Not happy with offer...what do i do??!! (1 Viewer)

Cedric-5813

HSC
Im not happy with my offer and i don't know what to do.
I was looking at this year's cut offs and i saw a few vacancies that i want to get into now but my UAI is like 1 - 2 marks below. Does this mean i have a chance of getting in? and if i do, then how would i get it?

and what is the second and late round offers? does this mean i reject my offer and do my perferences again and see if i can get some other offer?

[FONT=GillSans,BoldItalic]i also read this from the UAI cut offs [/FONT]
[FONT=GillSans,BoldItalic]"Do not rely on receiving a Late Round offer. If you have a Main Round offer, you are advised to accept that offer. Even if you have accepted an earlier offer, you will automatically be considered in the Late Round for higher preference courses."[/FONT]
so all i do is just to accept it first and change my perferences around if i dont like my current offer?

Sorry for all the questions and if it sounds confusing im just really worried about this whole UAC thing.:uhoh:

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
yes, just accept the current one and wait for the other rounds.

good luck

HSC
if they have vacancies and your uai isn't too much lower than you *should* get in

all you can do is accept the offer, change your preferences and hope to get a late round offer.

loser101

HSC
watatank said:
if they have vacancies and your uai isn't too much lower than you *should* get in

all you can do is accept the offer, change your preferences and hope to get a late round offer.
actually NO

you see lots of courses have vacancies but still have a nice round cut-off of 65.

that means the uni has said, we are not letting more people in despite there being candidates with uai of 64.9 or less.

where there are vacancies in the course, u can be sure that, that is the minimum uai the uni has set out..

i.e where there is demand > supply, but there are still vacancies, the uni has set an artifical minimum UAI to uphold its standards.

you maybe able to get in, though, if u write a letter and ask for some sort of bonus points. i.e apply outside of the UAC process after all the UAC process has been exhausted. i'm pretty sure if you did get a uai of like 63 and the uni cut-off is 65, if u write to them they would let you in through the "backdoor"

Last edited:

kenny.

HSC
You can't change your preferences anymore, well for VTAC you can't.

I'm not sure if you have such thing as "Irregular Offers" with the UAC but you might want to look it up.
It's where you can apply directly to the uni in a course that is not on your preference list or is lower down in the order, but you need to find out if there are any vaccancies and if the uni/course accepts these irregular offers.
*** this might not be the case with UAC

HSC
loser101 said:
actually NO

you see lots of courses have vacancies but still have a nice round cut-off of 65.

that means the uni has said, we are not letting more people in despite there being candidates with uai of 64.9 or less.

where there are vacancies in the course, u can be sure that, that is the minimum uai the uni has set out..

i.e where there is demand > supply, but there are still vacancies, the uni has set an artifical minimum UAI to uphold its standards.

you maybe able to get in, though, if u write a letter and ask for some sort of bonus points. i.e apply outside of the UAC process after all the UAC process has been exhausted. i'm pretty sure if you did get a uai of like 63 and the uni cut-off is 65, if u write to them they would let you in through the "backdoor"
it depends on the uni and course. i know students (at uow) who were well under the cutoff and i don't know which round offer they got but they got well in under the cutoff...probably because uow generally finds it harder than say usyd/unsw/uts to fill their places. if someone isn't far off from the cutoff they can always ask the uni about it and if they are desperate enough they will let you in.

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
kenny. said:
You can't change your preferences anymore, well for VTAC you can't.
You can for UAC, however. Preference changes are now open for the late and final rounds.

Cedric-5813

HSC
So do i just accept my offer but change my preferences and see if i get any other offer in the late and final round?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)