new hsc syllabus (1 Viewer)

3Lachlan2

HSC
any news going around in regards to when BOS is making new syllabuses for the hsc?
I dont think they will be implementing many more major changes, because in a few years there will be the ACE nation-wide, replacing the HSC and the like; it will be similiar the the SATs in the USA.... so i hear.

mioumiou

HSC
I hope not, if we go through this stuff so should others.

I blame Rudd.. what an idiot.
Well said!! :headbang:

Yeah, the Rudd government is really messing up the Education system at the moment. The only thing they should change is that NSW ATAR should be scaled higher than other states if we do harder work. If we don't, should be scaled down. Other than that, it works pretty good as is, as far as I'm concerned.
Which is gay since everyone before now is working their ass off.

I will slap rudd when i see him.

So much for the education "Revolution", what an ass.
+1 for both posts!! And you can slap him as much as you like iRuler!!
Even Kevin Rudd has a Facebook.... WTF, he should care about our education systems more.... our poor hospitals etc. Just sits there like a chicken, doing nothing and creating his own Facebook hoping to gain his popularity. Someone should stand up and do some more improvements..... (esp. our education!!) :sun:

mioumiou

HSC
I dont think they will be implementing many more major changes, because in a few years there will be the ACE nation-wide, replacing the HSC and the like; it will be similiar the the SATs in the USA.... so i hear.
That's really bad :(

twistedrebel

HSC
we will never have a system like the US, that system is total fail.
Our system will remain the same, but all the kids will do the same course across country, so changes will needed to curriculum to make it universal.

3Lachlan2

HSC
we will never have a system like the US, that system is total fail.
Our system will remain the same, but all the kids will do the same course across country, so changes will needed to curriculum to make it universal.
look up australia's national curriculum on wikipedia, it makes reference to the future unifyed ACE test. wikipedia never lies...

Kralex

HSC
Which is gay since everyone before now is working their ass off.

I will slap rudd when i see him.

So much for the education "Revolution", what an ass.
Allowing more people into Uni is an education "revolution". Australia needs more people going to Uni.

twistedrebel

HSC
Allowing more people into Uni is an education "revolution". Australia needs more people going to Uni.
it will just dilute a university degree, and then intelligent/hard workers will do masters, because every dumbass bogan will have a bachelors.

izzy88

HSC
There will be unlimited Commonwealth funded spaces at uni, meaning from now on Universities can enrol as much kids as they want (before govt capped it). As ATAR cut offs are supply/demand based, there will be more supply of uni spaces, thus lowering overall cut offs.
yes but the universities won't necessarily actually increase their overall intake- they will probably just shuffle around numbers in different degree (ie. allow more kids to do law, reduce numbers in degrees that people don't want to do). Some universities actually want to make their intake smaller overall (eg. USYD). Furthermore, whilst they could technically increase their intake- they need the resources and facilities to do so (more so then just the commonwealth giving them the money per student)- which is unlikely to happen in the near future.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
it will just dilute a university degree, and then intelligent/hard workers will do masters, because every dumbass bogan will have a bachelors.
well said.

im against getting a national curriculum as well, however if you look at the positive side theres way more idiots for us to compete against so itd be easier to get a higher ATAR :p

Matt2233

HSC
The rudd government has no fucking clue about what this country needs in the education department, their just doing short term shit that makes them look good to the public while ensuring that when the next liberal party gets in to fix it up our system will be raped beyond comprehension.

What they should be doing is increasing funding for academia. As it stands Australia's research industry is crap compared to other countries. Most people just do bachelors or PHD here then jet of to a European or American country were the governments actually support research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)