NO Motivation!!!!! (1 Viewer)

xoxo

HSC
hey guys,

im in yr 11 and we get all this stuff from our teachers shoved in our faces everyday about how we should be studying every night etc etc...

but, i just dont seem to have the time [more like time management skills] and DEFINITELY not the motivation

does anyone have any ideas or tips to help motivate me and manage my time better?

any help would be appreciated

thanku

xoxo

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
<sarcasm>whoa hi i love you youre so cool ! </sarcasm>

Well lack of motivation is very common is a problem to all students.

When my parents arent home I hook up the cable modem to my computer and go on the net. When they arrive, I immediately disconnect the modem, and jump to my table and begin doing my homework.

Thats my motivation ...

kateIam

HSC
Hi,
Well i'm usually pretty motivated and try to get my stuff done and still mostly do whatever else i want. I try to just do little bits, like 15 mins worth of english before i have a shower or go out. It's makes such a difference when you actually do force yourself to sit down properly and do some hard core work, you find there is half as much to do. Also organise yourself...even if you just have a calender that you write when stuff is due and when exams are, it puts things into perspective alot.
Speaking of perspective thats another thing that really helps with motivation. Realise that in reality alot of the time it would be so much easier to just DO it than to stress about not wanting to. And that if you DONT do it theres going to be even more sress than there is now!
Just accept that you're going to school to learn and study and if you're not prepared to put in the effort for a lousy year and a half more, then find something else thats going to get you somewhere in the end. Theres no point half doing the HSC, you get a good mark or it's going to get you nowhere.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
f3nr15 said:
<sarcasm>whoa hi i love you youre so cool ! </sarcasm>

Well lack of motivation is very common is a problem to all students.

When my parents arent home I hook up the cable modem to my computer and go on the net. When they arrive, I immediately disconnect the modem, and jump to my table and begin doing my homework.

Thats my motivation ...
lol. sounds just like me .. minus the whole jumping onto computer when they're not home ...

get someone to prod you when you fall asleep or something. let year 11 be the year to master time management skills. yr 12 comes the year of motivation! .. especially when there are assignments / exams nearby!! :)

writing in big fonts doesn't help either!! :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
click here

click here

The above links might have some useful information but try to remember you are only in preliminary and you should use this time to learn how to manage your time so it comes second nature in the HSC when there is no time for this...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I know how you feel^ i had a motivation problem till last week, till i asked for help from yr 12's and my year advisor, just talk to one of your teachers im sure they can help.

sleepplease

HSC
i feel crap :( i cant be stuffed to do anythign, was working really really really hard then screwed up majorly in english and stuffed up a maths test :(
ha im being such an emo on bos today.. sorry .. just feel shit :(

mmc754

HSC
He he he he dont worry about it, firstly you're in yr 11 meaning its only the prelims... for you're HSC ... weellll I was having the same problem only a couple of .. weeks ago.. its only this week I have gotton back into it!

My advice its just stick you're head down and try you're hardest to do all the study and homework you can ... if you cant...(which i dont advice, with the hole being behind thing) thats O.K You will get you're motivation back eventually!

my teachers say just try & do at least 5-10 mins a night and everything will build up :) I myself... dont do this, but i'am a bad student... I do advice it tho.. it works for everyone else

mmc754

HSC
He he he he dont worry about it, firstly you're in yr 11 meaning its only the prelims... for you're HSC ... weellll I was having the same problem only a couple of .. weeks ago.. its only this week I have gotton back into it!

My advice its just stick you're head down and try you're hardest to do all the study and homework you can ... if you cant...(which i dont advice, with the hole being behind thing) thats O.K You will get you're motivation back eventually!

my teachers say just try & do at least 5-10 mins a night and everything will build up :) I myself... dont do this, but i'am a bad student... I do advice it tho.. it works for everyone else

Also to the person that said no partying or raging or being a teenager basically.. not true, u gotta have some fun! others wise u will loose you're motivation even more...

jiant

HSC
yer i agree..>_<! :worried: we dont have half yearlies..so we get heaps of assignments dat count alot...at the same time.:headbang: yr 11 is harder than u would fink it is...

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
jiant said:
we dont have half yearlies..so we get heaps of assignments dat count alot...at the same time
Same here. In fact, I have had due this week a legal studies speech, physics poster and english essay due on Monday, Thursday and Friday respectively. I know a kid that has 6 assignments due for this week and the next.

xoxo

HSC
yeh i dont have half yearlies either ... which is good in a way, yet bad in another.
these past four weeks have been total stress as i have had assignment after assignment due....and i always leave them to the last day! i cant help it tho...i know i shouldnt...but i just do...

i work better under stress....and for some reason i always end up producing good results,....but i dont wanna b like this...staying up until all hours of the morning the day its due

lol

but thanx for all the great tips guys
i will definitely work with them

thanx heaps
xoxo

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
xoxo said:
yeh i dont have half yearlies either ... which is good in a way, yet bad in another.
these past four weeks have been total stress as i have had assignment after assignment due....and i always leave them to the last day! i cant help it tho...i know i shouldnt...but i just do...

i work better under stress....and for some reason i always end up producing good results,....but i dont wanna b like this...staying up until all hours of the morning the day its due

lol

but thanx for all the great tips guys
i will definitely work with them

thanx heaps
xoxo
Same here, I work very well under pressure, and my sleeping patterns have changed to suit my habitual cramming. I know I have to change it, but at the moment that isn't going to happen.

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
i just finished my half yearlies.. and the schedule of my exams actually finished quite early with 4 days offf.. and because of those 4 days.. ive gone into holiday mode ! and its not good..
i have to force myself to work again..

HSC
kb1509 said:
i just finished my half yearlies.. and the schedule of my exams actually finished quite early with 4 days offf.. and because of those 4 days.. ive gone into holiday mode ! and its not good..
i have to force myself to work again..
4 days off? :confused:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I get 5 days off plus 2 days this sat and sunday to bludge w00t 1 whole week off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)