Needing help (1 Viewer)

Wondersmash

HSC
Ok so I do maths general, biology, cafs, english standard, 1 unit religion and modern.

I think I might be totally screwed.... I am ranked in bottom in all of my subjects but i really really try hard but I get bad results!!!
It is extremely frustrating as all I want is an atar from 65-70 and I will be happy. Please help me!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Wondersmash, can you elaborate a bit more on how you study for each subject, perhaps by giving us more details on your current study approaches, we can give you more specific advice on how you can maximise your chances of achieving and beyond your ATAR goal. I have complied a senior study guide that includes study tips for certain subjects as well as general study tips designed to help students ace their senior years, so feel free to check it out:)http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

If you have any more questions, welcome to ask anytime:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I think the best thing to do is to target the areas you need to work on. Talk to all your teachers and what you can do to aim for a higher grade range. The objective is to study smarter, not harder. There's no point in rewriting things on endless hours if it lacks direction or isn't constructive. To give less generic and better advice, what does your assessment feedback say?

With maths (this applies to all levels), practice is usually the best way to go with building familiarity and strength with the subject. Work on areas you're uncomfortable with, and focus less on the areas you're more confident in. That goes with the concept of studying smarter - spending more time rectifying areas you're poorer in to be more holistic in your subject.

Best of luck :)

Wondersmash

HSC
I am finding it extremely difficult to even study because I am really badly effected by my dyslexia I jumble basically everything :(

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I am finding it extremely difficult to even study because I am really badly effected by my dyslexia I jumble basically everything :(
Have you considered getting someone to be a mentor for you? Someone who has done the HSC to calm you down and help you when you're stressed and finding it difficult to study. Worked well for a few people in my year.

enoilgam

HSC
Is there some way that you can get special provisions/considerations for this?

An ATAR of 65 - 70 is usually pretty straightforward to achieve for most people. You dont need to work that hard, but you need to work smart. You need to have a keen understanding of the basics in order to get a high band 4/low band 5 (which will comfortably see you achieve your ATAR goal). For example, in Modern, know your content well, but also know the basics behind how to put an essay together (see the guide in my sig). Even with a basic understanding of essay writing, you should be able to hit a low Band 5 in Modern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)