Official BOS Trial 2016 Thread (3 Viewers)

no1gives

HSC
I want to sit the 4u and 3u exam... my friend just told me about this Dx

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I have all your responses! So I've received multiple messages from some of you, but not a problem your name is in the list if you emailed me with the template provided.

Both events now have exactly 50 people attending. I will be stretching the event to allow up to 60 people. That is, I have made 10 more spaces available.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm ready to get fisted
If it makes you feel better, I've made the last question SUBSTANTIALLY easier than previous years. It's still a nice result, but nowhere near as difficult as previous years. Trebla would most likely agree with me here.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I'm ready to get fisted
I remember you said in one of the threads (either the 2016 HSC chit chat thread or the preliminary 2017ers chit chat thread, I can't remember where) that if you get 40-50 on the BOS trials, you'll consider it a win

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
If it makes you feel better, I've made the last question SUBSTANTIALLY easier than previous years. It's still a nice result, but nowhere near as difficult as previous years. Trebla would most likely agree with me here.
Well let me first GET to the last question...
I remember you said in one of the threads (either the 2016 HSC chit chat thread or the preliminary 2017ers chit chat thread, I can't remember where) that if you get 40-50 on the BOS trials, you'll consider it a win
Bruv, after doing the past ones, if i get a 50, ill shout everyone hsp

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well let me first GET to the last question...
I am sure you'll get there. MC is also substantially easier (and less tedious/time consuming) than previous years. Also, the mark allocation is now much more generous than previous years.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I am sure you'll get there. MC is also substantially easier (and less tedious/time consuming) than previous years. Also, the mark allocation is now much more generous than previous years.
Does this mean that we might see our first 75-80?

iStudent

HSC
For anyone wondering about aligning: Low 50 (I think 52?) = 97 HSC = top 50 in state xD

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Does this mean that we might see our first 75-80?
I wouldn't be surprised if somebody went well beyond 70% this year.

There are of course a few nasties in there to catch out those who are blindly doing questions and not thinking about the significance of each result, but other than those it'll be quite friendly.

iStudent

HSC
This is generous...
Course candidature of around 3371

Read somewhere that 97 is like top 1-2% so yea.

Correct me if I'm wrong :p

Edit: If you check out the scaling report by UAC
http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/2015-ScalingReport.pdf
99th percentile for MX2 is 49/50 = 98 HSC mark (top 30)

But to be fair, 90th percentile is 94-5. Hard to say how the bell curve distribution looks (since they don't release this as I'm aware), but 97 HSC as top 50 is not a poor approximate (although more realistically probably top 70)

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Here is one of the questions I scrapped. Felt it was too straightforward, and also it's quite easy to prove the result using the "or otherwise" method. Was originally going to be Question 16 (a) of Extension 2, then got downgraded to Extension 1, then eventually scrapped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)