next semester tutorial registration (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
just as you think things are going ok, you find out that your timetable times are stuffed and its another multi-campus class semester again even though you've planned the times ahead and enrolled into the units...
im feeling a bit teary now...boo hoo hoo

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey for tutorial and lecture registrations, do you go to the uni to do them or are they done on the net? and who can help for any questions about the registrations and timetables? thanks..

klh

HSC
on the net:
you need to log onto pweb, its a uws website that lets you log into uws to register:
herhe http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/signin.asp

registration info: http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg
scroll down and youll see when to register, or call the hotline.

you need to know your units school so you know when to register. e.g. management units such as management foundations is on the 18 july @ 10 am, so thats when you log into pweb and go to register.

most uws students can help you, as long as they have experience or uws staff. i say that most students will know (except 1sem1yr students) co ztheyll hav eto deal with it for registrations and have vented on this site...i think thats most of us? lol

klh

HSC
oops!
but you may also have other units form other schools so dont assume that since your degree is management, you register only on that day!
you may have accounting or marketing etc. so look on those right dates!!

to log into pweb, you first need to register your student account via myuwsaccount here: https://myuwsaccount.uws.edu.au/

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't get to click buttons :( I found out I have no tutorial rego.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea i have a unit called "Marketing and International Business", im guessin i have to register for my Management ones and that one also..? am i right?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey also, it says on all of them "Student must register and attend 1 LECTURE and 1 TUTORIAL." except for the unit "Marketing and International Business"..so for all units bar that one do i register for one lecture and 1 tutorial only..

Jacks

HSC
yes that's what you have to do...most subjects will have a lecture and a tutorial, where the lecture group is broken up into smaller groups to discuss lectures etc. You have to register for the lecture and choose a convenient tutorial time out of those listed. Some subjects will be workshops or a combined lecture and tutorial, where you will only have to register and attend once. Just have a look at your subjects, if it doesn't tell you to register for a lecture and tute chances are the two are combined, if it asks you to then you have to select the lecture available and one of the tutorial options as well.

L

LaraB

just a thought guys - if you saw the stuff from the board of trustess meeting some schools now have different names slightly...

eg marketing and international business is now just marketing, arts n education n something else are now just 'arts'...

so if you see a name of a school that doens't look familiar that's why:)

L

LaraB

Jacks said:
yes that's what you have to do...most subjects will have a lecture and a tutorial, where the lecture group is broken up into smaller groups to discuss lectures etc. You have to register for the lecture and choose a convenient tutorial time out of those listed. Some subjects will be workshops or a combined lecture and tutorial, where you will only have to register and attend once. Just have a look at your subjects, if it doesn't tell you to register for a lecture and tute chances are the two are combined, if it asks you to then you have to select the lecture available and one of the tutorial options as well.
yeah - just read the instructions on pweb..

half mine are lecture/tute an dother half are seminars (which is what i'm guessin jaacks meant by the combined lecture n tute?) but yeah - it tells you what to pick from where so don't stress:) just go on the site and have a look prior to the day you have to do it all properly so you're familiar with what you gotta do

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB - lecture / tut thingos are where the tutorial time is combined into the lecture time. Some weeks the lecturer may feel like having a tutorial, other weeks it might just be a stright lecture. Depends on what work will be covered in class.

Just incase you didn't know what was meant by lecture / tutorial :)

Its extremely popular for small subjects. Most notably tourism, this is what everyone of my subjects have been like.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
LaraB - lecture / tut thingos are where the tutorial time is combined into the lecture time. Some weeks the lecturer may feel like having a tutorial, other weeks it might just be a stright lecture. Depends on what work will be covered in class.

Just incase you didn't know what was meant by lecture / tutorial :)

Its extremely popular for small subjects. Most notably tourism, this is what everyone of my subjects have been like.
lol well thats basically the same as a seminar:p..

lecturer does either lecture style of tute style depending on the week's work or what they feel like.... just figured it was basically theh same as seminar since no one i know has em like that..

all mine are tute and lecture or seminar...

i couldn't last through a combined lecture n tute - 3 hrs! way too long for my concentration:p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Student centres are open:
Monday to Thursday - 9am to 5pm
Friday - 1pm to 5pm

Oh, I've never had seminars before, just lecture / tutorial. I guess its so the uni can save some money. No use having the same class twice.

3 hours is nothing. Thats always the length of my classes. We usually have a break halfway through though. And we are always allowed to eat in class. Gotta love tourism lecturers!

theone123

blue essence
HSC
so teh student centre is open for the holidays?

good i need to change some units.. :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes, The student centre is open.

Monday to Thursday - 9am to 5pm
Friday - 1pm to 5pm

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
do we start uni on the 25th and if so we have one extra week from the school holidays right?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If you have classes on monday, then you start the 25th. If your first class is on tuesday you start the 26th.

Yes, we have an extra week from those kiddies! Yay!!

klh

HSC
well to those of you who have registered their tutes, how did it go?
was the new pweb layout a hindrance or a convenience?
was there a long wait [as normal] or much better?
info may be of help to thsoe of us who need to prepare for it. [like me on monday]

i was gonna do another thread but i thought this one would suffice...

thanks a bunch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)