NSW to dump UAI! New Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) (1 Viewer)

ATARD

HSC
Re: NSW to dump UAI!

Screw the ATARD, and here is why:

http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/ATAR-Conversion-Table.pdf

Any UAI greater than 99.70 scales down 0.05 automatically. Joy...

Its not like anyone who gets >99.95 now just rounds down to 99.95, everyone greater than 99.70 scales down... and people below 99.70 scale up... down in the 80's as high as 1 point! wtf?

JB10

HSC

None of you were going to get a 100 UAI anyway so it doesn't matter.

Mathman26

HSC
N/A

the department of education is always looking for ways to make australia look smarter than it really is. they use that aligning bullshit to boost everyones mark and now thye're doing this.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

it's a gay system, I liked uai better and now minimum is like 36 WTF with massive changes like 1 point differences as stated before. I'm against this!!!! FFS

ahh well... UAI aim is still 100.00 just re-written as ATAR aim 99.95 >_<"

Someone please get a perfect aggregate of 500 to shove it up their asses :)

Namu? Kamal? dd24? Clint? lolokay? Someone do it please!

dp624

HSC

dude 500 aggregate is topping 10 units
that's epic hard

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

LOL!
I know it is, but I would love to see someone do it just to get 100! and lol you couldve done it with a bit more effort xD

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC

Wow damn I was hoping that this was a hoax after hearing it on the radio and reading the first few pages of this thread. I guess it's official then.

~::UAI::~

Life is Wonderful
HSC

LOL.... so now UAI is offically gone
"...So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu..."

I bid u farewell

>_<

very shocking indeed, especially at this time, While i am doing StuVac~ing...

glo-stick91

HSC
Yeah, i got a letter about this in the mail this morning.

Doesn't seem too bad.

Bit stupid to do it mid-hsc, but thats just the way things go i guess

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
People, stop whinging.

The entry scores for university courses will be altered to correlate with the changes in the UAI/ATAR system.

Ultimately, that's what a UAI is for.

Get over it.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I am glad I finished my HSC before the these organisations ruined the HSC English Area of Study with a poor topic called 'Belonging', trying to introduce statistics into 2 unit maths (go back to general you business retards) and now this ATAR system.

~::UAI::~

Life is Wonderful
HSC
couldn't agree more, we're out of here!

haha...

>_<

just stay calm, from what i see, ATAR mark are generally higher than the UAI, so no big difference there

dp624

HSC
i am glad i finished my hsc before the these organisations ruined the hsc english area of study with a poor topic called 'belonging', trying to introduce statistics into 2 unit maths (go back to general you business retards) and now this atar system.
+1

Borbor

HSC
GG to all those who thought it was a hoax and, I, a troll :p

I think in the end you've just to work hard and you'll do your best. I'm suspecting this ATAR move will be a prelude to a national curriculum in the near future 2011-2012? to streamline our national educaiton system and iron out any discrepancies across states.

Until we have a national secondary curriculum, this ATAR move remains questionable in my mind. It's still prone to so many discrepancies e.g. differnet states could scale things differently.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. As I understand it, you're still being ranked against your own state, but reported nationally (pls correct me if I'm wrong). So, like I mentioned earlier, everyone should just move to NT or TAS and get scaled against that state (which obviously has lower level of competition), so they get a higher state-UAI which then is reported as a higher ATAR anyway. They should've nationalised the curriculum BEFORE nationalising the results.

James Cos

HSC

Screw the ATARD, and here is why:

http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/ATAR-Conversion-Table.pdf

Any UAI greater than 99.70 scales down 0.05 automatically. Joy...

Its not like anyone who gets >99.95 now just rounds down to 99.95, everyone greater than 99.70 scales down
... and people below 99.70 scale up... down in the 80's as high as 1 point! wtf?
Myth.

Percentile ranks will now be truncated, not rounded. For example, someone with a rank of 99.83 would have been rounded up to 99.85 in the past. Now, that would be truncated to 99.80.

This won't affect everyone on the top scores - only some of them. See the UAC website for details.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

the why the hell did the uni's spend so much prinitng off those 2010 university program info booklets, this is gonna cost a lot - expect taxpayers to bear the cost...

sj1990

HSC
You know how its like "you get ranked with the year 7's you began high school with" ... I repeated year 12, my year graduated last year with UAIs instead of ATARs. What does that mean for me?

q3thefish

HSC
You know how its like "you get ranked with the year 7's you began high school with" ... I repeated year 12, my year graduated last year with UAIs instead of ATARs. What does that mean for me?
You're in a loophole buddy. Nice, you beat the system x]

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
These changes are so pointless. It's just going to make everyone more confused about the whole system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)