NRL: Greg Inglis Charged with Assault (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Representative rugby league star Greg Inglis has been charged over the alleged assault of his girlfriend.

The 22-year-old Melbourne, Queensland and Kangaroos player was arrested by Victorian police at midday today over a domestic incident that occured in the early hours of Sunday morning.
This is extremely disappointing to here, not just for the fact that i'm a huge Storm fan, but because of what a talent he is to the game and the further damage this will do to the NRL.

I can't see anything good coming for him, as the Storm's CEO was quick to stress that the behaviour wont be tolerated etc etc. This hasn't been one of NRL's best seasons.

Assuming this is alcohol related, does the NRL and it's clubs have any real hope in reining in issues stemming from alcohol? This would be a massive loss. Thoughts?

Inglis brings more shame to NRL - NRL - Fox Sports
ABC Sport - Greg Inglis charged with assault

Last edited:

yer8899

HSC
Inglis was made the face of the game's revamped $1.5 million advertising campaign in March after the NRL dropped the commercial featuring Brett Stewart because the Manly fullback was charged with sexual assualt.
ahahahahahaha fuck

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
he'll be back in no time.

and this is why the nrl is nose-diving into oblivion, because they've failed to eradicate guys like this.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
he'll be back in no time.

and this is why the nrl is nose-diving into oblivion, because they've failed to eradicate guys like this.
He'll be back?

I doubt it. They're trying to improve the image of Rugby League, in a year of
- Gang bang allegations ruining the career of an ex rugby player
- Greg Bird glassing his wench
- Inglis smacking up his bitch
- Tim Smith being a drunken fag
- Etcetera

anom1ly

HSC
I say we create a new NRL, where the girlfriends get to fight back. We'll give them high powered rifles, armed with rubber bullets. Depending on how their boyfriend has treated them through the week, they can decide on how many times they want to shoot him throughout the game, and more importantly, where they want to shoot him. It would be like mixing counter-strike with football, except this is fun for the whole family.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Personally I think if you get involved with a footballer, you probably deserve the occasional slap anyway.

Roy9

HSC
Hahaha, holy shit, how embarassing that the two players featuring in that NRL ad have fucked up big time

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I say we create a new NRL, where the girlfriends get to fight back. We'll give them high powered rifles, armed with rubber bullets. Depending on how their boyfriend has treated them through the week, they can decide on how many times they want to shoot him throughout the game, and more importantly, where they want to shoot him. It would be like mixing counter-strike with football, except this is fun for the whole family.
Yeah all laughs aside, it's a tad perplexing to see him nominated for the "NRL Good Guy of the Week" or something to that effect, in recognition of his efforts he made to go out to where he grew up as a kid and work with the youth and provide a role model for them...

...then within the space of 2 weeks has a snap and thinks he's Ali.

Then again, I probably shouldn't judge him because the full facts of the case aren't out yet. But it doesn't look good. Will be very interesting to see how the club handle it, as he's one of the best talents in Rugby League in the world and he's also signed onto the Storm until 2012.

If Melbourne lose Inglis, I have doubts that they'd make it past the first week of the finals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)