Official BOS Trial 2015 Thread (1 Viewer)

Modern

HSC
For 4u what raw mark should u be aiming for in the actual hsc, if you want a band 6.

suwag

HSC
Hi, what mark should i be getting in this exam if i'm aiming for 46-49 for 3u. Thanks

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just did the counts.

2U - 20

3U - 78

4U - 64

I would love to accept more for 3U and 4U, and I am fairly confident that we could get the numbers above 100 each quite easily, but unfortunately due to the limitations in the number of markers we have, we are going to have to cap it off here until further notice.

However, we will still be accepting applicants for the 2U examination.

I will send out the student numbers closer to the day so please keep an eye out on this thread for updates!

Drsoccerball

HSC
Damn... Carrot i have a question for you :) In 2013 ex 1 bos trial question 14a iii) Instead of doing what the answers did can't we just say:

Its worth 3 marks so...

leehuan

HSC
Damn... Carrot i have a question for you :) In 2013 ex 1 bos trial question 14a iii) Instead of doing what the answers did can't we just say:

Its worth 3 marks so...
MIF teaches that method too. LOL

But I personally think that manipulation of the trigonometric function is acceptable. Let Carrot be the judge of it though I suppose.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Its worth 3 marks so...
But t is a variable. How do you know that we will hit max range when t is still there and could go to infinity to maximise the displacement irrespective of the angle?

Drsoccerball

HSC
But t is a variable. How do you know that we will hit max range when t is still there and could go to infinity to maximise the displacement irrespective of the angle?
So what would you have got if you did something like i did :p /3

physchemnotes

HSC
You have to make another expression with only x and y in it (remove the parameter t) then let y = 0 (cause thats what range defines, position of x at y = 0), then you apply your method

Drsoccerball

HSC
You have to make another expression with only x and y in it (remove the parameter t) then let y = 0 (cause thats what range defines, position of x at y = 0), then you apply your method
Its called a Cartesian equation... and i wasn't asking that because I didn't know what to do... Im asking because i wanted to know if thats all we can do...Trebla since my method proves all values of t except would i get 2/3 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)