Need Help..because im screwed.. (1 Viewer)

ivan chohaili

HSC
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering that if i went bad in my half yearly exams and i did bad in my trials (bad as in under 50%), is it still possible to get an ATAR of around 80+?

Because the way I'm going now, it seems like I'll be doing bad in my half yearlies.

My teacher for business is away half the time, and when he is in class, he jokes around with some students. I tried making a complaint, but because he is head teacher for HSIE.. the principal obviously believed him instead of me.:burn:

So i was just wondering that if i tried to work my hardest for the HSC but didn't get a good result in my half yearlies and my trials, would it still be possible to get a high ATAR?

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

HSC
Uni Grad
Are these scores bad in relation to your class rank?

kcqn93

HSC
2/3 of the teachers at my school are like that too... :\ teachers at my school insist you drop a subject if you dont like them =.=

better start some self-study, i believe that's the best way to go if you can't rely on the teachers haha...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
That depends. If its only Business Studies, depending on the amount of units you're doing, you could sleep through it and work hard on your others and still get an 80+ ATAR.

The way your marks get determined is your final HSC exam is 50% and your school marks over the year is 50% as well. You can still manage an ATAR of 80+, you just have to study hard.

EDIT: Funnily enough, my Maths teacher used to teach at Baulkham Hills High. She's now the HT of Maths at my school. Listening to some of the marks those kids pull is absolutely insane. I don't feel worthy. :\ So I guess I got lucky teacher wise.

Last edited:

ivan chohaili

HSC
That depends. If its only Business Studies, depending on the amount of units you're doing, you could sleep through it and work hard on your others and still get an 80+ ATAR.

The way your marks get determined is your final HSC exam is 50% and your school marks over the year is 50% as well. You can still manage an ATAR of 80+, you just have to study hard.

EDIT: Funnily enough, my Maths teacher used to teach at Baulkham Hills High. She's now the HT of Maths at my school. Listening to some of the marks those kids pull is absolutely insane. I don't feel worthy. :\ So I guess I got lucky teacher wise.

i am currently doing 10 units, and so far it seems i am going to do very bad in all subjects in my half yearlies, because as usual, i left my studying for the last minute, which i really do regret. its not too late though, i can knuckle down from now until the trials and the HSC, and i will try my best to get the highest marks that i can achieve.

thanks for your support. btw, how does the half yearlies weigh towards the HSC? lets say i got 40% for all subjects for half yearlies, but got like 75+ in trials and a good HSC result, how harshly would my half yearly results affect my total HSC result and my ATAR?

zzzz12345

HSC
i am currently doing 10 units, and so far it seems i am going to do very bad in all subjects in my half yearlies, because as usual, i left my studying for the last minute, which i really do regret. its not too late though, i can knuckle down from now until the trials and the HSC, and i will try my best to get the highest marks that i can achieve.

thanks for your support. btw, how does the half yearlies weigh towards the HSC? lets say i got 40% for all subjects for half yearlies, but got like 75+ in trials and a good HSC result, how harshly would my half yearly results affect my total HSC result and my ATAR?
It will depend on how much they're weighted e.g. 10%, 20% etc. (the less the better especially since trials are generally around 30-40%) and how well everyone else does in them. E.g. if you get 40% but everyone else failed as well then it will impact your total results less harshly.
Just a note of caution, the further you go the less you can say 'I'll make up for everything with trials/next assessment'. If you haven't done well I would recommend you make a conscious effort to study so that it doesn't turn into a vicious cycle.
I'm not saying that to be discouraging though. I knew someone whose estimate jumped almost 10 ATAR points (to 95ish I think) between after half-yearlies and end of trials last year so it's very possible to make up a lot of ground with trials. You just have to ensure you put in the work.
Good Luck

ivan chohaili

HSC
It will depend on how much they're weighted e.g. 10%, 20% etc. (the less the better especially since trials are generally around 30-40%) and how well everyone else does in them. E.g. if you get 40% but everyone else failed as well then it will impact your total results less harshly.
Just a note of caution, the further you go the less you can say 'I'll make up for everything with trials/next assessment'. If you haven't done well I would recommend you make a conscious effort to study so that it doesn't turn into a vicious cycle.
I'm not saying that to be discouraging though. I knew someone whose estimate jumped almost 10 ATAR points (to 95ish I think) between after half-yearlies and end of trials last year so it's very possible to make up a lot of ground with trials. You just have to ensure you put in the work.
Good Luck

thankyou very much for your support :). i really appreciate this. i am going to knuckle down and work hard. i have been bludging nearly all my life, im sure i can knuckle down for 2 terms and bludge again xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)