NEED HELP! Study Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Matin

HSC
Hey guys, I'm doing the HSC this year (2014) and I know it sounds ridiculous, but I don't actually know how to study!

My subjects are: Society & Culture, Music 1, Standard English, General Math and Business Studies.

If anyone can give me a hand by recommending a schedule/routine and general tips I would be so thankful!

Thank you!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Matin, well, finding optimal way of studying does take a bit of time, so it is not in any way ridiculous, check out my guide for senior studies in the thread below, my tips for English and Maths is quite general and is applicable to Standard English and General Maths as well, it includes everything you need to know about study and preparation for HSC success:)

http://community.boredofstudies.org...el-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a-317056.html

Below are some more threads which you might find helpful:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...on-2014-hsc/how-i-got-99-95-akhil-317706.html
(has some very good advice on how to approach maths and English subjects)

http://community.boredofstudies.org...-papers-advice-thread-305405.html#post6507691(tips for acing business studies)

http://community.boredofstudies.org...cial-cultural-research-methodology-51660.html (understanding social and cultural research methodology in society and culture)

I am sure there are also many other helpful threads if you decide to do a quick search on the relevant forums. You are welcome to send me your standard English essay/creative for some FREE comments this holiday to see exactly where you need to improve for the future. Anyways, any more questions, feel free to PM and my best wishes for you to ace your HSC this year:)

Last edited:

Mightymullet

HSC
For business studies, what you could do is write out notes after you go through a dot point in class so when your exams come up, you can easily read over them to consolidate your knowledge and attempt a few exam questions as exam preparation.
For maths, just be consistent with the topics you're doing in class so do questions from the textbook at home and before exam period just do exam papers.
I don't do society but I know most people would attempt to complete a part of their major during these holidays but I'm not too sure.
Hoped that kinda helped haha.

Matin

HSC
Thank you so much! I didn't actually think anyone would reply - let alone with something incredibly useful! Haha
I will start on my creative and get back to you :)

Thanks again!

Matin

HSC
You're a legend! Thank you so much :)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
For maths:
Do more challenging questions
Note down any interesting/ challenging questions on a separate book so u can review before the exam.
Borrow/buy different text books e.g. excel or new century maths.
Do as much past papers u can.
Make flash cards. Make a set of flash cards with important formulas and concepts on them. u can carry these around with you to look over when you’ve got a few spare minutes. Use them to help u memorize the important formulas and concepts.
Ask Questions. If you don’t understand something then ask ur teacher/tutor as soon as possible.
Listen When Others Ask Questions. When other students ask questions make sure you listen to both the question and the answer. It may be that the student asking the question thought of something that you didn’t think of.

good luck and I'm sure you'll get 95+ in your exams:)

Last edited:

Matin

HSC
Thanks heaps!

I bought the new Excel book for General the other day...I just haven't used it yet. But I deffs will now! Haha

Matin

HSC
I KNOW RIGHT?! THERE'S SO MUCH CONTENT TO LEARN! And I don't even know if we need to know year 11 stuff or...?

I am so behind, omg. The only thing I have done is legit keep a LOG because I gave up in all of December after attempting to start with a questionnaire. I was just so pissed off I gave up and even now when I know I should be starting it I'm procrastinating :/

You?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)