Ngyuen's Execution (1 Viewer)

Glenn198718

honestly people do you think this is fair that someone who has made a mistake deserves to die. I dont think so. I say send back to australia and give him time in jail here not kill him. wish people would not be so harsh on things like this

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Glenn198718 said:
honestly people do you think this is fair that someone who has made a mistake deserves to die. I dont think so. I say send back to australia and give him time in jail here not kill him. wish people would not be so harsh on things like this
I think it's fairer that he get death than what he would get in Australia, which would probably be about 5 years but he'd be out after a couple. What he would get in Australia is not enough.

But it doesn't matter anyway because he was busted in Singapore. Australia can't just take him back.

Do you think it's fair that anyone deserves to die because of a mistake? Because people do all the time. But only when it is an Australian does anyone take any notice.

Once this is all over I expect everyone who is saying this guy shouldn't die to complain about every single death penalty everywhere in the world. When they don't they are just proving what I already know, that they are morons.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm very happy that this idiot is finally getting killed tomorrow. I am so sick of the media coverage every day. No one gives a shit until there is an Australian involved and then all of a sudden people start to care.

You ask people why they care and they say 'because it is a human life'. If that is the case then why don't we hear about people getting the death penalty every time it happens? Maybe it is because it's not an Australian human life.

He knew what would happened to him if he got caught and he still did it and deserves to be punished for it.

I do think the deathy penalty for drug trafficking is a bit harsh but it is none of my business what they do in Singapore.

The truth is though the laws in Australia are way too soft. I am much happier this guy got caught over there and is now getting the death penalty than I would be if he got caught over here and got a couple years.
i agree with this...i don't like the death penalty, but seriously, the media is fucked, he's only one person, if you look at it, the drugs he had couldve killed many people, and not only that, thousands of people die in places like afghanistan and iraq and africa etc, every day, but nobody gives a damn and contributes anything to that, but when it's one guy that people are about to hang over a CRIME everyone goes all gloomy. this society is doomed.

Glenn198718

well i just think its a little harsh thats all. Say if you did what he did or anyone did and you got the death penalty how would you feel about the same that most people would im just saying that for what he did it shouldnt have been such a harsh sentence

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Glenn198718 said:
well i just think its a little harsh thats all. Say if you did what he did or anyone did and you got the death penalty how would you feel about the same that most people would im just saying that for what he did it shouldnt have been such a harsh sentence
I'd be really pissed off if I was getting the death penalty but I would only have myself to blame just like he does.

Other people in Australia wouldn't get such a harsh sentence but other people in Singapore and other places around the world would.

Generator

HSC
N/A
sparkl3z said:
this society is doomed.
This society is doomed because a number of people aren't in favour of the death penalty and are prepared to publicly express their thoughts? Right.

ps, to concentrate on one issue isn't to say that another is being ignored.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
This society is doomed because a number of people aren't in favour of the death penalty and are prepared to publicly express their thoughts? Right.

ps, to concentrate on one issue isn't to say that another is being ignored.
look, the main thing i'm pointing out to is, did he do something good? no, did he win the national triathalon? no, did he commit a cime? yes, is he going to die? yes, i'm not saying it's the best thing to do by killing him, i'm just saying that people are making a big deal, because the government has set it's mind, and nobody can change the mind of a whole country, the thing to note is he did commit a crime, and people die everyday without commiting a crime, but who cares about them??

Generator

HSC
N/A
Bloody hell, please don't try and tell me that he did commit a crime because as I have said 34565653576543765436 times, those arguing against the death penalty are well aware of that!

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ah, because I and many others consider such penalties (in this instance, the mandatory nature of the penalty in particular) to be inappropriate, perhaps?

2 Dea

HSC
Generator said:
Ah, because I and many others consider such penalties (in this instance, the mandatory nature of the penalty in particular) to be inappropriate, perhaps?
Well, theres not really that much that anyone can do about it except for those in power who have the opportunity to pressure the Singaporean government into changing their laws. But if the death penalty is what the Singaporean people deem necessary then there is no chance that the policy will change until the people's view on the death penalty is changed.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Well, theres not really that much that anyone can do about it except for those in power who have the opportunity to pressure the Singaporean government into changing their laws.
Point being?

As far as I'm concerned, you're a fool if you are of the opinion that the status quo should be challenged yet you stay quiet because you are of the opinion that your thoughts count for nought. Does it really matter if your thoughts are discarded? At least you are making a public statement, and the value of such statements are not to be dismissed, whether they are successful or not.

2 Dea

HSC
Actually, I'm for the death penalty in this matter, not to rain on your parade though. Carry on, this is a good legitimate debate.

Generator

HSC
N/A
It was more of a general statement, so don't worry, you weren't raining on my parade.

lawforever

HSC
Generator said:
well once again you think aus laws are above than others and aus sense of value are better than others.

why can't someone at BOS think problem objectively ?

lawforever

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
What's the difference bettween the death penalty and life imprisonment?
death penalty is more scary and hence considered as punishment for more severer crimes than life sentence.

Some life-sentenced prisoners might get released after 10-20 years.

That is why death sentence is viewed as ultimate punishment against criminals.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Damage Inc. said:
What's the difference bettween the death penalty and life imprisonment?
Well, the death of a person, for one. It's also the ultimate penalty, and in that it's not open to review (obviously) and it assumes that the system is infallible.

Master Yoda said:
fuck off you little shit

i always speak my mind no matter how controversial, and whether it's on the internet or in real life

who said i am staying quiet because im of the belief that my opinion counts for nought?

my belief is that he should be hanged, as unfortunate 4 him as that is, he was caught in singapore and im just enough not to try and shit all over singapore's laws and values as you're doing now.

they're their laws.

they're there for a reason. to encourage people not to traffic drugs to singapore, as the penatly is severe - death.

this is what you get for trafficing drugs thru singapore.

i feel extremely sorry 4 he and his family and everyone involved as i said before........but he broke singaporean law and was caught in singapore so i really dont have time 4 people like you whinging about it and not respecting the laws and values of other countries, whether you like it and agree with it or not, you should respect it
Well, I'm sorry for thinking that there's a limit to cultural relativism, matty.

lawforever said:
well once again you think aus laws are above than others and aus sense of value are better than others.

why can't someone at BOS think problem objectively ?
Is there a problem in thinking that western/Australian notions of justice (though not perfect) are 'better' than those of a more authoritarian nature? I don't think so, but that's just me.

Is there a problem in being of the opinion that the death penalty is not an appropriate sentence, no matter the circumstances? No, there isn't.

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I'll be thinking about him tomorrow

I hope his family find peace

Nobody should have to suffer.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
It's going to be interesting to see whether Australia will be angry if the bali 9 get the death penality.

How will Australia act if Indonesia puts to death more than one white young Australian?

Andrew Bolt made a point of this on the insiders.

Master Yoda said:
but he broke singaporean law and was caught in singapore so i really dont have time 4 people like you whinging about it and not respecting the laws and values of other countries, whether you like it and agree with it or not, you should respect it
Do you have the same position when it comes to the Bali 9 who will also be facing the death penality. It is already known that the prosecution wants ALL OF THEM to be executed and from what I know there is a good chance some of them will be executed.

Do you really think the death penalty should be applied to a 18 year old boy?

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/06/30/430balininemugs.jpg

The Bali Nine ... from top to bottom rows, left to right: Matthew Norman, 18, Renae Lawrence, 27, Myuran Sukumaran, 24, Andrew Chan, 21, Scott Rush, 19, Tach Duc Thanh Nguyen, 27, Martin Stephens, 29, Michael Czugaj, 19 and Si Yi Chen, 20.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)