obligations after a date (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ok i went out with this guy last weekend. nice guy but i'm not that interested. on top of everything, IF i was to get involved atm, it would have to be with a bastard, cos i've been with waaay too many nice guys and always been the one doing the hurting in the end.

the thing is, he bought me a really nice, quite expensive gift (as our date was the day after my birthday). so i kind of feel obligated to follow through... i don't want to say "so long, have a nice life" cos i feel like a bitch, but i don't really want to see him again either.

advice? usually using them and losing them is much easier than this :s

studynoob

HSC
N/A
well if your desperate for a bastard then you should be slidding my way!!! :D oh and you must have nice tits a tight ass and a decent face if no a paper bag will do!!! then ill reconsider your offer note: the date is gonna be like... 1) movies 2) beer 3) more beer 4) sex 5)hangover 6) breakup without regrets 6 easy steps be seeing you soon!!! this interview is over!

bumbo_hippo

HSC
welz...
from wat u said..
u dun like da guy..dat much..hmm...
u can tell him dat u dont reali feel dat same...rite now? and danxs for da present..
he proli gave u da present at bday rite? so yea....its not like...i give u present and u go out wif me type of thing...

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
ok i went out with this guy last weekend. nice guy but i'm not that interested. on top of everything, IF i was to get involved atm, it would have to be with a bastard, cos i've been with waaay too many nice guys and always been the one doing the hurting in the end.

the thing is, he bought me a really nice, quite expensive gift (as our date was the day after my birthday). so i kind of feel obligated to follow through... i don't want to say "so long, have a nice life" cos i feel like a bitch, but i don't really want to see him again either.

It will be hard to do but you have to let him know that your not interested(In a nice way of course)
Even though you feel obligated to follow through it's best to let him know how you really feel, if you do follow through he he might get the impression that you are interested through, when your really not.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
well the nice thing to do is to return his gift and say that u two aren't a match or whatever...
cos i've been with waaay too many nice guys and always been the one doing the hurting in the end.
but surely u'd still go out with a nice guy that you like... unless you get bored of every relationship.
Even though you feel obligated to follow through it's best to let him know how you really feel, if you do follow through he he might get the impression that you are interested through, when your really not.
I wouldn't tell him exactly how you feel... "I don't think we really match... I was hoping for a chauvanist to treat me like shit but u had to be 'nice' ".
Sorry, I don't do little boys.
Not what I hear.

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Return the gift, say thank you but apologise, and tell the truth in a roundabout way... say you don't think it could work right now or something. That way you're being honest, and he can't accuse you of being ungrateful.

datAsianGuy

over school
HSC
glycerine said:

hey, yeah, what ever way, if hes got intentions, youre gonna burst his bubble... and hell probly hurt, even if he says he doesn't. but don't give him sleepless nights and cold sweats everytime he sees you. Just tell him nicely, but not casually, and do it sooner rather than later. good luck

kaylz

HSC
the guy sounds like a clinger. get out now.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Haha hiii Matt and Mike!

I can't give back the present. One, I've already used it. (Well it was reeeally nice and I've worn my no.5 waaay too many times!). Two, that would entail actually seeing him again. :p

Not-That-Bright said:
but surely u'd still go out with a nice guy that you like... unless you get bored of every relationship.

I wouldn't tell him exactly how you feel... "I don't think we really match... I was hoping for a chauvanist to treat me like shit but u had to be 'nice' ".
That's the thing, I do get bored eventually, in like, every relationship. To the point where it's getting ridiculous.

kaylz said:
the guy sounds like a clinger. get out now.
yeah, that's part of the reason I'm like, nooo... cause of his text messages + the present

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
A guy shouldn't be able to buy his way into a relationship.

If you're not interested, then don't go out with him. It's probably bad enough giving a girl such a pricey gift and then get rejected. :p It'll be worse to have on top of that your hopes brought up and thrown back in your face.

My friend went out with a guy for a few weeks, and she bought him cologne for his birthday. Because they broke up so soon, he felt bad for accepting the present, so he paid her back. Maybe that's an option.

HSC
Keep the present - what would he do with used girl's perfume?

Send him a card and tell him: you're not the guy for me, no hard feelings, thanks for the present.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
hahah what a clever guy. give a present to a chick so shes kinda obliged to see you again...
why dont you do another date and see how it goes from there? you wont feel as guilty for keeping the present after another date

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
glycerine said:

You're not obligated to do anything.

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
Better to hurt him now then to hurt him later.

Giving a man false hopes and then killing it is...bad.

Just tell him he's a great guy and all that bullshit but yea you're not really interested in a relationship atm. =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)