No Clubs? No Sport? No Nothing? WTH!! (1 Viewer)

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
^ k cya :p

Agreed with the shit cafeteria though, I eat off campus. But all uni's will rape you with exuberant food prices though. I'm yet to hear of a uni with "cheap" food which is good - depends what you consider "cheap" and "good" as well.

But you are wrong on one point. There ARE clubs at Kingswood, they're just not appealing to a lot of the student demographic so you have obviously disregarded them. Take for example the Japanese Anime club or the Christian or Muslim groups; hell, even the student association runs uni cruises and stuff. There's also a new Oxfam @ UWS group, run by Dr James Arvanitakis. But do I (and most other students) want to attend any clubs when we have work to do? Certainly not.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
who goes to uni to play fucking sport? i dead uni. i go to class--- eat----go fucking home.

wth? SPORT?
Wth? Anti-social human who is most likely overweight.

I've learnt my lesson from buying from the cafe. I bought like a small tiny chicken wrap and a drink, was over $10. Fail. I'd rather go to McDonalds for $5 and push myself to an early death of diabetes and organ problems. So ridiculous.

And besides Unigames, not a lot. And I'm studying Sport Management, wheres ze arction!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hey Ambermorn, how did you hear about these groups?
Want groups on Campbelltown campus but I've heard nothing =[

lilredelmo

HSC
:)Looking forward to unigames:)

Penrith people should join Kingswood Bowling Club (right near uni)..CHEAP meals there!...and refreshments. A great outdoor area to chill and do uni work too!

My course is VERY social,had a few great nights out and most of the course are getting on awesome:)

lilredelmo

HSC
OOHH
and a great way to meet people is to go to the gym...good equipment,friendly staff and quite social.

The Cottage at Werrington is great too. Pool Table,music,lounges,food and always friendly faces there.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
K here is a list of current clubs. If you want a club, why not start one? just shoot UWSConnect an email.
Clubs & Student Groups @ UWS

And there's a few events coming up, if you look at flyers around uni & the uwsconnect website.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Hey Ambermorn, how did you hear about these groups?
Want groups on Campbelltown campus but I've heard nothing =[
Mainly because of flyers around the campus and that, and James is my lecturer so of course he's been spruiking his group :p. I'm not sure what's at Campbelltown but I'm sure there'd be stuff happening.

Has anyone received the "New Student Organisation" email at the beginning of semester? It sounds somewhat encouraging...

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
OOHH
and a great way to meet people is to go to the gym...good equipment,friendly staff and quite social.

The Cottage at Werrington is great too. Pool Table,music,lounges,food and always friendly faces there.
I'm thinking of joining the gym...Uni bar at Kingswood is really nice too since the reno's.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah I hope the NSO actually works out.
Do want moar.. clubs and societies who have stuff organised.

abigailvoraxis

Kinetically Enthused
HSC
Lab Rats (Parra?)
is probably the closest thing to a society...

WHere's the re-enactment group???
I WANT TO HIT PEOPLE WITH SWORDS!!!

NotOneLess

HSC
Theres also the Forensic's Club, if they still exist. Just create a Treasure Hunt, clues can be left around campus and the prize can be a Approved Transfer notice to another uni. But seriously, I wouldnt mind going for a mini treasure hunt even if the clues are made by other students.

Last edited:

mr_robato

HSC
Top stuff Phloui.

Am hoeing to get into UWS next year. Would love to organize some cricket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)