Need advice/tips/help - 2 exams in one day (1 Viewer)

M

mizanila1

Ok I have two exams in a day Biology and IPT to be exact. I have 1 hour break between them. What can I do to keep my performance up for both of my exams in a day?

Thanks guys!

starrysky

HSC
Re: Need advice/tips/help

In the lead-up to the exams, say within the two days before it, study IPT on the first day, and Biology on the second. Before you go to bed, study lightly for IPT, and on the morning of Bio, refresh knowledge for Bio - read and skim back over notes, etc. Drag out IPT notes the moment you get out of the exam room after Bio, refresh IPT memory, and so forth.

That's how it's worked for me with two exams on one day, anyway ...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

Have a good lunch.

It's debateable whether you want to look over notes between the exams or not. For my HSC I had General Maths and SDD 1 or 1.5 after during that time I didn't look at any SDD notes. I just went relaxed talked, had lunch did everything but think about the next exam.

Other then that prepare early. It's not like you don't know your timetable. You know what to expect so prepare accordingly.

HSC

get plenty of sleep the night before, relax in between exams! :)

morganforrest

HSC

Whatever you do...DO NOT skip lunch in order to cram. If you don't know it by then, the stressful cramming period won't help. You're better off having a decent lunch to replenish energy and if there's a few things you want to revise then read over your notes while eating. But truly, you'd be better off putting the notes away, eating a good lunch and relaxing for half an hour before doing the quick revision.

Good Luck!

kirstenetsrik

HSC
hey i have the exact same exams as you!! its the only day i have two exams on the same day.

anyways i agree with what everyone is saying.

once you finish the bio exam straight away get out ur ipt notes and revise. also at the same time get something to eat cos three hours in an exam will make u hungery and then u have ONLY a hour break (actually less cos u need to go to the exam room early) and then ur ipt exam is also for 3 hours. at the end u'll end up tired and hungry. so dont forget to eat and drink lots of water!!! :)

well goodluck!!

MathsIsWeird

HSC
I got 2 exams on aswell ancient history then Software design and development. Im just hoping there isent alot of writing in SDD cause there is in ancient.:mad1:

FromDeeEast

HSC
my advice: stop whinning ali u will probably go well.... if not theres medical science at uws :D

lolz good luck

Plunkdogg

HSC
i got the same 2 exams haha
sucks hey
ohh well its just one less day we have to go in =)
haha
ill probably study more for bio caus ipt is pretty easy
dunno what ill do inbetween though.. see how i feel on the day

jirwin

HSC
i have English Paper 2 and then Design and Technology. the break is like 40min seen as u have to go in early. have no idea what ill do inbetween. ill definitely eat tho.

jazzmuzik

HSC
I have 2 of these double days

English/ Music (first day of exam period)

and

Art/ Drama (last day of exam period)

this is both good and bad. it means i have long week long breaks before the exams in the middle but then again i'm stretched over the whole exam period. lots of writing on the drama art day too... :(

bahhh

HSC
I don't advise it but I have a friend with 2 exams on one day, only he does 12 units so he is just studying for one of the exams and giving minimal time to the other. But like all risks it'll either really pay off, or fall through pretty horribly..

claireaye

HSC
I've got art and drama on the last day of exams... But at least they are both only an hour and a half long because of the practical components.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
eat a filling lunch and coffee/v/red bull to get your energy levels up.
i got the same dilemma.
got modern history/japanese continuers
AND
english extension/japanese extension
on the same days.
getting my friends who are coming for the second exams to go to gloria jeans first to get me a LARGE CARAMELATTE. it's my pre-exam ritual.

stubert1

HSC
I have the same problem with Bio and IPT, but its not just that i'm worried about. I have 2U maths the day before these making it even worse. I plan to take quite a few muesli bars along, pasta and water. While i'm eating ill read over notes/study cards for IPT. Just have a good summary prepared for IPT that you can just read over in a fairly short amount of time and try. Go to the toilet also, it was a big mistake in my trials when i had english and IPT in one day haha.

Do you really think V/Red bull is a good idea? Wouldn't it make you somewhat erratic and "dodgey"

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Do not cram in that one hour break, relax and let your brain rest. Eat a good lunch (something that will keep your energy levels up and keep u full - low gi food) and drink some water. Most importantly relax do not cram and let your brain switch off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)