New Latin Thread - Cramming tips? (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Takes a look around, and returns to study.

(Btw, doesn't it say, "Teacher, I am stupid." or something to that effect.)

Last edited:
Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Hiya! I'm Lillo, I'm new, and I thought since I'm a Latin student, this would kind of be an apt place for me to start...I'm in year 10, well technically next term I'll be in year 11 (but our school doesn't start the actual y11 syllabus yet, so we have a bludgy term where we do "skills")...anywayz, thought I'd drop in and say hi...

By the way, who's read Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis? It's cool...although I don't actually always understand all the Latin, I've basically memorized my English version so it all makes sense in the end...

Meh, unseens? I actually like unseens, because I tend to scam marks off my teachers for being poetic...but then that's probably cause I'm in year 10 and we get easy unseens.

zhongie

HSC
Hey, new blood...!

Umm, senior unseens are alot harder, sorry to say. I remember I did Catullus in Year 11 (Odi et amo...) and Pyramus and Thisbe, which was okay...

Reading in Latin? I've read Green Eggs and Ham in Latin, for a laugh... while I like Latin, I'm not really, really, into it....

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
continuing the latin tradition - yay good one kids. :)

btw zhongie, i was at burwood park today... were you one of those MLC ppl who passed thru? maybe i saw you ;)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I was wondering how long it would take flyin to come back here... *waves*

Nice to meet you Lillo. Don't be intimidated by Frigid trying to hit on everything he sees. You get used to it all after a while.

Zhongie, we did exactly those texts too, although I thought it might've been year 10. Did you do the Aeneid as well? We did Aeneid IV and Pro sex. rosc.

Don't you try and tell me I was good at latin, heh.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Weisy said:
Don't be intimidated by Frigid trying to hit on everything he sees.
:( :( :(

that's not what i expected coming from you. i'm disappointed. :(

HSC
**is frightened**

Still, I like Latin. It sounds like good fun, and since I've loved classics for all of the four years I've studied it, I reckon I should give it a go. And my Latin teacher thinks I should do it; she told my mother so. I'm not sure what's in store for me next year; all I know is that we'll do "real Latin" instead of boring old textbook stuff.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Frigid said:
:( :( :(

that's not what i expected coming from you. i'm disappointed. :(
I'm officially sorry if I insulted you in any way. I was not intending to, and considering I haven't been here for so long, there is no way I would have any conclusive evidence that you were doing what I accused you of doing.

At least in the last 6 months. :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Weisy said:
At least in the last 6 months. :D
:D :p

LOL its okay weisy... you're like a sister to me (i think)...

and yeah, girls are evil. especially shang girls. :p

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
poor frigid :p

btw, hi weisy!

zhongie

HSC
Yesterday, maybe...

We pass Burwood Park alot...
you should yell out something in latin, then if you see people have a knowing look, then you'll know who we are. There are only two people doing latin. But it's a moot point, because in two days, we won't be there. Yay!

Wei, should I feel bad that Frigid hasn't hit on me yet? :)

And yeah...Wei wasn't good at something...right. Pull the other one.

HSC
Haha, I have to write an essay on the "benefits of studying Latin". It's meant to be a self-evaluation. I'm going to annoy my teacher on the social benefits, because I reckon Latin can become a good conversation topic to break the ice...or maybe at science camp anyhow...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Haha, I have to write an essay on the "benefits of studying Latin". It's meant to be a self-evaluation. I'm going to annoy my teacher on the social benefits, because I reckon Latin can become a good conversation topic to break the ice...or maybe at science camp anyhow...
There's actually a great deal of latin in medicine and law, I find it very useful.

Conversely, medicine and law don't make for good average across the table dinner conversations. Although after a few months of anatomy you become adept at imagining the food you're going to eat after your three hour prac whilst handing cadavers and having very little problem with it.

</random>

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
zhongie said:
Yesterday, maybe...

We pass Burwood Park alot...
you should yell out something in latin, then if you see people have a knowing look, then you'll know who we are. There are only two people doing latin. But it's a moot point, because in two days, we won't be there. Yay!

Wei, should I feel bad that Frigid hasn't hit on me yet? :)

And yeah...Wei wasn't good at something...right. Pull the other one.
how's end of yr 12 celebrations going btw yvonne? Sorry I hadn't asked before, it's hard to keep track of school timetables when returning to school is the last thing you want to do. ;)

Why would you want Frigid to hit on you? And furthermore, why would draw attention to the fact that he hasn't? Be sane, girl!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Weisy said:
Why would you want Frigid to hit on you? And furthermore, why would draw attention to the fact that he hasn't? Be sane, girl!
even i can't help to smile when i read that ^.^

:p weisy that's bcoz only deserved girls are hit upon by me. :p

zhongie

HSC
Haha...

Hey, Wei. End of school celebrations were okay, only marred by the fact idiots spraypainted the heritage common room floor. There was a bit of collateral damage from homebush boys' egging...but overall, we survived.

Danielle Sterling is Dux of MLC
I got runner up. Always the bridesmaid...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
zhongie said:
I got runner up. Always the bridesmaid...
i put hundred bucks on zhongie gets 99.6+

dammit... *sigh - hsc regrets*

zhongie

HSC
Thanks for the vote of confidence...! I sure hope so. Arts/Law at Sydney...all that hard work has to pay off somehow.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
zhongie said:
Law at Sydney...
that just put a smile on my face :)

"sidere mens eadem mutato" (for all you latin ppl)!!

fridge chose law over med (for all you med ppl) :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)