Official BOS Study Meat v2.0 (Winter Edition) (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
also Carrot, any news regarding interest on eco seminars? if there is demand i'm willing to prepare something on exam technique (seriously doubt anyone needs lecturing upon content for that subject), since it's quite different to other subjects.
I have to sort out a timetable because there are a couple of problems:

1. A fair few Year 11s registered for various subjects but I forgot to mention that the seminars are targeted PRIMARILY at Year 12s. I think this will reduce the numbers a fair bit since we have quite a lot of Year 11s registering, only a handful of which are accelerated.

I think just for these holidays, we will only have the seminars catering to Year 12 students. Perhaps next holidays we can do it for all. Will sort the students according to grade later.

Later, I will also ask people to confirm seminar attendance so I can get an approximation of numbers. Depending on numbers, I will allocate them to River/Retro/Darug room.

If we do such a thing, I will need to separate the room such that we don't distract the other people studying in the same room.

2. Some seminars have too many people. I originally implemented a max of 10 but I think it's best that we try to help as many people as possible within reason (after all, that's the idea of the day isn't it?). I originally planned to have the River Room for the seminars, but now thinking of using it for the SMALLER seminars ie: Biology, 2U Maths etc whereas the larger ones can make use of the projector + space that is available in the Darug and Retro Room.

3. Problem #2 introduces another problem: Clashes.

Many people want to attend more than 1 seminar but that is virtually impossible looking at the resources and time we have on the day. I will soon make a draft timetable, see what people think, review it then release a final timetable.

-------------------------------------

It will already be pretty difficult fitting in the current seminars, let alone new ones. If really needed and if Demand(Eco/Legal) > Demand(Biology) for example then I might have to replace some seminars.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I just wanted to make a correction that I'm not in year 11 haha! :)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Thank you! Anybody else if I got your Year (or gender for that matter) wrong, please let me know.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I'm in the 'most dedicated of all' group now :D Thanks carrot!

Sanjeet

HSC
What does most dedicated of all mean? people below year 11? lol

khfreakau

HSC
I have to sort out a timetable because there are a couple of problems:

1. A fair few Year 11s registered for various subjects but I forgot to mention that the seminars are targeted PRIMARILY at Year 12s.
so for this time around, are we going to exclude all the year 11s or simply give the year 12s priority then exclude on an as needed basis? It seems fair enough, I don't see the harm of letting them in on it if it's not rivalrous in consumption (awyea collective good).

3. Problem #2 introduces another problem: Clashes.
How long are seminars intended to go for?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
so for this time around, are we going to exclude all the year 11s or simply give the year 12s priority then exclude on an as needed basis? It seems fair enough, I don't see the harm of letting them in on it if it's not rivalrous in consumption (awyea collective good).
The Year 11s who are currently enrolled in MX1 or Physics etc will probably not learn much, so I will remove them from the seminar list unless they specify for me to leave them on.

However, Year 11 students enrolled in the English Seminar are still okay to stay since it's applicable to them as well.

How long are seminars intended to go for?
Around 1.5 hours, will work out a timetable later to confirm length. Gonna leave 10 mins wiggle room.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
This is really awesome of you! If you need any further help with Physics, I may be able to come out

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
11:29 ignoring tutors/grads.

I will invite the twins too, so that might make it 13:29.

At least it's not a sausage fest anymore (inb4Spiral).

HSC
N/A
Re: Official BOS Study Meat v2.0

what is:

"Green = Most dedicated of all (3)"

can I be purple? (most awesome of all)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)