Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Keating was never old Labor. He's even ahead of the Rudd government imo

ASNSWR127

HSC
Iron said:
Keating was never old Labor. He's even ahead of the Rudd government imo
sorry to clarify i didn't mean "old labor" as in "old left" or anything like that.

I meant the old style of good policy and good morals rather than speaking Chinese, looking like a twerp, having no oratory skills whatsoever, and going along with what the former government did...

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
keating is a twat

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Marie Bashir can't sack the government, that can only happen if a majority of the Legislative Assembly vote no confidence in the government, or if a supply bill gets blocked.

Alex2

HSC
re that speeding fine review, it's just the wheel being reinvented over and over. A few years ago, the fine was reduced and demerit point penalty raised in minor speeding offences to prove to the public 'it's not all about revenue' ....

now they reduce the demerit points.... more motivation to speed and more $$$ to the govt... a cynic might say.

Out with this hopeless mob of backwater-unheard-of bunch of 'ministers' and gubberment. If the libs had a decent campaign for once they could shit all over them... Debnam was/is a great politician (as far as polly's go) and had excellent policies and previous history pushing for great notions but the ALP campaign made him look like a monster.

banco55

HSC
Problem is I'm not sure if Barry O'farrell is the man to do what will have to be done when the Liberals win the next election. They need to get in and kick the shit out of the unions. I'm not sure if Barry has the stomach for a big fight with the unions, the SMH and the ABC in one corner.

Progressive

HSC
Oh ok let's look at Barry the Ferral...like he is going to solve the states problems, the guy is filled with a bunch of reactive ministers, where is Barry's alternative policies i want to see, he's got none he is not going to do anything, infact let the bastard go to PLUTO cicrle it around a couple of times and come back and win the winnible election, or loose the unlooseable election. For cying out loud the guy admited he listens to David Old field on 2gb...what a fraudsta...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Barry will do what it takes. He'll kick the shit out of the public service and stand up to narrow interest groups because the alternative is unthinkable.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Progressive said:
Oh ok let's look at Barry the Ferral...like he is going to solve the states problems, the guy is filled with a bunch of reactive ministers, where is Barry's alternative policies i want to see, he's got none he is not going to do anything, infact let the bastard go to PLUTO cicrle it around a couple of times and come back and win the winnible election, or loose the unlooseable election. For cying out loud the guy admited he listens to David Old field on 2gb...what a fraudsta...
Yeah so let's vote Labor back in.

You are a fucking idiot. Any alternative is a better government than the morons in charge of the State now.

After more than 10 years of broken promises... let's give them 4 more years!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jb_nc said:
Yeah so let's vote Labor back in.

You are a fucking idiot. Any alternative is a better government than the morons in charge of the State now.

After more than 10 years of broken promises... let's give them 4 more years!!
But they'll build the Hills Metrolink after next election! They promised!

banco55

HSC
Progressive said:
He's not owned by the unions which in and of itself is a huge advantage over Labor. Labor simply cannot do what needs to be done whether they have another term or another 4 terms because the unions have them by the balls. It's no great mystery what has to be done in NSW Labor is simply incapable of doing it.

Lentern

HSC
More articles in the herald and the Telegraph about the right wing powerbrokers not liking Rees. He's being given every chance, real question is whether or not the caucus is willing to sack two premiers within one term, he needs to suss that out, if the answer is no then it's go time. Antagonise the trogs, move Eric to the outer ministry, sack Joe, give Carmel the treasury. O'farrell is not Bob Hawke with the astounding popularity, all he's painted himself as is a non-trog. If Rees can convince people he is defying the labor right O'farrell has his big assett whisked away. I don't know what there is to be gained by Rees playing a conventional game, he's trailing big time, role the dice, sack the trogs, attack O'farrell to no end about a lack of policy.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Lentern said:
If Rees can convince people he is defying the labor right O'farrell has his big assett whisked away. I don't know what there is to be gained by Rees playing a conventional game, he's trailing big time, role the dice, sack the trogs, attack O'farrell to no end about a lack of policy.
There's one thing Rees can't whisk away, and ultimately it counts for much more. That being, he is the leader of an incompetent government..

As for the lack of policy, people seem to be forgetting the election is still over 2 years away. Policy announcements over 1 year from the election date either get absorbed by the incumbent, or washed away into the abyss. Sure the alternative is supposed to be just that. However, I see no merit in announcing policy for the sake of it.

boris

Banned
HSC
Rees could be superman and he couldn't save NSW. It is beyond repair.

Lentern

HSC
incentivation said:
There's one thing Rees can't whisk away, and ultimately it counts for much more. That being, he is the leader of an incompetent government..

As for the lack of policy, people seem to be forgetting the election is still over 2 years away. Policy announcements over 1 year from the election date either get absorbed by the incumbent, or washed away into the abyss. Sure the alternative is supposed to be just that. However, I see no merit in announcing policy for the sake of it.
Rees only needs to convince people that there are half a dozen competent, noble MP's in the parliament and that they are making the key decisions, if the two thirds of the labor party seem disgruntled and unhappy with what Rees is doing that probably helps him even more. I'd hazard a guess that most people actually are quite fond of Tebbutt. Surely there are five more of her in the party. People dislike the apparent powerbrokers but I reckon most of them are very sympathetic to those who dissent. Like I said Rees small glimmer of hope rests heavilly on whether or not the powebrokers would dare oust a second premier in one term.

As for lack of policy I'm not saying O'farrell would be smart to launch one. His campaign strategy of remaining quiet then coming out of the woodwork the moment the government makes a boo boo is very effective but Rees is letting him, he should be atleast applying some pressure to O'farrell. He spends his time in the press trying to defend gaffes, he need to learn to spin it into a story about what's wrong with the libs, something Bob Carr was very good at. I mean without googling him what can anyone really tell me about O'farrelll except he leads the liberal party and opposes most labor intiaitives? I couldn't even name his portfolio at the previous election, I know he was deputy but what portfolio I have no idea. Who is the libs shadow treasurer or shadow health minister? There will be a whole shdow cabinet completed unscathed within six a month of the next election the way we're going and a leader of the opposition whose barely copped anything.

spiny norman

HSC
Lentern said:
Rees only needs to convince people that there are half a dozen competent, noble MP's in the parliament and that they are making the key decisions, if the two thirds of the labor party seem disgruntled and unhappy with what Rees is doing that probably helps him even more. I'd hazard a guess that most people actually are quite fond of Tebbutt. Surely there are five more of her in the party.
I really like Verity Firth, the Education Minister. I think most people liked Della Bosca too, until the whole Iguana Nightclub thing (but even then has that destroyed his reputation, or do people just pity his being married to a bitch?).

I mean without googling him what can anyone really tell me about O'farrelll except he leads the liberal party and opposes most labor intiaitives? I couldn't even name his portfolio at the previous election, I know he was deputy but what portfolio I have no idea. Who is the libs shadow treasurer or shadow health minister? There will be a whole shdow cabinet completed unscathed within six a month of the next election the way we're going and a leader of the opposition whose barely copped anything.
I think Labor's hoping that this'll end up the same as 2007, in that everyone hated Labor and probably would've voted against them until they came to know Debnam. That said, O'Farrell's not Debnam. Whether Labor can capitalise on whoever on his front bench is Debnam-quality could be what saves them, but I'm highly sceptical (if WA can vote for a Liberal Party with the chair-sniffer as Treasurer, where their Labor Party was in much better shape than the NSW one currently is, I think we can say that people are mostly voting for the leaders of the opposition, not their shadow front bench.

ASNSWR127

HSC
banco55 said:
He's not owned by the unions which in and of itself is a huge advantage over Labor. Labor simply cannot do what needs to be done whether they have another term or another 4 terms because the unions have them by the balls. It's no great mystery what has to be done in NSW Labor is simply incapable of doing it.

aaaahhh reds under the beds!

how easily you were sucked in by a fear campaign...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)