next semester tutorial registration (1 Viewer)

Sasky

HSC
how/when do we register for next semester?

Is it the same as last semester?

Angel45

HSC
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg

Opening Day/Time School
Wednesday, 13 July 12:30pm
Science, Food & Horticulture
Thursday, 14 July 10:00am Environment and Agriculture
Thursday, 14 July 12:30pm Language and Linguistics
Thursday, 14 July 3:00pm Computing & Information Technology
Friday 15 July No school openings.
Monday, 18 July 10:00am Management
Monday, 18 July 12:30pm Marketing and International Business
Monday, 18 July 3:00pm Law
Tuesday 19 July No school openings
Wednesday, 20 July 10:00am Quantitative Methods & Maths Science.
Construction, Property & Planning
Exercise and Health Sciences

Wednesday, 20 July 12:30pm Accounting.
Economics & Finance
Wednesday, 20 July 3:00pm Applied Social and Health Sciences
Thursday, 21 July 10:00am Engineering and Industrial Design
Thursday, 21 July 12:30pm Nursing, Family and Community Health
Thursday, 21 July 3:00pm Contemporary Arts.
Communication, Design & Media
Friday, 22 July 10:00am Education
Social Ecology and Lifelong Learning
Friday, 22 July 12:30pm Humanities
Friday, 22 July 3:00pm Psychology

Angel45

HSC
Not a problem,

Hope u got good opening times/dates!!

Have a good one.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Why do they insist on opening schools at 10am!!!! :mad: Its holidays - 10am most people are still alseep!

Demandred

HSC
What if I have an elective next semester? During the academic adivsement day, I was told that it can be chosen later in the year. Is this it?

Angel45

HSC
Umm,

All I know is you have to be 'enrolled' in a unit first, b4 u can register. Which I think was done at beginning of the yr.

You can only register (that is, choose tute times/days or lectures times if u have the choice) for the units ur enrolled in, so check enrolment details on Platform Web to c what units ur enrolled in for spring semester. And if ur elective isn't there coz u haven't been enrolled in it then there's a process to follow (see below), but yeah, just get it done b4 opening time so u can choose.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Demandred said:
What if I have an elective next semester? During the academic adivsement day, I was told that it can be chosen later in the year. Is this it?
Yes, there is two ways you can do this. Firstly you need to choose the elective. Depening on the elective. If it s a course elective on the program guide in the handbook there will be a list for you to select the subject from. If it is a free elective, you can choose an elective from any of the 6 campuses, as long as you have the pre-requisites (sp). But if the subject you choose is not your home campus, you will need the unit co-ordinator of the subject's permission to do the subject. This can be done by email.

You then need to fill out a program variation form. It can be found here: Program variation form
and then you can take it to a campus, or you can also fax it.

Otherwise you can just go to your local campus, and pick up the form and give it to the lovely people at the student centre.

But add your elective before opening times for tutorial registration, so if you have tutorials, you can get the ones that you want.

(I felt like I just typed an essay :p)

klh

HSC
is it time for you to choose an elective? thats my question.
check your course outline at the online handbook Handbook
select undergraduate--school--course than see if it says elective.
if its time, do as cape says, it it aint than the system should automatically set your subjects froyou but its good to check if the system got it right.

eco/laws? click eco/laws it seems like you are to choose an eco elective (you are a first yr right?), scroll down that page and select which eco alternative units you want and follow cape adn then Angel45.

phew...i like mucking around that website.

klh

HSC
look at post number 2 by Angel45 in this thread....
you have got to know which school your subjects belong to. e.g. I do Biz, Society and policy which is form the school of management so i look at the times and go on pweb when the school is open to rego.
also log into pweb coz the subjects for next sem (that is if youve enrolled into them] should be showing and give you the times so you can plan which ones to pick.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Cape said:
Why do they insist on opening schools at 10am!!!! :mad: Its holidays - 10am most people are still alseep!
haha.. holidays means not getting up til at least 12.
1st sem i had tute rego at 9am. luckily, they're all 3pm for 2nd sem :D

Sasky

HSC
Anyone know if we can JUST see what days and time the tutes and lectures are on for next semester?
I know we can only register when the set date comes around, but last semester I could see what times there was before the register date.
I need to figure out my work schedule for next week and I have to know way in advance before we can register online!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can access the timetable through Pweb.

Or alternatively you can look here: Timetable and type in the subjects.

Jacks

HSC
they should be available like cape said through P-web, follow the usual steps you would take come tutorial registration, and clicking on the unit numbers of your units you should find the times and dates for that subject. You can come up with a draft timetable based on that, and just check back and see if they change every so often, they shouldn't though, unless there is a major clash somewhere :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
For unit clashes, I think you need to talk to your course co-ordinator. And then the subject co-ordinators for the subjects that clash.

klh

HSC
at penrith nearly half of the class in OAd had clashes with marketing and so most didnt even turn up to either class, even though there is a roll in class for OAd...
but its up to you, if it clashes i dont think they change the times for you, but theyl either reccomend you antoehr campus or do it anoter semester or let you pick it.
In the case i typed above, the lecturer was not as leninet but then she left so we had a temp who was flexible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)