Not remembering essays (1 Viewer)

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
Is anyone else not remembering essays? Always my english experience through highschool was that " you were not answering the question" and for my last english exam I really want to not have that comment.

Thoughts?

cbaldilocks

HSC
I have not memorised essays either. I've never been able to do it. Find I work much better if I know my quotes and ideas and throw it all together when I know what the aim of my essay really is. I know people that have gone in with pre made essays and flopped because the question completely screwed them over.

If you're not going to memorise your essays for the love of god know your quotes and techniques like the back of your hand. And at least have a pretty solid thesis for each module. If you're a good writer you will be fine, if you're on the dodgy side... you may want to rethink this method. Gotta be able to still sound rehearsed when really you aren't.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
The manner in which you memorise your essays is flawed in a sense

When people say they memorise essays they memorise paragraphs in which they incorporate the question

Even though they do memorise their essays, they make them flexible so that they can adapt it to any question whether it be predicted or a curve-ball

hungry

HSC
I don't memorise essays (unless I know the essay question such as in past school assessments). Otherwise I just memorise quotes, techniques, and also make sure I know how to structure an essay, have a good understanding of the text and also what's required by the syllabus. This method has gotten me good marks so I don't see the need to spend so much time memorising essays.

HSC
What you memorise is the technique and example and the effect.

Essentially, if you pick out examples from the text which fit any type of question, then you're going to be using them for all your essays.
All you have to do is memorise the effect and ofcourse the techniques, and then exam day, you answer the question.

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
I'm not memorising any essays, it worked in trials. I just remember quotes and techniques, and do a timed practice essay every day in the weeks leading up to exams. You have to be relatively good at bullshitting on the spot though. But with practice, you can start to bullshit well. You just end up writing the same shit after a while.

astroman

HSC
I'm not memorising any essays, it worked in trials. I just remember quotes and techniques, and do a timed practice essay every day in the weeks leading up to exams. You have to be relatively good at bullshitting on the spot though. But with practice, you can start to bullshit well. You just end up writing the same shit after a while.
lel solid advice +1

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
The manner in which you memorise your essays is flawed in a sense

When people say they memorise essays they memorise paragraphs in which they incorporate the question

Even though they do memorise their essays, they make them flexible so that they can adapt it to any question whether it be predicted or a curve-ball

Yes. This I just remould my topic sentences during the exam :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)