Not so great exam marks (1 Viewer)

sdn

HSC
I haven't done nearly as well as I've wanted to in the exams so far, my marks have been around mid-high 80s for my subjects (which is not too bad but at my school it is and seeing as ranks count that's all that matters).
I know I can pick up my act a bit seeing as I've not put much effort in, can my assessment 3 and trials really change my overall internal assessment marks?

FrozenSky

HSC
Yes, because trials are typically worth around 50~30%, e.g. i jumped from rank 9 to 5.

jerseyshore

HSC
be glad that things could get worse ... like pounding snookie

Aindan

HSC
lol of course your trials can change your assessment mark @_@

sdn

HSC
lol of course your trials can change your assessment mark @_@
I know, I just meant if these past exams will really affect my overall marks seeing as my ranks so far were not great

Aindan

HSC
no, you still have a huge opportunity to jump the people higher than you. The trials are when there is the biggest spread in assessment marks, allowing you to catapult to the top if you get an outstanding mark! :D

Freestyler94

HSC
wht school do you go to?
and even if your ranked shit at your school, if its a good school, your overall rank in the state is pretty good then.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
no, you still have a huge opportunity to jump the people higher than you. The trials are when there is the biggest spread in assessment marks, allowing you to catapult to the top if you get an outstanding mark! :D
This.

Take your past assessment tasks with a grain of salt, and work on bettering them. They aren't that bad marks, so don't be too harsh on yourself. Generally, the first couple of assessments tasks have less weighting (due it being the start of the HSC, and students are still getting into the swing of things), and then as the year progresses the weighting increases a tad. I know at my school, we have only been assessed on roughly 30% of the coursework for each subject, so that means there's still 70% to be determined.

It's not too late until it's over. As long as assessments are still being assessed then there's plenty of time for rankings to change. Good luck, now is the time to work your hardest! n_n

saidy7

HSC
hi-5 with the crappy start... i didnt do so good in my half-yearlies either :(
but we're not even half-way thru the year... so its still in our hands :)

work hard brother

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)