New MUSE album! (1 Viewer)

Gangels

HSC
Just announced yesterday that the new Muse album is Black Holes and Revelations! Its out on July 3rd and the first single 'Super massive black hole' is out on the 12th of June online and 19th of June in record stores.

Ladetadetadeta:)

I've heard that they have plans to come to Australia around mid next year.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
OMFG!!! I got into MUSE just after their last Australian tour so I'm definately going to the next concert! :D Thanks for the info!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
it will be hard to top absolution, that was a pretty damn good album

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
If it's anything like Absolution, it'll be brilliant

Gangels

HSC
breaking said:
it will be hard to top absolution, that was a pretty damn good album
I dont think that absolution was as good as Showbiz or Origin of Symetry. I reckon it'll be even harder to beat those albums.

Is it just me or do they sound like a heavy version of Radiohead?

HSC
N/A
Gangels said:
haha, i had that thought before aswell. I love muse, radiohead can be abit "slow"/dreamy sometimes.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
radiohead can be a bit "shit"/boring a lot of the time :)

HSC
N/A
haha i was going to say that...but me bf is obsessed with radiohead so i automatically refrained. I do like some of their stuff. Muse is better though.

Gangels

HSC
The_Apprentice said:
haha i was going to say that...but me bf is obsessed with radiohead so i automatically refrained. I do like some of their stuff. Muse is better though.
Yeh i like Muse is better but i also like radiohead.

Just read that supermassive blck hole is set for release on may 9, but thats not a Muse.mu statement so im inclined to believe the first single date.

This is a possible track listing for the album
Hex
A Soldiers Poem
Supermassive Black Hole
Starlight
Invincible
Kings of Cydonia

From the looks of those, it dont sound like Muse have changed at all.

arrested development
HSC
I like Muse, but I like Radiohead better because I'm depressive or whatever.

Anyroad, it shall be interesting to see what the new album is like. :)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
breaking said:
it will be hard to top absolution
yes, yes it is.

bazookajoe said:
If it's anything like Absolution, it'll be brilliant
yes, yes i am.

two points.

origin of symmetry > showbiz > absolution

muse > radiohead, but in hindsight they are both fairly unextraordinary.

HSC
Gangels said:
Radiohead isnt overly depressive. They're very serious about they're music and emotionally but they're not really emo or depressive.
and we thank God everyday for that. :)
Gangels said:
Apparantly Matts inspiration for this new album Is slightly influenced by The Strokes, Franz ferdinand, the Tornadoes and 70's rock. This seems a bit out of the muse way. Also that the album may well be based heavily on trumpets.
how nice

arrested development
HSC
Gangels said:
Radiohead isnt overly depressive. They're very serious about they're music and emotionally but they're not really emo or depressive.

Apparantly Matts inspiration for this new album Is slightly influenced by The Strokes, Franz ferdinand, the Tornadoes and 70's rock. This seems a bit out of the muse way. Also that the album may well be based heavily on trumpets.
Well I find Radiohead to be quite depressing. Meh. Maybe I'm just weird. :)

That sounds really interesting re: the influences! This is quite exciting.
I love trumpets. :eek:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I never really got into Radiohead. I like 2 + 2 = 5 and Paranoid Android but that's about it. Tried one or two other songs but it wasn't interesting enough to make me look to buy their albums.

bonnie04

HSC
Gangels said:
I dont think that absolution was as good as Showbiz or Origin of Symetry. I reckon it'll be even harder to beat those albums.

origin of symmetry is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: increddddiiibbbblllleeeeeeeeeee.

i guess they do have similarities with radiohead but when i listen to their music i see ridiculous differences that i wonder why they get comnpared soooo damn much.

transcendent; if you're new to radiohead, don't start with their later albums. it is very difficult to get into them if you try with their later stuff first.
pablo honey (first album) was your standard rock.
the bends is what i believe characterises radiohead, try some songs from there (high and dry, my iron lung, planet telex, it's none of that weird shit, trust me)
ok compuer - try the songs like no surprises, climbing up the walls, electioneering; those songs are easier to like on the album
only after you listen to their earlier stuff can you build an appreciation for them.
never start with stuff like hail to the thief, kid a, or amnesiac.:eek:

kaylz

HSC
i love love love muse. Origin of symmetry is, without a doubt, their best - it's more "their sound". Absolution etc. got a bit radioheadey - but that's okay. I love radiohead. Super psyched for this new album.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
bonnie04 said:
origin of symmetry is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: increddddiiibbbblllleeeeeeeeeee.

i guess they do have similarities with radiohead but when i listen to their music i see ridiculous differences that i wonder why they get comnpared soooo damn much.

transcendent; if you're new to radiohead, don't start with their later albums. it is very difficult to get into them if you try with their later stuff first.
the bends is what i believe characterises radiohead, try some songs from there (high and dry, my iron lung, planet telex, it's none of that weird shit, trust me)
ok compuer - try the songs like no surprises, climbing up the walls, electioneering; those songs are easier to like on the album
only after you listen to their earlier stuff can you build an appreciation for them.
thanks for the advice, been looking from new music to get into.

I really loved Absolution, I got into Muse when I saw that awesome Hysteria videoclip on Rage and I've worked my way back to Origin Of Symmetry than Showbiz than Hullabaloo. I'd say Absolution > Origin Of Symmetry > Showbiz basing this on the number of song I enjoyed from each album and the ease of listening to each daily. Still it's a hard choice to choose because individual favourite songs: Sing For Absolution, Citizen Erased and Showbiz.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
absolution* said:
yes, yes it is.

yes, yes i am.

two points.

origin of symmetry > showbiz > absolution

muse > radiohead, but in hindsight they are both fairly unextraordinary.
<3

alls i can say is, its about freaking time.
t'will be interesting. bring it

Gangels

HSC
bonnie04 said:

Now you know what your talking about. I loved 'there there' but nowhere near as much as i loved the whole of 'ok computer' and 'the bends'!

Amnesiac was a good one too for great music, but i always loved Karma police. I have no idea why, oh and paranoid android, fake plastic trees, my iron lung, its all good.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)