new medical science student !!!! (1 Viewer)

blackness

Crazy crazy just crazy
HSC
Hi guys iam starting medical science at campelltown can anyone tell me how its like ( eg work load and difficulty).

Iam also thinking about transfering to a different course afer the first year like medicine law or dentistry, can anyone tell if it is acievable.

Thank you

loser101

HSC
blackness said:
Hi guys iam starting medical science at campelltown can anyone tell me how its like ( eg work load and difficulty).

Iam also thinking about transfering to a different course afer the first year like medicine law or dentistry, can anyone tell if it is acievable.

Thank you
what uai did you get?

dont expect to get into medicine with anything less than a gpa of around 6.5/7... which is as hard as getting a TER of 99 if not harder :shy:

if you only got a UAI of 80 or so then getting a GPA of 6.5/7 is NOT acheivable. just the facts

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
yeah bench pressing 100kg is acheivable, but give it to a skinny twerp its NOT possible.
He could achieve it with a lot of hard work? Heaps of people can't even bench 50 when they start and after a year or two are benching 100 with ease...

EDIT: It comes down to how much effort you put it + your natural ability of course.

loser101

HSC
markzada said:
He could achieve it with a lot of hard work? Heaps of people can't even bench 50 when they start and after a year or two are benching 100 with ease...

EDIT: It comes down to how much effort you put it + your natural ability of course.

medicine cut off you need to be in the top 1%.

so if i was to use the weight lifting analogy the correct weight would be like bench 200kg+ like pro bodybuider. now try acheiving that.

some poeple can train all thier life and work as hard as they want, take steriods and still wont be able to achieve it.

or try run under 10sec for a 100meters? you think all it takes is training? it requires natural ability.

anyway read blackness's other post and he got UAI of 56.

so i am 1000000% positive he can't get a GPA of even close to a 5 let alone a 6.5

edit: sorry you got 56.90 ... i wont forget about the .90 :D

Last edited:

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
medicine cut off you need to be in the top 1%.

so if i was to use the weight lifting analogy the correct weight would be like bench 200kg+ like pro bodybuider. now try acheiving that.

some poeple can train all thier life and work as hard as they want, take steriods and still wont be able to achieve it.

or try run under 10sec for a 100meters? you think all it takes is training? it requires natural ability.

anyway read blackness's other post and he got UAI of 56.

so i am 1000000% positive he can't get a GPA of even close to a 5 let alone a 6.5

edit: sorry you got 56.90 ... i wont forget about the .90 :D
LOL. I'm sure it has been done before atleast once. Therefore it's achievable yet highly unlikely like I said.

loser101

HSC
yeh he got 35% in HSC chemistry, which is not much better than pure guesses in the MC section lol and he now wants to get 90 in University chemistry? haha

blackness tell your parents the truth, you are not up to being a doctor and tell them to fuck off, not all indians can be doctors. :D

HSC
A High Way Man said:
go back to the rice fields you dirty black poof
Cunny Funt, lol, love it!
The B med sci goes for 3years? If not possible now by that time he'll put in as much work, if he is serious, and who knows what could happen. Right now, based on HSC marks, losers got a point.
Cheers.

Skater_bum

HSC
WantToDoBetter said:
Cunny Funt, lol, love it!
The B med sci goes for 3years? If not possible now by that time he'll put in as much work, if he is serious, and who knows what could happen. Right now, based on HSC marks, losers got a point.
Cheers.
im sure if he works on his strengths

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
loser101 said:
what uai did you get?

dont expect to get into medicine with anything less than a gpa of around 6.5/7... which is as hard as getting a TER of 99 if not harder :shy:

if you only got a UAI of 80 or so then getting a GPA of 6.5/7 is NOT acheivable. just the facts
If he's going to go to UWS the min GPA req is 5.5(which is credit avg) for all non-standards. But yeh you should be looking for atleast 6 with a good umat score to have a chance of gettin an interview.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
blackness said:

Thank you
hmm, yeh i looked at your posts im suprised your even studying med sci at UWS, i thought the cut-off this year was 70. Now how did you get in? EAS + Regional Bonus?

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi, I work in the UWS Course Information Centre and am also a UWS student. If you are interested in studying Medicine at UWS the admission requirements (minimum GPA to be considered) are actually dependent a few factors: how many years of tertiary study you have completed, the type of tertiary study completed, and whether or not you live in Greater Western Sydney. If you would like to know what the minimum requirements are, please call 1800 897 669 and we would be happy to assist you.

loser101

HSC
what is the definition of greater western sydney.

the parramatta campus is in Rydalmere, but a suburb like Epping, which is only 5kms away, wouldnt be classified as Greater Western?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
loser101 said:
what is the definition of greater western sydney.

the parramatta campus is in Rydalmere, but a suburb like Epping, which is only 5kms away, wouldnt be classified as Greater Western?
^

UWS said:
You must be a resident of the following Local Government Electorates to qualify as a GWS Applicant:- Auburn Council, Bankstown City Council, The Council of the Shire of Baulkham Hills, Blacktown City Council, Blue Mountains City Council, Camden Council, Campbelltown City Council, Fairfield City Council, Hawkesbury City Council, Holroyd City Council, Liverpool City Council, Parramatta City Council, Penrith City Council & Wollondilly Shire Council.

It is important to check that your actual street address and suburb falls into one of the above mentioned Council electorates as some suburbs do branch across multiple electorates that are outside of the GWS area. Please check the Department of Local Government Website to ensure you meet the GWS criteria prior to lodging your application:
Web Link: http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/dlg_regions.asp?regiontype=0

K

katie_tully

blackness said:

Thank you
You and 90% of the people on this forum doing MedSc think it's as easy as transferring after a year.

I'm going to laugh incrdedibly hard when you all fail at both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)