Norton antivirus 2005 help.. (1 Viewer)

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
Well, I installed NAV 2005, and I got this message. Even before, i had to message everytime i had opened microsoft office products. I see im getting this error again. My message. How can i fix this problem up? is there a way to disable it because its pissing me off. Here is the link to show a picture of my error http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8373/untitled7xw.jpg. Thank you in advance.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Have you tried uninstalling Norton AV then reinstalling see if that fixes the problem. Rather strange although I don't use Norton's and as a result don't have much experience with its problems, wait for another IT techie to post their words of wisdom.

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
I think i know what the problem is. When i go to start, programs, i renamed the 'norton antivirus 2005' to simply nav 2005. COuld this be the problem? thanks

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
That shouldn't have any effect whatsoever on Norton. Unless Norton does something like launches itself through the Start Menu, which I doubt.

I_F

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
That shouldn't have any effect whatsoever on Norton. Unless Norton does something like launches itself through the Start Menu, which I doubt.

I_F
You sure? If you have nav 2005, try renaming it and then rebooting..

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I don't have NAV. But you can try renaming it back and see if it works. :)

I_F

sunny

meh.
HSC
My suggestion would be: return the product.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say uninstall and reinstall... Norton has a habit of doing weird things during installs- even the legit copies.

*reads link*

Symantec said:
If you changed the default location for the Norton AntiVirus shortcuts in the Windows Start Menu, then go to the Technical Information section. Follow the steps in the section "Restore the Windows Start menu entry for Norton AntiVirus."
LOL- it's actually a recognised problem!

sunny

meh.
HSC
I remember the days when you wanted to uninstall Norton you'd get the message "You do not need to uninstall Norton right now".

......now they don't even let you change shortcut names.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao, I'd recommend staying away from Norton personal products, unless they're corporate versions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)