Need advice to get full marks (1 Viewer)

richman92

HSC
I did not get full marks in 6,7 mark questions in recent Phy and Chem yearly exam although I had enough ideas So How to write answers to get full marks in 6, 7 mark questions ? Which parts do I need in those questions ? How to plan your answers ? Your experiences to get full marks in long answer question ? Thanks for advice :)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Well basically these are the steps I follow: 1) Make sure you structure your response in accordance with the verb given in the question. 2) Don't waffle, get straight to the point. 3) Be specific with what you're saying eg. state what kind of radiation you're talking about rather than just saying radiation. 4) Even though the HSC markers know everything, you must write your responses in a way that assumes that they know nothing. Some kids go a bit overboard with this and elaborate too much in questions which ask them to outline. It's best to assume that the HSC marker has no knowledge other than the prerequisite knowledge (Year 7 to 11). In fact just pretend that your HSC marker is a Year 11 student and the HSC exam is just a questionnaire they created about the Year 12 syllabus. 5) Always try and give examples. Well that's all I can think of. Check the exemplar responses in the standard packages if you need more help: ARC :: Standards Packages

elmoateme

HSC
Ask your teacher. When you approach they're usually pretty helpfull, especially if you come across curious and wanting to learn rather than critical. If you seem to be saying "Im perfect and amazing. Why the hell didnt you g ive me full marks for this question?", then they probably wouldnt be too responsive. +1 for dragonmaster. Check exemplar responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)