obligations after a date (2 Viewers)

PrimeTime

HSC
--- The solution
I'd say keep the gift, tell him you're a great guy but he's not what you're looking for/you're not interested/wouldn't work out/etc. Put the foot down!.

--- The reactions
If he's a 'man', he'll take it stoically. But overall he'll get over it, it was only 1 date after all.
If not and he starts to cry, well obviously he's a bit of a pussy isn't he?.

K

katie_tully

He wouldn't want the gift back anyway. It would be a dirty gift and would remind him of the cruel way in which you used and abused his desperation. =(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
He wouldn't want the gift back anyway. It would be a dirty gift and would remind him of the cruel way in which you used and abused his desperation. =(
Haha! Oh so true

HSC
it was a b'day gift wasn't it... he probably did make it a bit more pricey for points with you, but giving it back doesnt quite fit. It would be like the ultimate insult, kinda 'i dont even want to reminded of you by this'. Just keep it and say its not working, if it is really not working he'd be ready for it.

felixcthecat

HSC
going out wif him doesn't mean ur obligated to anything rite..? so there won't be any need to giv his gift back.. as suggested by lotsa ppl already ^^ cuz it would be relai realli reali bad.. and i'd just get on with my own life (cuz that's wut one of my friends did and that worked) hehe ^.~

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Connie unless he's a convicted rapist, isn't it a bit dangerous of you to put his pic up on the net?

Best to edit the post, lawsuit waiting to happen there....

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I don't think posting his picture is necessary.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
connie said:
do you think i care? what's he going to do sue me? there is no law against telling the truth but there is law against raping people. perhaps society should stop turning the offender into the victim. people have a right to be safe in this world and if the law too ridden with corruption to do anything about it i sure as hell am not going to stand by and watch it happen to someone else.
Can you prove he did it? If not then that post can be considered as slanderous? I was just trying to save you possible trouble, no need to get all moral high ground on me.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
connie said:
and don't dare lecture me on posting his picture when he was allowed to fabricate stories regarding me to his friends. I will not be a powerless victim.
Yeah yeah, good onya and all that......

connie said:
This thread was about obligations that girls have to boys.
So how does posting his pic become relevant to the thread?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
connie said:
why don't you want to see the picture? because it strikes too close to reality. why don't you go put on a movie and pretend that's the happy world we live in.
oh, for fucks sake.....

powerhouse

HSC
connie said:
I can prove he did it but in order for him to sue for defamation he has to prove he DIDN'T do it therefore making what i said untrue, since this is 100% not possible good luck to the bastard trying. Throw enough mud and some will stick. He should of thought about me telling people when he did it and don't dare lecture me on posting his picture when he was allowed to fabricate stories regarding me to his friends. I will not be a powerless victim.

This thread was about obligations that girls have to boys my case simply illustrates the danger of feeling obligated to associate with someone, perhaps we should stick to the topic unless you wish to start a thread on defamation.
He doesn't have to prove shit. It's called innocent until proven guilty - and that is for both civil and criminal cases. If he isn't convicted of being a rapist you can ultimately be sued for defamation.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
If I bought you a non-refundable diamond ring worth thousands are you obligated to follow through in the relationship and then have my kids? (You would if you were a gold digger).

I'll be utterly dissapointed and it would break my heart *ouch* if you left me blah blah blah.... Teach the guy a lesson and give him back the gift refundable or not.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
True, u could break up with him, screw him, then say goodbye.
That way he probably won't give a fuck.
yeh, he'd get something out of it

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
ok i went out with this guy last weekend. nice guy but i'm not that interested. on top of everything, IF i was to get involved atm, it would have to be with a bastard, cos i've been with waaay too many nice guys and always been the one doing the hurting in the end.

the thing is, he bought me a really nice, quite expensive gift (as our date was the day after my birthday). so i kind of feel obligated to follow through... i don't want to say "so long, have a nice life" cos i feel like a bitch, but i don't really want to see him again either.

advice? usually using them and losing them is much easier than this :s

tell him you're not interested.

supergirl

HSC
glycerine said:
ok i went out with this guy last weekend. nice guy but i'm not that interested. on top of everything, IF i was to get involved atm, it would have to be with a bastard, cos i've been with waaay too many nice guys and always been the one doing the hurting in the end.

the thing is, he bought me a really nice, quite expensive gift (as our date was the day after my birthday). so i kind of feel obligated to follow through... i don't want to say "so long, have a nice life" cos i feel like a bitch, but i don't really want to see him again either.

advice? usually using them and losing them is much easier than this :s
Erin, on the one hand I feel inclined to point out that there are NO OBLIGATIONS...

But on the other hand... Well, it was REALLY nice perfume.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I wouldn't tell him exactly how you feel... "I don't think we really match... I was hoping for a chauvanist to treat me like shit but u had to be 'nice' ".
lol well not exactly, but as long as you let him know your not interested in a relationship with him..If she speaks to him again she could say something like-"Thanks for the generous gift, you didn't have to go out your way like that"
and if he ask's her out again say- No sorry I think we should just be friends, because if she does agree to go out with him again then he will think she is interested. It's best to let him know.

HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
lol well not exactly, but as long as you let him know your not interested in a relationship with him..If she speaks to him again she could say something like-"Thanks for the generous gift, you didn't have to go out your way like that"
and if he ask's her out again say- No sorry I think we should just be friends, because if she does agree to go out with him again then he will think she is interested. It's best to let him know.
couldnt have said it better myself....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)