Notches on their bedpost (1 Viewer)

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I don't see why people are implying that it's problematic that somebody is a virgin at the age of 21 or...21 PLUS *thunder bolt*
Like, who cares?
'omgz der inexperience'
OH NO, A PERSON WHO CHOOSES NOT TO HAVE SEX, THAT'S JUST...LUDICROUS!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I don't see why people are implying that it's problematic that somebody is a virgin at the age of 21 or...21 PLUS *thunder bolt*
Like, who cares?
'omgz der inexperience'
Neither of those points were made.

What I've found is that people in their twenties who are virgins have decided to wait for a specific reason. Sure that's a bit of a generalisation, like most of the stuff posted in L&R, but once people hit their early twenties there have normally been a number of situations in which they could've lost their virginity. That's basically all that's been discussed.

And like I said, experience really doesn't matter that much.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Like, who cares?
'omgz der inexperience'
Agree with Sarah.

We're not making value judgements about people sho are virgins but instead are making the point that they are choosing to be virgins.

There are so many opportunities to have sex that as age increases the likelihood of being a virgin goes down very rapidly. There is usually a reason that people turn down these opportunities, and that reason is usually moral or religious in nature.

There is nothing wrong with that however I enjoy having sex and think it is an important part of a relationship - therefore I would not date someone who did not agree with me on this issue - ergo I would not normally date a virgin.

PS: some people may be virgins because of their appearance and I wouldn't date/sleep with them because of their appearance not because of their virginity.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Agree with Sarah.

We're not making value judgements about people sho are virgins but instead are making the point that they are choosing to be virgins.

There are so many opportunities to have sex that as age increases the likelihood of being a virgin goes down very rapidly. There is usually a reason that people turn down these opportunities, and that reason is usually moral or religious in nature.

There is nothing wrong with that however I enjoy having sex and think it is an important part of a relationship - therefore I would not date someone who did not agree with me on this issue - ergo I would not normally date a virgin.

PS: some people may be virgins because of their appearance and I wouldn't date/sleep with them because of their appearance not because of their virginity.
I, too, agree with Sarah.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Agree with Sarah.

The best line in this thread.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I don't think I'd be able to become seriously interested in someone who sleeps around a lot in the first place. In my experience, those sorts of people need more sexual freedom and permission to sleep with lots of people so would be more likely to cheat. Just not what I want, really.

I am happy that in my relationship we have slept with about the same number of people before each other, so there's not really any issue about that.

Anyway, if the sex is good enough I don't see why past partners should matter. Like, I actually really don't care because I know I am the best anyway, and vice versa.

ay0_x

HSC
all interesting points people. Except williamc. You never cease to amuse.

Number of partners doesn't bother me. And casual/relationship status also doesn't bother me. It's not really something I have any interest in discussing with a partner. If relationships and unprotected sex were on the cards then an std test would be on the cards as well, beyond that I don't care.

Basically agree with Sarah that I find it strange that people my age (23+) are virgins and that if they are there is usually a religious/moral/etc reason which wouldn't mesh well with me. There could be exceptions but I don't think there would be many at all.

Ay0 don't really understand your limit of three over a lifetime.... it is really very very low...
afaik the average in Australia is around 16 partners... To place this in perspective you've already used one, allow for a drunken mistake at uni and now you're left with marrying your next serious boyfriend (or becoming celibate)....
I'm actually celibate now (haven't had sex since April and am informing anyone who is interested that I don't plan to). I feel pretty fucking internally conflicted saying "I'm celibate" because I'm atheist but at this point in time & at this point in my life it's a wise decision for me.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
I'm actually celibate now (haven't had sex since April and am informing anyone who is interested that I don't plan to). I feel pretty fucking internally conflicted saying "I'm celibate" because I'm atheist but at this point in time & at this point in my life it's a wise decision for me.
carve me up on your bedpost etc etc etc...

or something something.:uhoh:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
A part of Shane just died.

Regardless of whether celibacy is the right choice for you now it seems strange that you would predict it being right for you in the future and only envisage 2 more sexual partners....

Celibate for a couple of years... meet some guy at uni get in a serious long-term sexual relationship... it doesn't work out... meet some new guy and live happily ever after... just doesn't seem to leave much margin for error.

For example (ignoring 20/20 hindsight) I could say that I've been in love, and in serious relationships, with three of my ex-girlfriends but obviously none of those have worked out. Indeed it seems to take most people more than a couple of goes to work out who is right for them...

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
all interesting points people. Except williamc. You never cease to amuse.

erm, you do know that being an atheist and being sexually active/promiscuous/overtly sexual are not synonymous with one another, right?

it's actually pretty insulting to make that kind of a suggestion. it's the sort of bullshit a fundie would think.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
When does the # of notches in a person's bed post start to bother you? When it reaches 1? 5? 10? 50? When does it become a dealbreaker when looking for a serious relationship? And why?

Does the ratio of relationship sex: casual sex play a role in influencing such a decision for you?

I can understand that it's age-relative but at this point in my life I'm bothered by anything > 5 assuming they're around the same age as me. The reasons it bothers me are numerous, ranging from intimidation, the fact that I'm against casual sex altogether, and the fact that it shows our sexual appetites are probably not in sync.

Ratio of casual sex: relationship sex... kind of needs to be around 1:3 otherwise I'm phased by it.

(For references my # stands at 1 and I plan to not exceed 3. Like. Ever)
I've got double standards, i probably wouldnt date a girl who's slept with as many people as I have.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
i wouldnt go out with a girl that hasnt slept with at least 10 guys in the last 12 months

displays immaturity/frigetness and/or inability to pick up ie. she isn't a catch
Of all the retarded things you've said in relation to women, this takes it to a whole new level.
The girls you fuck must be so lacking.

XPac2

HSC
erm, you do know that being an atheist and being sexually active/promiscuous/overtly sexual are not synonymous with one another, right?

it's actually pretty insulting to make that kind of a suggestion. it's the sort of bullshit a fundie would think.
umm... i think she meant catholicism and celibacy being closely related...

ay0_x

HSC

Lol do you insist on being argumentative with every girl you come across? Did I even make the implication that it was? Merely I was pointing out that abstinence and celibacy, when they're a choice, are usually a religious choice, or to a lesser extent, a health choice [I'm fit as a fiddle]. So, not believing in God, and not believing in "no sex before marriage", and yet MAKING THE CHOICE TO NOW REMAIN CELIBATE ANYWAY, for no reason other than my own ethics, seems like a retarded thing for an atheist to say, and I can appreciate that.

To assume is to make an ass out of u and me etc etc.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
A part of Shane just died.

Regardless of whether celibacy is the right choice for you now it seems strange that you would predict it being right for you in the future and only envisage 2 more sexual partners....

Celibate for a couple of years... meet some guy at uni get in a serious long-term sexual relationship... it doesn't work out... meet some new guy and live happily ever after... just doesn't seem to leave much margin for error.

For example (ignoring 20/20 hindsight) I could say that I've been in love, and in serious relationships, with three of my ex-girlfriends but obviously none of those have worked out. Indeed it seems to take most people more than a couple of goes to work out who is right for them...
its ok she'll come around (literally)

umm... i think she meant catholicism and celibacy being closely related...
shut the fuck up you downy cunt who cant comprehend simple english and doesnt have a mother

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)