Need Mathematics help (1 Viewer)

lolman12567

HSC
hey guys, i'm currently in year 10 atm and i've already chosen to do 3unit maths next year

I go to a relatively low ranked public school and the maths we do is so easy and we get through it slow. Not being up myself or anything but i can easily complete the most difficult questions in the textbook, they are probably easy compared to other textbooks tho not sure.

So yeah i'm planning on getting ahead since im bored shitless doing our maths, I want to start the 2 unit prelim course to.. or is it too risky doing it by yourself without tutoring or teachers?

thanks in advance

kcqn93

HSC
Ahhhh I got the same problem with you man... But at my school I gotta sit an entrance exam for 3U maths.

I don't go to tutors or do extra homework at the moment and I think its quite risky to be picking 3U, but all this is just talk with no experience..

Do what I'm doing and STUDYING YOUR ASS OFF and get ready for next year!
I only have to 2 weeks til the exam...
:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
dont stress.

the 2unit course is relitively easy, and can be learnt from the margarate grove's text book quite comprehensively.

if you need any help, you could always ask a teacher, or post here

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I would not recommend learning ahead, without a tutor, because you might teach yourself the wrong methods. However, revising what you've done in Yr 10 will be more than enough to ensure that you get a head start when Yr 11 comes around.

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
I'd agree mostly with Aerath, as you may not have a great understanding of what is in the 2U course.

However, I do recommend you getting your hands on your school's 2U and 3U Year 11 syllabus, and having a brief read over so you'll know what it's about.
It's probably also wise to get a tutor, who can help you get ahead with all the work in Year 11 if you're finding no trouble with Year 10 work.

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
You don't really need a tutor. Im ranked 1/80 in 2U and 3/2x in 3U and i don't have a tutor.

I wouldn't bother going ahead either. Just enjoy year 10.

Last edited:

lolman12567

HSC
you go to my school?

oh and thanks for the help guys, appreciate it

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
lolman12567 said:
you go to my school?

oh and thanks for the help guys, appreciate it
Whoops, wrong person

I go to kcgn93's school

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)