Nervous Breakdown (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i broke down last week, i got the flu in the middle of trials and had maths etc to study for, it ended up being post poned to today and i hardly studied...on the verge of giving up.

and then...

we had a 50 min lecture about how bad the yr did in eng ad... :mad:

November 4th 12:30pm: will be the happiest moment of my life.

beccygoddess

HSC
'sarvo was my first major breakdown. Got 41% in Chem, a subject that I have been trying REALLY hard in recently- I got a tutor and everything. The average was 51%, but that makes me sooo far below average. All I wanted was a good rank.
I thought that I was fine until I saw my friend on the way out of school- when I told her my mark I just started crying. The entire way home I was just sobbing.
I really don't know why I care so much, I do 12 units, so it won't count. But I just felt so crap etc.
What does everyone think about dropping a subject before the HSC?

erm

HSC
beccygoddess said:
'sarvo was my first major breakdown. Got 41% in Chem, a subject that I have been trying REALLY hard in recently- I got a tutor and everything. The average was 51%, but that makes me sooo far below average. All I wanted was a good rank.
I thought that I was fine until I saw my friend on the way out of school- when I told her my mark I just started crying. The entire way home I was just sobbing.
I really don't know why I care so much, I do 12 units, so it won't count. But I just felt so crap etc.
What does everyone think about dropping a subject before the HSC?
that's your problem.

consistent study is required to do well. you had to start trying since the start.

i got crap marks in chem but i blame myself.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
never had a breakdown last year until i recieved my UAI, had mjor one where self harm inflicted (not seriously bad but still), then today in a maths test just broke down and cried, softly. Then spoke to the teacher after I gave up and had a big cry and that and made a girl in the class cry with sympathy lol, so said still crying now 6hrs later approx. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't get it never last year during HSC this year yes aahhhhhhhhhhhh cry.

HSC
marcquelle said:
never had a breakdown last year until i recieved my UAI, had mjor one where self harm inflicted (not seriously bad but still), then today in a maths test just broke down and cried, softly. Then spoke to the teacher after I gave up and had a big cry and that and made a girl in the class cry with sympathy lol, so said still crying now 6hrs later approx. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't get it never last year during HSC this year yes aahhhhhhhhhhhh cry.
yesssss....now try in english. :)

danz90

HSC
This isn't really a nervous breakdown.. but Ive been having quite bad heart palpitations lately during exams.. today in English paper 2 had an intense one while i was rushing to finish before "pens down" ... lol thought i was having a heart attack.. freaky.

Classic Rudiger

Such if Life.
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I'm too relaxed, it's making me nervous.
yeahhhh same here.
I wasn't nervous before trials and I'm normally on edge before exams.
My lack of nervousness scared me a little.
But I guess im jsut lucky

HSC
yeah i have. i just counldn't cope with school anymore. Its just all to much stress on year 12 students . Especially right now. One of my friends had one in the middle of one of her trial exams. So try not let the stress and school get to you! Its not healthy to you or your marks.
We are almost there!
Its almost all over
Good luck everyone!

- steph
xx

snowdom

HSC
yeah the days leading up to my trials and during it, i was completley freaking out. im feeling a bit relieved now since its over, but im dreading my results.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
marcquelle said:
what was your uai?

leannespeaks

HSC
I BREAK DOWN TODAY..

I MISSED A SECTION IN ANCIENT EXAMS.......THE HISTORICAL PERIOD WORTH 25 marks....

i thought the teacher crossed out the question because she did,,but then i didnt catch on with the instruction to do the question at the back.,....

and i realised it only after the exam..

OUCH ..my 25 marks down the drain.....

LIFE IS KILLING ME RIGHT NOW..........

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
hollyy. said:
what was your uai?
marks
raw
Adv Ex 72
General Maths 74
Music 1 86
Visual Arts 88
Hospitality 86

scaled
Adv Eng 70
General Maths 72
Music 1 84
Visual Arts 88
Hospitality 86

UAI 68.5

HSC
danz90 said:
This isn't really a nervous breakdown.. but Ive been having quite bad heart palpitations lately during exams.. today in English paper 2 had an intense one while i was rushing to finish before "pens down" ... lol thought i was having a heart attack.. freaky.
pretty sure its due to caffiene. Used to happen to me.

ital101

HSC
marcquelle said:
marks
raw
Adv Ex 72
General Maths 74
Music 1 86
Visual Arts 88
Hospitality 86

scaled
Adv Eng 70
General Maths 72
Music 1 84
Visual Arts 88
Hospitality 86

UAI 68.5
Damn dude. They scaled you do like 10 points, I think...if you average the scaled marks...it comes to a UAI of 80. Now I'm confused man. How do they work out your UAI. What do they do. I thought they just added all you scaled externals together and divided by 5 (if you do 5 subjects).

- SO HOW ON EARTH DO YOU GET 68.5, Marcquelle???

HSC
ital101 said:
I thought they just added all you scaled externals together and divided by 5 (if you do 5 subjects).
No, they don't do this because the UAI is a rank, so that you can be compared with the remainder of the year 12 leaving age population of the state.
But I don't know enough about it to comment any further, sorry.

leannespeaks

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Oooh the HSC is a simulated hell that we all live in, take the Redpill

(a la The Matrix)

no man..seriously..this is worse than hell ....the entire experience of HSC cannot be spelled, written or even expressed in words......the alphabet cannot even capture the whole experience..

after my super fluctuating moods during this 12 month period...

i realise some things..

-Vitamin B 12 pills is good when girls have that time of the month yet having no choice but to endure abdominal pains to stay up all night freaking typing on that assessment task.( i tried panadol...didnt helped either)

- Apple Juice are really good alternatives for those people who are too addicted to caffeine..

- When going for an eye check, most Optometrists would say this line..

"Oh, what year are you in? year 12..Oh dont worry, most people experience eye problems when they were sitting for their HSC. After that, they either chuck the reader's glasses months after HSC or keep the glasses for further stress periods or worse keep wearing them for eternity as the HSC have indeed damaged their eyesight.....don't worry, you've been doing so many reading material..I can truly understand. But your eyes need a break or else youll end up getting permanent prescribed glasses......."

goes to show how HSC can indirectly( or directly) cause eye problems...

- According to this news i heard last week, HSC 08'ers suffer high alarming rates of stress levels more than the average teenager would take..( six times i heard)

- You can be forgiven for having intense mood swings or major/minor breakdowns.

period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)