NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
OI! Where did the roosters end up on the table this year huh? Manly did better than your club so you can't talk sweetie :) :)

nicksta_40

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
am i the only one who thinks creagh is overrated?
creagh is a fuken gun mate! He puts on massive hits, seldom misses a tackle, breaks the line constantly, does the best offloads, good under the high ball, is pretty fast for a backrower, and best of all, is pretty much injury free.

Much better than that kat Sonny Bill, Creagh's the real deal...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
nicksta_40 said:
creagh is a fuken gun mate! He puts on massive hits, seldom misses a tackle, breaks the line constantly, does the best offloads, good under the high ball, is pretty fast for a backrower, and best of all, is pretty much injury free.

Thankyou ...

Jiga

COVELL IS THE PEOPLES PLAYER. Hes shit as hell, but we love him.

As for trading, looks like we'll be retaining Dykesy and buying Jye Mullane for some random management fuckup reason. Rumours include Ennis, Thompson and Brett Dallas.
True, he is da peoples man. Good to hear bout Dykes, now that backline looks quite good, bout Mullane, I have no clue what our club sees in him!!!! And if its a measure to try and cover their arse in case Dykes does go, well dats jus stupid, Vagana is the only real option - even Aitken is better than Mullane. What we really need is a winger, cos currently all we have is Covell and Scott.

Simmons
Albert
Vagana
Pomeroy
??????
Dykes
Kimmorley

Jiga

I think Simmons has potential, he just has to grow some balls and run it up like a man, not a whimp.

As for Covell, I just think he is a major liability in attack and defence. Especially in defence, he relies heavily on being able to read every detail of every play because he is just to slow to react to it otherwise. I like the look of Scott on the wing personally and hilder having the kicking duties. Covells kicking is also a worry btw, he has a nasty habit of missing sitters, and his % last year was down on previous years for himself.

As for Dykes on the bench, the idea seems nice, but IMO its a wasted bench spot. I also think that Albert needs someone with abit more skill partnered with him than either Pomeroy, Scott -> Vagana.

Overall though, Im glad we have retained Dykes, it makes that backline look half decent and this will at least lessen the pressure on Kimmorleys already ordinary kicking game.

padutz

HSC
Copacabana NYC said:
OI! Where did the roosters end up on the table this year huh? Manly did better than your club so you can't talk sweetie :) :)
damn right they did and next year manly are gonna be unstoppable, gonna be so good!!!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Schoolies 2004 said:
I think Simmons has potential, he just has to grow some balls and run it up like a man, not a whimp.

As for Covell, I just think he is a major liability in attack and defence. Especially in defence, he relies heavily on being able to read every detail of every play because he is just to slow to react to it otherwise. I like the look of Scott on the wing personally and hilder having the kicking duties. Covells kicking is also a worry btw, he has a nasty habit of missing sitters, and his % last year was down on previous years for himself.

As for Dykes on the bench, the idea seems nice, but IMO its a wasted bench spot. I also think that Albert needs someone with abit more skill partnered with him than either Pomeroy, Scott -> Vagana.

Overall though, Im glad we have retained Dykes, it makes that backline look half decent and this will at least lessen the pressure on Kimmorleys already ordinary kicking game.
Well Simmo better pick up his game soon.

Agree about Covell and his kicking - but who doesnt pity the man? Hes tries so hard.

I think Scott has a lot of skill and the problem will be getting the ball TO Albert when Phil Bailey will be in the way.

I wouldnt mind Dykes starting at hooker really, but Supercoach has his own plans [Dykes > bench]

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Dykes on the bench is intresting, but i was reading he's really not happy with the way things are and he wants to start or go to another team, so if this keeps up through next season his poor attitude might be like a cancer inside the team.... that being said, he should start because im glad hes still with the sharkies.

Bookie I couldnt agree with you more about the Albert getting no ball --> Phil Bailey. Last season, the reason why Vagana was so good in the manly game was because he actually got some ball, whenever he is outside Bailey he doesnt get so much as a sniff. Bailey thinks that hell be able to get on the outside of his man and off load, but theres one problem: HE CAN'T. So, to improve next year, move bailey over the other side of the field so he is only stopping the ball from going to Covell, who can do his job as the peoples champion by smiling and kicking....and hopefully only occasionally tackling.

.....however im also keen to see Pomeroy, i hope hes as good as hes been hyped up to be... and so to the Brown guy you always talk about Bookie.

And Go SIMMONS! The peoples Wussy :) He also tries so hard but it must escape your vision people. Simmons may not be good, but he's trying and he does have his moments of brilliance... well go you sharkies for 2006

Bookie

Banned
HSC
E-Mac! Hows it goin bro!

Um yeah. Dykes probably wont start and he'll just be unhappy [while revealing in interviews that he will be enjoying life at the Sharks, yadayada].

Phil Baileys needs to pass. He's fast becoming the biggest ballhog in the NRL. I like the idea of moving Baley to Covells side :D

I hope Pomeroy goes good, but he seems hyped up, any chance for Albert Torrens to slot in somewhere?

Simmons IS NOT trying. Thats the problem. If he was trying hed be excellent. Too bad his minds off the game [ie planning his wedding on GF day at a time when the Sharks were surefire top 4]

rewster

HSC
Too bad Cronulla don't have a mad fullback like Minichiello; or a mad backline like the Roosters: Minichiello, Roberts, Cross, Soliola, Monaghan, Anasta, Finch!
Too bad for Cronulla

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Hey anybody know if Greenshields has signed somewhere yet? has he resigned with the Dragons?

padutz

HSC
Random_87 said:
Hey anybody know if Greenshields has signed somewhere yet? has he resigned with the Dragons?
yeah im pretty sure they signed him but i think it was just for the year... i really dont know where hes gonna play once heads back and hornby goes fullback again

davo_

good kid
HSC
nicksta_40 said:

I certainly do rate Creagh (look at previous posts)... but I really don't think I'd go so far to say better than Sonny Bill... And to call Sonny Bill a cat? dear me...

Jiga

*I agree 100% and more on the Bailey thing, Ive always said it to, he has to learn how to pass the ball. I think it was the Manly game, he as injured (not 100% sure), but the results indicate that we were realistically better off without Bailey!! Especially when you consider that we have alot od depth in the second row.

*On Brown, he has ALOT of talent, bu I doubt he will get up to 1st grade next year, neither should he, hes still isnt at that level quite yet. Hes already played soem PL I believe, he should continue from their and we will see how he goes in 07.

*Simmons definetely is not trying, the evidence comes from comparing his efforts in the final against Dragons and his avg effort during the season. It was noticable in the final that he ran it up like a winger should, nice and hard, but this lacks for 99% of the regular season. The potential is their, lets jsut hope his role as FB comes good. I can see why he is their in place of Peachey to, Peachey relied on broken down play, very disorganised and to no plan, with Simmons at FB, Im sure they are trying to implement more structured plays.

*Can we be sure Dykes is wif us in 06? From what Ive been led to belive, our club doesnt want him due to some reason, and as a result Dykes has become POed and would prity much leave at any offer. Fortunately that ofer hasnt come yet, but who knows! As for Dykes at hooker, he would suit that role, but we do have alot of contenders who are far more qualified for that position, namely Kingston and Latu, and outsides like Bird. Dykes completed our backline and Vagana to 5/8 really is only a bandade solution.

*Lastly on Pomeroy, who knows about him ,hes supposedly a good player, but I have never seen him, and hes been out for a while with some illness - fingers crossed though. As for Torrens, he did have his mometns with the dragons, but hes a utility, and as they say, jack of all trade, master of none.

nicksta_40

HSC
davo_ said:
I certainly do rate Creagh (look at previous posts)... but I really don't think I'd go so far to say better than Sonny Bill... And to call Sonny Bill a cat? dear me...
sonny bill IS a cat, sure when hes out on the field hes awesome, up there with the best on ground, but being so prone to long term injuries is a characteristic of a cat.

Cityboy

HSC
Too bad Cronulla don't have a mad fullback like Minichiello; or a mad backline like the Roosters: Minichiello, Roberts, Cross, Soliola, Monaghan, Anasta, Finch!
Too bad you don't have a mad backline like the eels, Mckinnon, Grothe, Tahu, Smith, Burt, Morris, Smith.

ANd thats after losing Vaeliki and Lyon last year

Bookie

Banned
HSC
brogan77 said:
Probably should have played Covell, eh Bookie?
Yes. Fark me, who the hell wants to wait for Webb to have an attempt at goal. 80 minutes of pure enjoyment.

rewster said:
Too bad for Cronulla
Bit hard when you dont cheat the cap to have an extreme backline. Our backlines still better.

Schoolies 2004 said:
*I agree 100% and more on the Bailey thing, Ive always said it to, he has to learn how to pass the ball. I think it was the Manly game, he as injured (not 100% sure), but the results indicate that we were realistically better off without Bailey!! Especially when you consider that we have alot od depth in the second row.

*On Brown, he has ALOT of talent, bu I doubt he will get up to 1st grade next year, neither should he, hes still isnt at that level quite yet. Hes already played soem PL I believe, he should continue from their and we will see how he goes in 07.

*Simmons definetely is not trying, the evidence comes from comparing his efforts in the final against Dragons and his avg effort during the season. It was noticable in the final that he ran it up like a winger should, nice and hard, but this lacks for 99% of the regular season. The potential is their, lets jsut hope his role as FB comes good. I can see why he is their in place of Peachey to, Peachey relied on broken down play, very disorganised and to no plan, with Simmons at FB, Im sure they are trying to implement more structured plays.

*Can we be sure Dykes is wif us in 06? From what Ive been led to belive, our club doesnt want him due to some reason, and as a result Dykes has become POed and would prity much leave at any offer. Fortunately that ofer hasnt come yet, but who knows! As for Dykes at hooker, he would suit that role, but we do have alot of contenders who are far more qualified for that position, namely Kingston and Latu, and outsides like Bird. Dykes completed our backline and Vagana to 5/8 really is only a bandade solution.

*Lastly on Pomeroy, who knows about him ,hes supposedly a good player, but I have never seen him, and hes been out for a while with some illness - fingers crossed though. As for Torrens, he did have his mometns with the dragons, but hes a utility, and as they say, jack of all trade, master of none.
- We've got excellent back row depth. Too many for our own good. Get rid of Bails till they chuck him in at the Engadine Dragons and he realises that he has to pass.

- Brown. I agree he's not up to face 1st grade at 18, but we're talking ahead of David Simmons here.

-Simmons is a fuckjob.

-Dykes is still 50/50. Who knows. It all because of Sharks management. Inside information on LU says hes got no problems with the style of play or any other player.

-Pomeroys iffy. We need an established centre for next year. Hopefully we'll buy someone in that time. Or move Bailey as centre to Covells wing, no loss there. Scott will get a go, but who'll be the other centre....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)