Not attending HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

Captain A

HSC
N/A
i have 11 units at the moment, and im certain that sor1 will not count. do i still need to attend the hsc exam? what will happen if i skip it?

ay0_x

HSC
Nothing?

or you could just attend it and leave after an hour
just an hour

Currlz

HSC
I can't see why you wouldn't just go do the exam, its not that big a deal. Who knows you might go well.

Captain A

HSC
N/A
I can't see why you wouldn't just go do the exam, its not that big a deal. Who knows you might go well.
unless i get 150% in my exam, it will not count.

But i will attend 10units worth of exams including english. will i still receive my hsc if i dont attend my 11th unit - religion? what will appear on my hsc report?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

But i will attend 10units worth of exams including english. will i still receive my hsc if i dont attend my 11th unit - religion? what will appear on my hsc report?
You will get 0 on your exam mark and you will drag down on those who are ranked lower than you.

zeleboy

HSC

i've a feeling they'll try and contact you or something and get an explanation.

jessica.anne

HSC
N/A
I know someone who did this for Ancient History and he didn't get his HSC certificate.

BUT, may have been that he only had 10units - not sure there.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
What happens if a student does not make an attempt at an HSC exam?

Students who do not attempt any questions in the examination do not receive a result in that course.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Mate I am in exactly the same boat, compulsory SOR1 at my school, I'm just gonna spend only 1 hours studying right before it, rock up and get it done with. I think my school has just changed the rules and wont let us leave early too.
it's not your school that makes up the rules about leaving early. it's hsc. everyone has to stay until the end.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
last year i thought it was you can leave in the first hour or the last half hour (for three hour exams)

:confused:
you can't leave at all because of privacy issues. if you have a legitimate reason for being late, and i mean something that was excessively out of your control, you can go into another room and do the exam if you get to school before the end of the actual exam, that way, no one at all across the state has been let out of the exam, and there's no way you could have found out what was in the exam.

also, you disrupt everyone else if you get up and leave.

jet

Banned
HSC
From what I've been told, you are allowed to leave.

The catch is that the Board of Studies dictates that you must also follow school rules. Thus, if the principal says you cannot leave, you cannot leave.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
it's not your school that makes up the rules about leaving early. it's hsc. everyone has to stay until the end.
At my school you're allowed to leave after the first hour, but not within the last 15 minutes. The principal has also repeatedly made it a point to tell us he doesn't want us to leave, and has even asked the supervisors to make this point clear.

The supervisors have said it's not up to him - althought it's probably not advisable to - but we are allowed to leave if we like.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
hmm, that's what we were told at school but i just looked up the examination procedures and it seems that you are allowed to leave, and potentially come back.

that is the stupidest thing ever.

superralex

Sheriosusly BHS09.
HSC
At my school you're allowed to leave after the first hour, but not within the last 15 minutes. The principal has also repeatedly made it a point to tell us he doesn't want us to leave, and has even asked the supervisors to make this point clear.

The supervisors have said it's not up to him - althought it's probably not advisable to - but we are allowed to leave if we like.
Yeah this is the case for my school as well. The supervisors informed us of this. If you decide to walk out on your own, you can't come back. A fair few people from my grade left during the business and AOS paper.

Captain A

HSC
N/A
ahh screw it. il go do the exam.
got one hour to study the whole course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)