Nick De Roos and Murry Smith - conspiracy theory? (1 Viewer)

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Lack of attendance in lectures?

Excessive talking?

Excessive sleeping on tables?

Early departures?

Is this the revenge of the lecturers?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the only problem with de roos is that he's boring right?

murray smith is a nasty case from what i hear at uni and around these boards :p haha

stazi

Nightman
HSC
my tutor had murray smith for a double-lecture twice a week. Apparently he got very suicidal. Tried to commit ritual bukkake. Or sepaku. Either one.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
economics war3, revenge of the lecturers
ok taht was lame...

u poor stream 1/2 pplz go to dennis's lecture instead...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we're way ahead? whoa, cos Nina's lectures are waaaaaay ahead of us. Hmm seems like de roos lags aaaaaaand is boring as hell lol

Lainee

HSC
I don't think Nick's a bad lecturer at all. So he needs to lighten up a little bit at times, but he covers each topic very well and his notes are very comprehensive. He's got good structure to his lectures and he goes over examples very carefully (albeit somewhat slowly).

kow_dude

HSC
The problem with Nicholas is that his speech is repetitive, "when this happens, this increases/deceases", "this shifts to the left/right".... he could at least use examples from the real world and blend them into the theory. At least that way we can see the use of economics. Nevertheless, his lecture notes are good.

Lainee

HSC
Well, I guess his method of teaching is really theory based but that's how I expect lectures to be. As opposed to my acct lectures atm... too much interaction in lectures and doing practical examples...! I just want to sit and listen and absorb. :p

sarevok

HSC
Nick De Roos isn't incompetent, but he is horribly boring. He just remains behind the podium and reads off his lecture notes in the same monotone voice. He makes no attempt to engage any interest in the subject matter. You probably just have a better attention span than me; I tend to tune out during his lectures after about fifteen minutes.

Lainee

HSC
sarevok said:
Nick De Roos isn't incompetent, but he is horribly boring. He just remains behind the podium and reads off his lecture notes in the same monotone voice. He makes no attempt to engage any interest in the subject matter. You probably just have a better attention span than me; I tend to tune out during his lectures after about fifteen minutes.
Nyah, I'm loving micro so much at the moment just because it's the only subject that allows you so much freedom in your learning - no compulsory workshops, all the slide notes up in advance and well set out, and ESPECIALLY Nick doing his own stuff at the front, being very professional and not demanding you to do anything but sit and listen. :uhhuh:

*Pins her "Nick Appreciation" badge on.* :)

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
You.....love micro?

You're serious?

Lainee

HSC
It was tied with Law as my fav subject before today, but since getting my law assignment back, law has stepped back one place. :p

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
For those of you who are yet to venture to the website as listed on the mirco textbook (or is it the cd?), all the lecture notes are there. How can you give him credibility for posting? Perhaps we should invite him here.

Yes I agree the notes are good, but they aren't his.

The tutorials is where it all happens - those things are gold Jerry. Furthermore the use of his mouse to demonstrate those graphs are ineffective - you cannot teach the shift in 5 graphs over a 30 minute period. His jokes are about as dry as the sandwiches they serve up over at Wentworth and the clock goes slower that Murray Smith on a Monday morning.

Which brings me to part two:
- Should the lecture notes not be up in time for next week's lectures, can we organise people to interrupt all three lectures across all three days (so that would be a total of 9 times - not rejecting the null hypothesis ;)) and ask him where they are?

jpr333

HSC
Haha agree, my solution is not to go to ecmt or micro lectures ful stop. Seriously they are a waste of time.

Rorix

HSC
MDS will not be uploading lecture notes for at least this week to punish everyone for talking during his lectures.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Lainee said:
Nyah, I'm loving micro so much at the moment just because it's the only subject that allows you so much freedom in your learning - no compulsory workshops, all the slide notes up in advance and well set out, and ESPECIALLY Nick doing his own stuff at the front, being very professional and not demanding you to do anything but sit and listen. :uhhuh:

*Pins her "Nick Appreciation" badge on.* :)
You do realise you must be the only member of the "de roos appreciation" club on the WHOLE campus :p hahahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)