O-Week - more forums for your reading and replying pleasure and freak out avoidance (1 Viewer)

simon2004

Hi BoS forum-ites,

At risk of sounding like I'm merely plugging something somewhere I shouldn't be I have just been reading of new students who have asked about things like timetables, transport, and Unipass.

These are great questions, with great answers!

Just wanted to let you all know that there are many trained and University recognised volunteers at forums.oweek.info that can help new students and hopefully avoid you from any panicking.

-There's also O-Week eXtreme-

Strewth
(one of the yellow shirt people)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Re: O-Week - more forums for your reading and replying pleasure and freak out avoidan

just wanted to ask, when we join arc on the day, do we bring cash with that filled in form that we got from the mail and then hand it to the arc people

simon2004

Re: O-Week - more forums for your reading and replying pleasure and freak out avoidan

just wanted to ask, when we join arc on the day, do we bring cash with that filled in form that we got from the mail and then hand it to the arc people
Yeh you can.

Note that there are ATMs on campus (Commonwealth and ANZ) you can use to get cash out if you don't wish to carry it all day, and if you have a debit/credit card then you can pay using eftpos, or any credit card except AMEX.

But really the most important thing is to make sure you get involved in the huge amount of stuff happening all year so you have an awesome extracurricular life as well as an awesome academic life.

hope that helps.

Arowana21

HSC
N/A

kkk. Also i want to ask you about the myStart orientation programs which you can book online. Am i able to still go into the session on the day, if the session says it has reached its quota. I really want to go to that session, and have been checking frequently, but it still says it is full.
If i cant, then it doesnt matter then.
The session is called 'free stuff for students'. I was just wondering, do u actually get free stuff in this session, or is this session just about telling you 'where' you can get free stuff???

Arowana21

HSC
N/A

and also for week 0, all we do is just those myStart programs right?, and so our actual lectures will start in week 1?

simon2004

There will be heaps of free stuff in O-Week - check out the main walkway when you get to campus.

With that workshop you may have realised this already - there are two sessions, so keep checking both for vacancies.
Monday 2 March, 12:00 - 1:30pm, Morven Brown Room G4
Wednesday 4 March, 1:00 - 2:30pm. Morven Brown Room G4.

I would guess that the free stuff is probably the valuable advice on how to get more free stuff. I haven't been to that workshop though so I'm not sure.

If the quota has been reached, it means that the maximum allowance of people will be booked into that room - so it is more unlikely than likely that unbooked students could attend.

Actual lectures start on Week 1 - from Monday 9 March unless specifically told by your lecturer beforehand that there is something in Week 0 (for instance of a compulsory lab introduction before lectures start).

Don't forget - there's heaps of people at the O-Week website at UNSW O-Week 2009: Turn It Up!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC

The o-week website is terrible this year. Bring back the designer from last year imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)