Mexico, deserved to be seeded.

Last edited:

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
nedzelic said:
um, what happened there??? anyone see darlington smack villa two weeks ago???? i could eally go on for days. if you ever go intio a game thinkign you can't win, then you have already won.
It was Doncaster if you're referring to the League Cup.
How does that work ?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
According to Pro Evolution Soccer 5: Some teams weren't available so i found close matches. PES5 is usually a close predictor to real results.
Also, I'm controlling Australia.

Poland Ecuador 0-0
Germany 1 Costa Rica 0
China0 Sweden 3
England 3 Paraguay 0
Serbia 0 Netherlands 2
Argentina 1 Cote D'ivoire 0
Cameroon 0 Portugal 2
Mexico 0 Iran 3
USA 2 Czech 3
Italy 3 South Africa 0
Australia 0 Japan 0
Brazil 2 Croatia 0
South Korea 1 Senegal 2
France 2 Switzerland 1
Tunisia 1 Saudi Arabia 1
Spain 3 Ukraine 1

Ecuador 2 Costa Rica 1
Germany 0 Poland 0
Sweden 2 Paragay 1
England 5 China 0
Netherlands 1 Cote D'..0
Argentian 4 Serbia 0
Portugal 4 Iran 2
Mexico 0 Cameroon 1
Czech 1 South Africa 1
Italy 2 USgAy 1
Japan 1 Croatia 1
Brazil 1 Australia 1 :)
Senegal 1 Switzerland 0
France 1 South Korea 1
Saudi 0 Ukraine 4
Spain 1 Tunisia 0

More to cum

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Costa Rica 1 Poland 0
Ecuador 0 Germany 3
Paragay 1 China 2
Sweden 1 England 3
Cote 0 Serbia 1
Netherlands 2 Argentina 1
Iran 1 Cameroon 1
Portugal 1 Mexico 2
South Africa 0 USA 1
Czech 1 italy 3
Croatia 0 Australia 0
Japan 0 Brazil 4
Switzerland 0 South Korea 1
Senegal 1 France 0
Ukraine 3 Tunisia 1
Saudi Arabia 0 Spain 5
(forgot to look at others but the Tournament table is)

A
Germany 7
Ecuador 4
Costa Rica 3
Poland 2

B
England 9
Sweden 6
China 3
Paragay 0

C
Netherlands 9
Argentina 6
Serbia 3
Cote 0

D
Portugal 6
Iran 4
Cameroon 4
Mexico 3

E
Italy 9
Czechs 4
USA 3
SA 1

F
Brazil 7
Australia 3
Croatia 2
Japan 2

G
Senegal 9
France 4
South Korea 4
Switzerland 0

H
Spain 9
Ukraine 6
Tunisia 1
Saudis 1

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
My bet is we'll draw with croatia, beat japan and lose to brazil, but whether we get through or not will be based on f/a.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
fuck thats gay. pes5 doesnt have a license for the world cup and it doesnt even have correct fixtures for the second round.
Oh wells.

Germany 0 Australia 0 (Penalties 2-1)
Netherlands 2 Ukraine 2 (Penalties 4-5)
Ecuador 1 Brazil 5
Argentina 1 Spain 3
France 0 Portugal 2
Czech 0 England 2
Iran 0 Senegal 1
Sweden 0 Italy 2

QF and onwards tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)