Need to lose 20kg :( HELP! (1 Viewer)

gella

HSC
while i lost 6kg of weight because lately i am very full and dont get hungry
my trainer told me that exerice dosnt make u lose wieght it only keeps the fat off.
just eat healthy food and u will lose weight .
right now i weight 58kg height 157:headbang:
lol what
thats what you get from a trainer in liverpool

Missy.15

HSC
Yeah, go to the gym twice a day. Maybe if your keen look at Horleys Sculpt or BSN Desert. These can act as a meal replacement and are realllllllly nice :). They contain alot of protein in them which will help you build muscle.

Goodluck!!! :)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
exercise isnt as important as dieting...watching what you eat should come first, cut down on the carbs and drink alloooot of water to cleanse your body, do some cardio but not too much...coz sometimes, instead of actually losing weight, it will make u more muscly..also, more exercise means that u have a larger appetite afterwards...i hope this helps

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
If you are 150cm I would hazard a guess that 45kg would be about the minimum healthy weight for your height, with the maximum being about 55 or so.

Aim to lose 10kg ad break that up into smaller goals. Focus on say 500g in a week. Eat breakfast. Eat small meals regularly. Choose low gi options where ever possible. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and drink lots of water. Exercise at least every second day for at least half an hour. Take measurements as well as weighing yourself so you can get some motivation from seeing your body shape change even if the weight doesn't change that much at first.

I'd also say it might be better to focus on improving your health generally rather than fixating on a number on the scales.

That's probably the best advice I can give you, I'm not a doctor

123 B A N G

HSC
Give up bread and fizzy drink and lollies. You'll lose weight. 20kg is too much by the way it is borderline underweight, be healthy.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
OP. 20kg is to much. Here are some tips i have for you for weight loss:
This advice is from experience btw, not like all the other clowns on this thread. I lost 17kg in about 4 months. I've put a fair bit back on, but in the form of muscle, since i know go to gym etc alot.

Diet:

-Having a breakfast that is low in calories. Ideally, whole grain bread (peanut butter is good for nutrition) or/ porridge. As someone suggested water with few drops of lemon or/ "Barley Grass" would be perfect. Barley Grass is supposed to encourage enzyme activity hence increase rate of metabolisation.

-Have 6 small meals/day instead of 3 large meals.

-Drink Skim Milk instead of Full Cream, Whole grain bread over White.

- Have smaller portions of Red Meat (although some is essential)

-Turkey, Chicken and Fish are all very lean meat. I used to eat alot of salads (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, onion, balsamic sauce and some chicken)

-Avoid Snacking on junk food, stick to the 6 meals (1 meal/2-3hours).

-Avoid foods high in carbohyrates, i.e Pasta

-Eat plenty of Vegetables and plenty of Fruit.

Exercise:

-Make all exercise count. The best way to run is interval e.g Run for 5 mins---> Sprint for 30 secs--->Run for 2 mins--->walk (fast tempo)--->repeat. Doing this every second day will lead to maximum weight loss imo.

-Try and do some sit ups and possibly push ups of a night. Every 3rd night.

Get a minimum 8 hours sleep/night.

Above all else, although you may not lose 12kg in 6 weeks, you will look a feel of alot fitter, which is pretty much the same effect. I bet you will realise that 20kg weight loss was way to much.

I'll add more as i think of it.

Trust me, this stuff will certainly help.

Last edited:

untouchablecuz

HSC
This advice is from experience btw, not like all the other clowns on this thread. I lost 17kg in about 4 months. I've put a fair bit back on, but in the form of muscle, since i know go to gym etc alot.

Diet:

-Having a breakfast that is low in calories. Ideally, whole grain bread (peanut butter is good for nutrition) or/ porridge. As someone suggested water with few drops of lemon or/ "Barley Grass" would be perfect. Barley Grass is supposed to encourage enzyme activity hence increase rate of metabolisation.

-Turkey, Chicken and Fish are all very lean meat.

Exercise:

-Make all exercise count. The best way to run is interval e.g Run for 5 mins---> Sprint for 30 secs--->Run for 2 mins--->walk (fast tempo)--->repeat. Doing this every second day will lead to maximum weight loss imo.

Above all else, although you may not lose 12kg in 6 weeks, you will look a feel of alot fitter, which is pretty much the same effect. I bet you will realise that 20kg weight loss was way to much.

and if you want to bulk

do exactly the opposite :p

(the above statement may not be entirely correct)

123 B A N G

HSC
It is physically impossible to lose weight from exercising because when you exercise your body needs fuel so it creates energy from oxygen which solidifies when you cool down and turns into cellulite. Once you have cellulite you can't get rid of it unless you eat tri-phosphates which can no longer be legally sold except as a precursor which the stomach has difficulty absorbing.
Are you insane, thats stupid. Of course you can lose weight by exercise. It increases you metabolism, and yes you may have to eat more because you are using more energy but you are able to lose weight more rapidly. Where did you get your information? because every personal trainer and health dietitian would disagree that you can't lose weight exercising.

totallyconfused

HSC
hey :)

i lost 20 kg over a longer period of time, but have managed to keep it off- the longer it takes, the longer it stays off!

for me, it was all about eating Low GI foods, foods that make you feel fuller for longer - so you eat less. low GI foods release the sugar from the food slower into your metabolism. its foods like multi grain bread, yoghurts, all that kind of stuff. theres actually lists on the internet you can get which show you what foods are good to eat and stuff. and heaps of great books too!

and in terms of excercise, i used to go for a run like 4 times a week, and played netball...but at the moment, i just use an excercise bike, its great! it was cheap as and theres heaps of work outs on the internet you can use to make you loose weight,

hope this helps!
Thanks! Yes it helps, I've found heaps of info on Low GI foods on the net :) Except I thought pasta wasn't so good to have, but it's listed Low GI??

Low GI Foods | List of Low GI Foods for healthy diet

Just do a circuit style workout every Monday, Wednesday, Friday & cardio on your treadmill every Tuesday & Thursday. That with a proper healthy diet should help you tenfold.... but if your extremely desperate, like EXTREMELY, use those fat blaster pills.

This website has an example of a circuit style workout:
20 Minute Circuit Workout - Military Fitness - Military.com
Lol i'm not so desperate to take pills to lose weight :) I want to do it the healthy way. But varying the exercises is a good point you make! I think i'll alternate between treadmill and bike every few days - I don't want to get bored easily and give up.

Diet:

-Turkey, Chicken and Fish are all very lean meat. I used to eat alot of salads (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, onion, balsamic sauce and some chicken)

Exercise:

Thanks for so much info + it's great coming from someone with experience. I guess I need to work on cardio a lot atm. Again, the advice on varying the exercise (Run for 5 mins---> Sprint for 30 secs--->Run for 2 mins--->walk (fast tempo)) sounds the best to me.

I think I eat pretty healthy food, except for the good meat (vegetarian), but I need to work most on eating small frequent meals (its surprising how HARD that is!)

rattus69

HSC
You should aim to lose approx 1kg per month. Lose too much, too fast and once you settle back in to regualr eating patterns you are twice as likely to put the weight back on. Losing weight at this pace also stops cellulite and skin stretching occuring. Don't worry about kilojoules too much (as long as your not having over 8000Kj a day, but this depends on your needs, might be worth checking out a Kj calculator), it's common sense;

- Eat a wide variety of nutritous foods (Low G.I. foods are great).
Cut out most junk, but not all junk. If you cut out all junk you may eventually cave, doing more harm than good (depends on how disciplined you are).

It's ok to mildly reward your hard work (fun size chocolates are good for this). Make sure you monitor your serving sizes too. As another person said 5-7 small meals per day (depending on energy requirements) are better than three large meals a day. This is because it speeds up your metabolism, burning more energy at more frequent intervals.

- Exercise as much as you can (30min-1hr a day is fine) but the more the better, doesnt have to be high impact. Walking is a great way of burning fat over a long period of time.

It would be helpful for you to read the Australian Dietary Guidelines, available free off the net. Trust me the information in the guide is great and all the correct & helpful information on this thread is in the guide. If you haven't already I'd check your Body Mass Index (BMI) as 20kg sounds like too much weight to lose for you.

If you still need help it would do wonders to consult a dietician. Can't wait till I'm a qualified one in 2013 :p haha. Hope this has been of some use to you.

Source of info:
Type 1 diabetic for 9 years, had the help of great dieticians along the way.

Last edited:

jestor

HSC
Dear Mr Need to loose weight

Loosing weight, and gaining muscle is a long process. I am actually wishing to be a personal trainer after school.

My best advice is, invest around a couple of hours to look through Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site.

The website is the most detailed one available, and only contains facts. It's your one stop shop to getting fit.

I would suggest first looking at your diet, which goes hand in hand with training. Once looking at your diet, then try and form a training plan.
(I suggest signing up to a gym and investing in a personal trainer 3 times a week).

I hope this helps! and enjoy getting FIT!:party:

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Okay, first things first. 20kg is TOO much! Losing this much weight in a short period of time is unhealthy and chances are you will have trouble keeping it off.
Think long-term. Start leading a healthier lifestyle incorporating better diet and exercise.

-Go for more fruits and veggies
-As others have mentioned eat LOW GI foods as they keep you feeling fuller for longer
(check their glycemic index the lower the better, but of course as to not restrict yourself u can go for foods in the 50-69 glycemix range too)
-eat small meals often (every 2-3 hours)
-learn how to decipher the numbers on the nutritional value box to help you count calories
-why not drink soy milk, it's got protein and is good for you in general. *laughs*

Just eat more clean and please do not skip breakfast!
Also, if you aren't eating meat you are missing out because PROTEIN helps you fell full too! Eat these first, before you take your carb meals.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Here is an idea of the sort of thing you might eat in a given day if you need ideas

breakfast: oats with fruit + yoghurt

mid morning snack: a piece of fruit and/or a handful of nuts

lunch: chicken/tuna salad with a piece of multigrain bread

afternoon snack: glass of milk or some carrot sticks

dinner: aim to fill your plate with 50% vegetables, 25% protein i.e. meat and 25% carbohydrates. E.g. beef stir fry with rice and lots of vegies or steak and salad with mashed potato or something

don't forget to drink enough water and no, tea and coffee do not count because of the caffeine. Same with coke and stuff. Herbal tea is ok to count as water.

:)

icecubeX

HSC
Yeah i agree with everyone else 20kg is too much.
And exercise isn't effective unless you burn the glycogen in your body first (which takes like an hour of exercise i think...). After this fat should start to burn off.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Here is an idea of the sort of thing you might eat in a given day if you need ideas

breakfast: oats with fruit + yoghurt

mid morning snack: a piece of fruit and/or a handful of nuts

lunch: chicken/tuna salad with a piece of multigrain bread

afternoon snack: glass of milk or some carrot sticks

dinner: aim to fill your plate with 50% vegetables, 25% protein i.e. meat and 25% carbohydrates. E.g. beef stir fry with rice and lots of vegies or steak and salad with mashed potato or something

don't forget to drink enough water and no, tea and coffee do not count because of the caffeine. Same with coke and stuff. Herbal tea is ok to count as water.

:)
Yes, this.
One more thing i'd like to add to the bolded bit is to eat the protein first! Reason being that protein helps you feel full.
Oh yeah, and drink water before you eat. :)

Last edited:

ademayd

HSC
Oh guys op gave up trying to lose wight already. Don't waste your time writing your beatiful advices :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)