NSW to dump UAI! New Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: NSW to dump UAI!

wait, so this means theres gonna be more people with the highest possible ATAR right? theres gonna be the 99.95UAIers as well as the 100UAIers for the 09 HSC getting a 99.95 ATAR...
Instead of 20-23 there'll be 40-46 lol

FUCKING FUCK

100 sounded so much better

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC

Epic lolz@ this thread. OP sounded like a troll when he posted the link to the NSW road tolls.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

Epic lolz@ this thread. OP sounded like a troll when he posted the link to the NSW road tolls.
haha, had the same impression at first as well :)

as soon as the UAC website published it as well as Lazarus' comment, it all fell together :)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

What's confusing me is how they're going to do it?

Like there'll be a lot more brighter kids that we're competing with. Also (no offense to the other states) but I'm pretty sure the HSC is of a much higher standard than many other credentials (such as the NTSC for example).

It just seems so unfair, like if they're gonna introduce a new national ranking system, wouldn't it have made sense to introduce a national curriculum first? I mean it's stupid to compare things which aren't equal.

Borbor

HSC

Thank you for your faith, I really appreciate it.

What I posted in the first post was just copied out of the smh link so none of you are missing out on anything

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC

Like there'll be a lot more brighter kids that we're competing with. Also (no offense to the other states) but I'm pretty sure the HSC is of a much higher standard than many other credentials (such as the NTSC for example).

It just seems so unfair, like if they're gonna introduce a new national ranking system, wouldn't it have made sense to introduce a national curriculum first? I mean it's stupid to compare things which aren't equal.
Maybe this will bring some comfort, this could actually work in our favour...

Test Australia National IQ Test 2003 Scores with Internet Users

Considering Queensland isn't part of the new system it sounds even better :)

Zedez

HSC

Well NSW has more people, so it is harder to score highly in a rank based system like the UAI I guess. That will be a problem if we are not ranked nationally, people will think that a 99.95 here will be equal to a 99.95 in NT. But I don't see how they will rank us nationally without a complete overhaul instead of just a slight adjustment.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

So am I still ranked against NSW students only or the whole of Australia as the name suggests?

Kamal15

HSC

So gay and this is coming a week after 4 kids got estimated 100 at my school haha sucks to be them :p
mmm if you ask me clint its a nice problem to have
its not like it reeli makes a diff anyway hahaha

samthebear

HSC

I agree with a national curriculum. if they want to change the ranking system to be nation wide, it'd be better to change the curriculum to be nation-wide first.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

Hopefully they'll release an early anouncement like BOS did with the HSC timetable :D

danceislife

HSC

Yehh UAC wedsite says changes to the UAI will be announced tomorrow at 5a.m. , does this mean we can't compare ourselves to people who have completed the HSC in past years ?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC

You are still ranked against NSW students only.

Students from each State are only ranked against their own State.

The difference is that ranks will be directly comparable between States - that is, 99.95 in NSW will mean exactly the same as 99.95 in Victoria, etc - and the rank will be called the same thing everywhere - as opposed to "Universities Admission Index" (UAI) in NSW and "Equivalent National Tertiary Entrance Rank" (ENTER) in Victoria.

Just wait for the official announcement guys, there's no need to fret. :)

danceislife

HSC

Yehh UAC wedsite says changes to the UAI will be announced tomorrow at 5a.m. , does this mean we can't compare ourselves to people who have completed the HSC in past years ? and i just realised this note was on the top of the page but ohh well :)

Zedez

HSC

Isn't the UAC an NSW entity though? So it would be out of there hands?

Also, I'm pretty sure if they are releasing it a 5AM it ain't gonna get any earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)