NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
Bit hard when you dont cheat the cap to have an extreme backline. Our backlines still better.
Oh well. The events of the last couple of days are showing that the Dragons don't cheat the cap either ... and we can all agree that:
1. Hornby
2. Best
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Naiqama
6. Barrett
7. Head
... is the best backline in the NRL.

For Cityboy, Hornby is better than McKinnon, Gasnier is better than Tahu, Cooper is better than Smith, Naiqama is better than Burt (if you don't know this, then you obviously haven't watched enough of Wes Naiqama), and Barrett is better than Morris. Granted, Grothe is better than Best and Smith is better than Head ... but 5 out of 7 isn't so bad.

Melbourne Storm had an awesome backline ... not so in 2006. Slater, King, Geyer, Bell, Webster, Hill, Orford ... that was probably the best in the comp.

Then again, when you listen to what the media tells you, you realise that Newcastle have Andrew Johns, and thus they have the best backline in the competition :p

Cityboy

HSC
Hornby is better than McKinnon, Gasnier is better than Tahu, Cooper is better than Smith, Naiqama is better than Burt (if you don't know this, then you obviously haven't watched enough of Wes Naiqama), and Barrett is better than Morris. Granted, Grothe is better than Best and Smith is better than Head ... but 5 out of 7 isn't so bad.
Seeing as your fullback this year was Clint Greenshields and Hornby was only your halfback and the fact that Burt is better than Wes Naiquama in all depatments and that Tahu is better than Gasnier it would appear that 5 out of 7 eels are better than dragons, the only ones I'll agree with you on are the fact that Cooper is better than SMith and Barrett is better than Morris

santa06

HSC
despite not making the grandfinal...

i have to say that i'm a roosters girl through and through... they'll get back on top next season...
by the way... bulldogs suck!!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
brogan77 said:
clearly west tigers had the best backline this year, b/c they won the comp.
Not really, they stayed injury free and their forwards were consistant. I'd rate the Nth Qld backline.

davo_

good kid
HSC
brogan77 said:
i believe only the panthers and tigers can be called cats. SBW if i recall is a dog.
Exactly...nicksta, maybe i'll rip a few ligaments in your leg and I'll see how you go walking - let alone playing football... Does that make you a cat?

blanks

Best Halves:1. Tigers 2. Panthers 3. Dragons

Best Centres: 1. Dragons 2. Eels/Cowboys 3. Tigers (Elford is the most underrated centre/player in the game).

Best back 3: 1. Panthers & Cowboys 2. Eels 3. Manly/Dragons

Cityboy

HSC
Interesting that no one rates the storm as having the best halves, how can you go past Oford and Hill

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bookie said:
Best [individual] halves; Sharks - we have two internationals and you dont - so neh. They play well together as well. Lets see how it works out in 2006.
International selection doesn't count anymore. Eg: the current test team. What a fucking joke.

nicksta_40

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
For Cityboy, Hornby is better than McKinnon, Gasnier is better than Tahu, Cooper is better than Smith, Naiqama is better than Burt (if you don't know this, then you obviously haven't watched enough of Wes Naiqama), and Barrett is better than Morris. Granted, Grothe is better than Best and Smith is better than Head ... but 5 out of 7 isn't so bad.
Being a fellow dragons supporter i find it difficult in stating my opinion which differs from ur's. I agree with every1 u said except perhaps gasnier and tahu...

Gasnier played 1 of the best matches by any1 of all time against the roosters in the 2nd half of the season when he bagged a hatrick, but since that game he hasnt done too much to impress me...Tahu started the season pretty avg, but since coming back from injury was quite devastating, running the ball forward rather than gasnier who has a tendency to run sideways b4 going 4ward. I think ill rate them on even par...

As 4 Burt, he's shit, wes is a tank(referring to that other person's quote) and is just as good a goalkicker as burt, plus a better tripper!

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
bookie said:
Bit hard when you dont cheat the cap to have an extreme backline. Our backlines still better.
Ill make it short cos im suppose to be studying for Eng/Legal/HSC-

Shut The Fuck Up.

Oh and are the Dragons gonna drop Shaun Timmins and Lance Thompson next season? Its the first thing i see on the Sport News in 3days/. Like...wtf.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
kimi said:
Ill make it short cos im suppose to be studying for Eng/Legal/HSC-

Shut The Fuck Up.
How about I dont. For I donthave to study for the HSC just yet. Just the 2U maths, but that doesnt count for anything. Soooooo - cheats rorts faggots poofs gay pricks losers.

Jiga

I recon the Roosters backline alone the over the cap, lol

Have a look:

Minichello 300k?
Roberts 400k?
Cross 200k?
????
Monaghan 300k?
Anasta 400k?
Finch 200k?

Grand Total = 18mil

Forget their forward pack with more rep players!!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I recon the Roosters backline alone the over the cap, lol

Have a look:

Minichello 300k?
Roberts 400k?
Cross 200k?
????
Monaghan 300k?
Anasta 400k?
Finch 200k?

Grand Total = 18mil

Forget their forward pack with more rep players!!
You are an idiot

ledzeppelin

HSC
the roosters have a pretty awesome centre combo in cross and soliola
soliola is an axe

if monaghan and roberts fire, along with minichiello, i don't think there's a better back three
roberts had a pretty quiet year, and still managed to bag 19 tries

in the halves, anasta and soward have the potential to be a pretty potent pair

tim price

HSC
the roosters will take it all next year. towards the end of the season we were learning to play without freddy and now we have anasta and harrison. we'll do very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)