• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

nsw gov (1 Viewer)

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
should have elected the other guy

he was gonna fire shitloads of bureaucrats instead of cutting funding from schools & health

boris

Banned
HSC
i dunno. seems like a good idea to me to fund gay mardi gras and V8 supercars instead of the health and education systems

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
poofs and bogans: labors key voting bloc

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Very true. Debnam was a bit zealous with his public sector cuts, but the idea was right. Once again, the unions created a fear campaign.

The wastage is in the back room, on the zillions of bureaucrats who debate over change management, continual restructure and PR management. Just go to www.jobs.nsw.gov.au and you'll see what I mean.

Honestly, $116,000 p.a for a 'Aboriginal Education Consultant, Social Inclusion'. Surely such a role is not worth almost double the average wage? That is the type of position where the money is going..

https://jobs.nsw.gov.au/JobDetails.asp?JobAdvertId=77063

Is there anything this government has done right the past two terms?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
Close your eyes, wait till 2011, our voices will be heard. Premier Barry O'Farrell will clean up Labor's mess.:uhhuh:
just close your eyes and dont wake up. will do the whole world a favour.:uhhuh:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Anyone read this article?

I was offered seat before murder, says Reba Meagher

FORMER Minister Reba Meagher has revealed that she was offered John Newman's seat of Cabramatta five hours before he was murdered

The stunning fresh evidence was delivered at the enquiry into the conviction of former Fairfield councillor Phuong Ngo for Newman’s murder.

Ms Meagher, who was Cabramatta MP until resigning in the dying hours of Morris Iemma's premiership, told the inquiry that John Della Bosca had telephoned her at 12 noon on September 5, 1994.

He told her to meet him at 4pm.

She arrived at the meeting with her friend Joe Tripodi to be told by Mr Della Bosca that she should choose whether she wanted to stand for Cabramatta or the seat of St Mary’s at the 1995 election.

Mr Della Bosca, then general secretary of the NSW Labor party told her that the seats would be vacant and to consider her answer.

She said he gave her no indication of what problems there were with the sitting MPs.

At 9.30pm that same day, Newman was shot dead in the driveway of his Cabramatta home.

Ms Meagher said that at 11pm, Mr Della Bosca rang her and told her to meet him at 9am the next day with her answer.

She chose the then-vacant seat of Cabramatta and won the October 1994 by-election, holding the seat until she resigned earlier this year.

Ms Meagher said the reason she was offered Newman’s seat was because she had agreed to stand aside from running for the senate in favour of Belinda Neal.

But the inquiry was told that Mr Della Bosca had given evidence at Ngo’s murder trial denying that Newman would not be standing in the 1995 election.

Mr Della Bosca had said that on September 5, 1994 he had lunch with Ngo and offered him the Cabramatta seat at the 1999 election.

Ms Meagher left the Supreme Court at Darlinghurst hand-in-hand with her boyfriend, former Channel 9 reporter and ex-government spin doctor Adam Walters.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24616009-5006009,00.html

hmm

zstar

HSC
N/A
Labour finally cut spending.

Looks like they're finally getting their act together.

boris

Banned
HSC
Yes. Taking more money off under-funded things like hospitals and schools will certainly help the people of nsw.

aussie-boy

HSC
Personally, I think way too much money is spent on remedial healthcare. The majority of recipients of services are the permanently disabled and elderly, i.e. people who if treated will contribute nothing to society/the economy

Obviously there is a moral obligation to deliver a basic standard of care, however we need to be careful about going beyond this - as it is not worth it, and takes money away from preventative healthcare and other spending areas

boris

Banned
HSC
You are a complete fucking waste of oxygen, go kill yourself?

There is a moral obligation to deliver a basic standard of care, and this standard is not being met with the current funding, so why not just slash funding, beds, staff etc.

Seriously fuck off. If i saw you in the street i would bash the fuck out of you, then not take you to hospital because you dont deserve the basic standard of care because if treated you wont contribute anything to society.

zstar

HSC
N/A
boris said:
Yes. Taking more money off under-funded things like hospitals and schools will certainly help the people of nsw.

I don't think you realise how deep in debt NSW is in.

They can't fund the public schools at all and can't build another power station because of a severe lack of funding.

Without spending cuts this state will implode.

If they got rid of most departments and cut welfare spending, People complain about privatization but then whine and complain that they don't get enough from centrelink or hospitals and schools are underfunded.

That money has to come from somewhere and that means they have to raise taxes.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
zstar said:
I don't think you realise how deep in debt NSW is in.

They can't fund the public schools at all and can't build another power station because of a severe lack of funding.

Without spending cuts this state will implode.

If they got rid of most departments and cut welfare spending, People complain about privatization but then whine and complain that they don't get enough from centrelink or hospitals and schools are underfunded.

That money has to come from somewhere and that means they have to raise taxes.
AAA CREDIT RATING WE NEED IT BAD

"centrelink"
"welfare"

name other things the NSW government doesn't provide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)