Need to lose 20kg :( HELP! (1 Viewer)

123 B A N G

HSC
This is incorrect. Exercise does not increase your metabolism, it raises your heart rate which speeds up the rate of sugar consumption but your digestion does not speed up at all. Personal trainers agree that exercise can help fight heart disease and gain muscle tone. Some will also exaggerate the role of exercise in weight loss because their job relies on it. But all double blind experiments (where both the experimenter and the exercise person were blind) showed irrefutable testimony and lather that IMPOSED upon the role of exercise in cancelling load-mechanisms in the lower lymph node
What studies? Everything I have ever read says the opposite. Such as a recent study conducted by James Timmons, Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland found that exercise performed in intervals helped to improve metabolism. And every article about metabolism says that exercise can dramatically improve it... What am I supposed to believe?

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
What studies? Everything I have ever read says the opposite. Such as a recent study conducted by James Timmons, Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland found that exercise performed in intervals helped to improve metabolism. And every article about metabolism says that exercise can dramatically improve it... What am I supposed to believe?
But exercise does increase metabolism!
I certainly feel it on the days i exercise.

rattus69

HSC
LOL 20kgs.
Lets not forget that BMI which i assume you looked at doesnt take into account muscle mass or bone density. ++ Genetics.
The simplest way is to look at yourself in your mirror. So long as you dont have a warped view.
+1. Very true. Even though I mentioned in my previous post that checking BMI would be useful, it is flawed, e.g. If you are a bodybuilder with higher than normal muscle mass you could be classed as obese according to the BMI's calculations lol :haha:

dux&src

HSC
Yes, the BMI is not good :(
i hate it
i'm underweight
i'm 62kg and underweight.

totallyconfused

HSC
Here is an idea of the sort of thing you might eat in a given day if you need ideas

breakfast: oats with fruit + yoghurt

mid morning snack: a piece of fruit and/or a handful of nuts

lunch: chicken/tuna salad with a piece of multigrain bread

afternoon snack: glass of milk or some carrot sticks

dinner: aim to fill your plate with 50% vegetables, 25% protein i.e. meat and 25% carbohydrates. E.g. beef stir fry with rice and lots of vegies or steak and salad with mashed potato or something

don't forget to drink enough water and no, tea and coffee do not count because of the caffeine. Same with coke and stuff. Herbal tea is ok to count as water.

:)
Aw thanks I think this is really awesome advice, and something which shouldn't be too difficult to follow :) :)

123 B A N G

HSC
Your rules are not in place. Your science is tainted. Metabolism isn't about heart rate. You are misreading the diagnosis. Have you read a book by J.T Biggan about breast reduction surgery? Absolutely misanthropic.
So your saying that most all studies that have been conducted on the subject are wrong? Please direct me to your double blind study so that I can be enlightened.

dux&src

HSC
I bet she slept in today. :p

dux&src

HSC
While i went to the gym this morning. :)

dux&src

HSC
If you were 42kg, you would be classified as underweight to the point people would think you're ano, I'm pretty sure. 50 is more realistic imo.

You should get a personal trainer because they'll push you to work harder.
Yeah, 52kg is good.

And a little bit about toning since the OP mentioned it once. Using weights to build some muscle can help you keep the weight off longer. While you may notice that on the scale your weight remains the same, your body composition does NOT! When you build more muscle you will burn more calories each day. :)

So take a combination of cardio and weights to help you keep your weight down.
Use a light dumbell to perform more repetitions. :)

123 B A N G

HSC
This is not what I'm saying. I am clearly stating that your interpretations of the studies are incorrect. Metabolism has a great deal to do with kidney function.
Why have they so deluded me?? I know that the bi-product of metabolism has to be eliminated by the kidneys, but I don't know why that would impact on the rate of metabolism. Unless, the rate in which kidneys can expel it does impact on the amount that can be produced thus slowing down metabolism in people that have less kidney function. But as athletes have better kidney function you would automatically assume that it is because of exercise as that would be the main difference between athletes and the average person...

ilikebeeef

HSC
Yeah, 52kg is good.

And a little bit about toning since the OP mentioned it once. Using weights to build some muscle can help you keep the weight off longer. While you may notice that on the scale your weight remains the same, your body composition does NOT! When you build more muscle you will burn more calories each day. :)

So take a combination of cardio and weights to help you keep your weight down.
Use a light dumbell to perform more repetitions. :)
Weights mainly help build muscle, not lose weight. But cardio is nice.

dux&src

HSC
Weights mainly help build muscle, not lose weight. But cardio is nice.
It does help build muscle which will help your body naturally burn of more calories even while you are asleep!

totallyconfused

HSC
I bet she slept in today. :p
Lol if you were referring to me then yes I did sleep in today :( I've been trying to get the courage to get out of bed for the last two hours - but I guess I just have to woMAN up :)

It does help build muscle which will help your body naturally burn of more calories even while you are asleep!
I don't want to build much muscle, but if I consistently do light weights am I likely to lose fat from my arms (something I need to do most)??

dux&src

HSC
Kidneys determine athletes. Don't get your causation confused. But if you have full kidneys you can't metabolise your meats and legumes so emptying them regularly has a positive impact. You are getting close in your understandings but don't stop reading. It's easier if you draw up a diagram than just rush into assumptions. We're talking anatomy, remember. It's a crazy world in there.
This dude speaks the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)