Offical: I wish buffy was still on thread (1 Viewer)

Fry

well, if you like depressing kind of stuff then good for you. i might give it a second go though because that was my least watched season.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
Season 6 was crap because it wasnt that interesting. What makes the first 3 seasons & season 5 good?

1. We have good methology. Demons are interesting and play a good part of the storytelling.
2. Good big bads. Who didnt love Spike, Angelus & Dru in season 2 & Faith and The Mayor in season 3... Season 5 was cool because of glory.
3. As the episodes go on they feel like theyre building up to something. (apocalypse? heh)
4. Good charachter development & relationships.

what makes season 6 bad

1. The Trio. Ok they are kinda humerous the first time, but they are really annoying.
2. The episodes storys in general. There are some really stupid stuff, like the whole betting on kittens crap. Plus the demon makeup and stuff is so dodge, what the hell was the go with that shark demon. I also hated how they demystified the demons. Now buffy is friends with "clem" and stuff. stupid as.
3. Willows addiction to magic & buffy being miserable about life. Life can be miserable and buffy is supposed to be an escape into a different world where we can be entertained. Why the hell do we want to see people be THIS miserable on tv, and especially buffy. jeez.
4. killing tara off, and no giles. Giles was a central part of buffy, and he was only in a small handful of eps. Sucked.

im not to flash hot on s7 either, but thats my main reasons for why s6 sucked

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah how dare ash want not to be on every episode in favour of spending time with his daughters. what a monster!

tabularasa

HSC
OK season six was bad i get that and understand why everyone hates it so because i am one of them. But at least buffy never re used storyline liek charmed does. And we may complain that season6 was the worse seasn but it still was better than half of the stuff on tv at the moment.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh sif season one wasn't the worst season.

1- it had the least original storylines
2- it had the least character development
3- it had some of the lamest dialogue

how does that outshine season 6 which at least dared to take the series in a different place and experiment?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
so basically because season 6 was dark and made you uncomfortable, that makes it the worst season? can you spell complacent?

tabularasa

HSC
i think why most people hate it is because its so different from other seasons. And also buffy's genral mood. Its suposed to be light but that season wasn't

HSC
season 6 wasnt the worst season - it was just really depressing the first time around but the more u watch it the less depressing it becomes.

i loved season 3 (oz! i love oz!) but then again i loved all seasons. except season 1 coz i didnt see it all, but thats my post-hsc project - watch all of season 1 on dvd

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
I don't mind Season 6; there are some really good episodes like Tabula Rasa, OMWF and the ending episodes with Evil Willow (who by the way is a lot cooler than evil Doppelganger Willow from season 3 i reckon).

Yeah i like season 3 the best. Loved the Mayor, Faith and Ascension plot.

I don't really like 5 or 1.

tabularasa

HSC
Season 1 i think was the worst but that was becaise there was little character development and just basically monster of the week stuff. And i didn;t liek the master much.

Fry

there was little character development because s1 only had 12 episodes and they had to focus on Buffy's role as the slayer. s1 was aimed more at youngsters and so they had this typical ugly bad guy (the master) with whom we were meant to dislike. the big bads in the following seasons were designed to be likeable cos they had personality. some of the dialogue was cheesy but there were still some snappy dialogue in there which was ahead of its time. BtVS was only in its primitive stages and it was meant to be a summer filler so i forgive the show for its early shortcomings.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
bump

i just watched the finale again and it got me all nostalgic... i miss buffy so much it has left a void in my life haha
any new members buffy fans?

Some_Guy

HSC
I used to watch it. Got a bit boring after the 3rd season but it was still good.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i don't know if im the only one, and i haven't read all of this thread, but i somehow didn't like that show at all..it kinda didn't engage me. i once tried to wtch it, i actually fell asleep, my mom had to drag me to my room. i don't think the herione is that good looking either...what's her name again?

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
3. Willows addiction to magic & buffy being miserable about life. Life can be miserable and buffy is supposed to be an escape into a different world where we can be entertained. Why the hell do we want to see people be THIS miserable on tv, and especially buffy. jeez.
All true. Willow's addiction being paralleled with a drug addiction was so lame. Remember when she smashed that car while 'stoned'?

S6&7 lick major balls compared to S1-5. Anyone who says otherwise is Spike-obsessed, unable to recognise bad storylines or just plain stupid.

I liked Season 1! It was cute. The Pack and The Puppet Show are my favourites.

tabularasa

HSC
the puppet show was good. BUt i thought season 1 was a bit gimmicky it really picked up in season 2. PAssion is still the best episoe ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)