new hsc syllabus (1 Viewer)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
any news going around in regards to when BOS is making new syllabuses for the hsc?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure there are some changes for 2011.

But i've also heard there are changes in the layout of the exam for the sciences for 2010.

Someone want to confirm this please?

muzeikchun852

HSC

But i've also heard there are changes in the layout of the exam for the sciences for 2010.

there is only a few changes in 2011. and there is no changes for any science for 2010 or 2011. the only one i know is economics, there are minor change on the content, but i think the marking is the same.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
there is only a few changes in 2011. and there is no changes for any science for 2010 or 2011. the only one i know is economics, there are minor change on the content, but i think the marking is the same.
Economics is for HSC 2011

I've heard there will be a different exam layout for physics tho (mainly from our head teacher) :confused:

It might be applying for every science :confused:

twistedrebel

HSC

There will be 20 multiple choice in stead of the normal 15, thats the main change, so each topic losses 1 mark for extended response sections,

I mean HSC 2012, will have different system (2011 they start prelim).
HSC '11 will have it alot easier to get into university, in recent memory

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There will be 20 multiple choice in stead of the normal 15, thats the main change, so each topic losses 1 mark for extended response sections,
Thats not too bad i guess, does it involve all sciences or just physics?

there's only 4 modules... so does it mean that 1 topic might lose 2 marks?

twistedrebel

HSC
Thats not too bad i guess, does it involve all sciences or just physics?

there's only 4 modules... so does it mean that 1 topic might lose 2 marks?
yes, one module will lose marks, but will vary from year to year.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC

yeah it says that on the BOS site

so new syllabus in 2012 huh...now is that like amendments to the current one or a total new one like they did in 01?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

so new syllabus in 2012 huh...now is that like amendments to the current one or a total new one like they did in 01?
You dont have to worry about it :p

But I guess it'll probably be some ammendments, they cant really make a full new one, what will they teach us?

Also i'm pretty sure we'll be on a national curriculum soon anyway.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
They're already putting in the new Maths curriculum for the non-HSC years. According to my Maths Head Teacher, the new HSC + Prelim curriculum comes in after this year 11 finishes their HSC. Basically, the kids that got the laptops get their HSC changed.

As for this year, Modern + Ancient have the short responses on the core study replaced by multiple choice. They still have medium response in the same section though. There's a sample section one up available for download. It's pretty easy. I personally think putting in multiple choice means that you're just giving kids marks when they might not deserve them. Open response means they actually have to know it to respond to it.

mioumiou

HSC
They're already putting in the new Maths curriculum for the non-HSC years. According to my Maths Head Teacher, the new HSC + Prelim curriculum comes in after this year 11 finishes their HSC. Basically, the kids that got the laptops get their HSC changed.

As for this year, Modern + Ancient have the short responses on the core study replaced by multiple choice. They still have medium response in the same section though. There's a sample section one up available for download. It's pretty easy. I personally think putting in multiple choice means that you're just giving kids marks when they might not deserve them. Open response means they actually have to know it to respond to it.
My Bio teacher told us that there will be more multiple choice questions. But I haven't heard of the new syllabus.....

You dont have to worry about it

But I guess it'll probably be some ammendments, they cant really make a full new one, what will they teach us?

Also i'm pretty sure we'll be on a national curriculum soon anyway.
which means..... are they going to learn easier stuff because when you compare NSW's education standard to other states.....

twistedrebel

HSC

who new syllabus, all part of the national curriculum, making maths alot easier, (supposedly NSW has the hardest maths so yeah) everyone that does 3u atm will be doing 4u from now on (or thats what i hear). tbh, NSW should reject it, why should we drop our standards?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
which means..... are they going to learn easier stuff because when you compare NSW's education standard to other states.....
I hope not, if we go through this stuff so should others.

I blame Rudd.. what an idiot.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yeah, the Rudd government is really messing up the Education system at the moment. The only thing they should change is that NSW ATAR should be scaled higher than other states if we do harder work. If we don't, should be scaled down. Other than that, it works pretty good as is, as far as I'm concerned.

3Lachlan2

HSC

I mean HSC 2012, will have different system (2011 they start prelim).
HSC '11 will have it alot easier to get into university, in recent memory
"HSC '11 will have it alot easier to get into university, in recent memory"

what do u mean? how is this so?

twistedrebel

HSC
There will be unlimited Commonwealth funded spaces at uni, meaning from now on Universities can enrol as much kids as they want (before govt capped it). As ATAR cut offs are supply/demand based, there will be more supply of uni spaces, thus lowering overall cut offs.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There will be unlimited Commonwealth funded spaces at uni, meaning from now on Universities can enrol as much kids as they want (before govt capped it). As ATAR cut offs are supply/demand based, there will be more supply of uni spaces, thus lowering overall cut offs.
Which is gay since everyone before now is working their ass off.

I will slap rudd when i see him.

So much for the education "Revolution", what an ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)