• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New MUSE album! (2 Viewers)

walrusbear

HSC
radiohead >>>>>>> muse

OoS > Showbiz >>>>> Absolution

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
absolution* said:
yes, yes it is.

yes, yes i am.

two points.

origin of symmetry > showbiz > absolution

muse > radiohead, but in hindsight they are both fairly unextraordinary.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOZ MUSEZ IS BETTA DAN RADIOHEAD

OMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a fan of muse but they're a dumbed down, aggrandized operatic rock act that is perfect when you want to go fuckn crazy to i.e they are amazing live but lack the depth in their songs to truly blow my mind away..mind you i think matt bellamy has a better falsetto and superior singing range than thom yorke.

and how on earth can you call them superior to radiohead when radiohead have created the bends, ok computer and kid a. oh and a genius guitarist/composer called jonny greenwood.

i agree origin is their best album but i prefer absolution to showbiz

for new fans id say the bends is the easiest to get into.

kaylz

HSC
origin of symmetry is like an hour and a half of pure aurally induced orgasm

arrested development
HSC
Jonny Greenwood's bone structure deserves its own museum. It's like... amazing. <3

Gangels

HSC
kaylz said:
origin of symmetry is like an hour and a half of pure aurally induced orgasm
I really dont think it could be said any better! I support this claim as much as possible.

Im surprised noone has mentioned Hullaballo. It wasnt a studio album but it was still an excelent album

Origin of symetry>>>Showbiz>>>Hullaballo>>>Absolution.

Thats the way it should go!:)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
zomg. Will buy straightaway. Can't wait til their concert next year, definitely.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
sweeet, if this album is as good as absolution or origin of symmetry

muse and radiohead do have similar styles, muse being a bit heavier... it's hard to tell their voices apart sometimes.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
They played Supermassive Black Hole on Triple J today.
Fucking shit. If the rest of the album is anything like it, I'll cry.

joe1016

HSC
bonnie04 said:
origin of symmetry is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: increddddiiibbbblllleeeeeeeeeee.

i guess they do have similarities with radiohead but when i listen to their music i see ridiculous differences that i wonder why they get comnpared soooo damn much.

transcendent; if you're new to radiohead, don't start with their later albums. it is very difficult to get into them if you try with their later stuff first.
pablo honey (first album) was your standard rock.
the bends is what i believe characterises radiohead, try some songs from there (high and dry, my iron lung, planet telex, it's none of that weird shit, trust me)
ok compuer - try the songs like no surprises, climbing up the walls, electioneering; those songs are easier to like on the album
only after you listen to their earlier stuff can you build an appreciation for them.
never start with stuff like hail to the thief, kid a, or amnesiac.:eek:

hey yeah i reckon thats a good point for all you radiohead haters out there.

i got into radiohead from their early stuff and then fell in love with the entire range, from pablo honey as far out as kidA/amnesiac and back to HTTT.

muse are great but radiohead rock my socks!

BTW i heard a song off the new album on JJJ tonight, they ahve changed their sound completely! no operatic Rock, it had almost a dance beat feel to it, still recogniseable but only just.

it was good though, i still cant wait to see them live, hullaballoo rocked till the cows came home.

they are changeing, for better or for worse artistic progression is needed (see radioheads progression throughout their catalogue)

bonnie04

HSC
transcendent said:
thanks for the advice, been looking from new music to get into.

I really loved Absolution, I got into Muse when I saw that awesome Hysteria videoclip on Rage and I've worked my way back to Origin Of Symmetry than Showbiz than Hullabaloo. I'd say Absolution > Origin Of Symmetry > Showbiz basing this on the number of song I enjoyed from each album and the ease of listening to each daily. Still it's a hard choice to choose because individual favourite songs: Sing For Absolution, Citizen Erased and Showbiz.
no problemo. :)

the hysteria filmclip is fabulante. showbiz is an amazing song itself! mhmm out of hullabaloo, man it's testament to how great a band muse is; to have fantastic live tracks, and well as amazing b-sides.

Gangels said:
Now you know what your talking about. I loved 'there there' but nowhere near as much as i loved the whole of 'ok computer' and 'the bends'!

Amnesiac was a good one too for great music, but i always loved Karma police. I have no idea why, oh and paranoid android, fake plastic trees, my iron lung, its all good.:)
haha why thank you. exactly, my 2 faves would definitely have to be ok computer, and the bends respectively. the whole of ok computer is just incredible.

oh and has anyone heard the string quartet of ok computer, or the compilation of muse songs?

libertine said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOZ MUSEZ IS BETTA DAN RADIOHEAD

OMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a fan of muse but they're a dumbed down, aggrandized operatic rock act that is perfect when you want to go fuckn crazy to i.e they are amazing live but lack the depth in their songs to truly blow my mind away..mind you i think matt bellamy has a better falsetto and superior singing range than thom yorke.

and how on earth can you call them superior to radiohead when radiohead have created the bends, ok computer and kid a. oh and a genius guitarist/composer called jonny greenwood.

i agree origin is their best album but i prefer absolution to showbiz

for new fans id say the bends is the easiest to get into.
rh is a fantastic band and it's obvious from previous posts that i love them to bits. but because rh released the bends, okc, and kid a, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are ultimately the greatest band in existance.

i don't think people give muse a fair enough chance, because they always have to undergo constant comparisons to rh; specifically thom. rh are fantastic, i know, but meh. it's unfair on muse if they constantly have to almost 'live up' to radiohead. hmm...

joe1016 said:
hey yeah i reckon thats a good point for all you radiohead haters out there.

i got into radiohead from their early stuff and then fell in love with the entire range, from pablo honey as far out as kidA/amnesiac and back to HTTT.

muse are great but radiohead rock my socks!

BTW i heard a song off the new album on JJJ tonight, they ahve changed their sound completely! no operatic Rock, it had almost a dance beat feel to it, still recogniseable but only just.

it was good though, i still cant wait to see them live, hullaballoo rocked till the cows came home.

they are changeing, for better or for worse artistic progression is needed (see radioheads progression throughout their catalogue)
exactly, artistic progression is needed. i actually liked the new muse song. they either get criticism for 'recycling' old material by sticking to what they usually do, or they get criticised for 'just not being muse'. hmm. it's a lose lose situation for them.

nwatts

HSC
Just as long as they tour i'll be happy. Their Absolution tour gig at the Hordern was one of the best i've ever been to.

edit: it's muse's job to live up to radiohead. to consider otherwise is ridiculous.

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah the hordern gig went off

their bdo performancein 04 was pretty damn good as well- it started raining during their set, or was that something for kate? either way they rock out live

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)