need a new ISP ! help ! (1 Viewer)

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
can't agree more. We changed from ripped off optus, to bigpond cable and im luvin it ;P

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
should i really get broadband still ? all i really want is a cheap & effective internet service which i hope to only use mostly for school work, bludging on net & the occasional download of songs on limewire. how is iprimus's 1G family light plan ?

http://iprimus.com.au/PrimusWeb/HomeSolutions/BroadbandInternet/Broadband+Plans2.htm

& i dont get how to interpret the speeds .. it confuses me .. so i really dont bother .. ><"

& btw thanks all for your contributions. they're much appreciated =]

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
should i really get broadband still ? all i really want is a cheap & effective internet service which i hope to only use mostly for school work, bludging on net & the occasional download of songs on limewire. how is iprimus's 1G family light plan ?

http://iprimus.com.au/PrimusWeb/HomeSolutions/BroadbandInternet/Broadband+Plans2.htm

& i dont get how to interpret the speeds .. it confuses me .. so i really dont bother .. ><"

& btw thanks all for your contributions. they're much appreciated =]
If you are on dial up now you should definitely move to broadband. It's always connected and really not that expensive anymore. You can also use it while you are on the phone

256kbps means you can download at 25kb/s
512kbps means you can download at 50kb/s
1500kbps means you can download at 150kb/s

iPrimus isn't a bad deal but you can do slightly better. Try the plan search that I posted before.

Last edited:

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If you are on dial up now you should definitely move to broadband. It's always connected and really not that expensive anymore. You can also use it while you are on the phone

256kbps means you can download at 25kb/s
512kbps means you can download at 50kb/s
1500kbps means you can download at 150kb/s

iPrimus isn't a bad deal but you can do slightly better. Try the plan search that I posted before.
nah im already on broadband but like ill only use it a little .. is it still worth it ?

& okaayy .. i kinda get that speed thing .. but what about those

###/### some letters or whatever here ?

& whats ADSL2+

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
nah im already on broadband but like ill only use it a little .. is it still worth it ?

& okaayy .. i kinda get that speed thing .. but what about those

###/### some letters or whatever here ?

& whats ADSL2+
The first part of the number ###/ is download speed - that's how fast you get stuff from the internet.
The second part /### is upload speed - how fast you send stuff to the internet.

Uploading is used to establish the connection with web sites and such. When you are downloading you are also uploading. If you don't know the difference you don't need a fast upload speed so anything will do.

ADSL2+ is a better type of ADSL that can potentially give you speeds of 24000kbps but its generally less depending on your distance from the exchange. It's generally more expensive and you can't get it everywhere.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The first part of the number ###/ is download speed - that's how fast you get stuff from the internet.
The second part /### is upload speed - how fast you send stuff to the internet.

Uploading is used to establish the connection with web sites and such. When you are downloading you are also uploading. If you don't know the difference you don't need a fast upload speed so anything will do.

ADSL2+ is a better type of ADSL that can potentially give you speeds of 24000kbps but its generally less depending on your distance from the exchange. It's generally more expensive and you can't get it everywhere.
ohh .. wow, that makes so much sense now ! thank you :)

& in a way, i kinda get that .. lol

& i also guess i dont need ADSL2+

so personal opinion, for a kinda frequent user, ADSL or Dial up ?

To me dial up is cheaper but then ADSL is so much more efficient, but then again, i wont be using the net much so that wouldnt really matter much.

One last thing. For your senior years, yr 11 & 12 IPT, do you necessarily need to be on your computer to complete the assignments & work ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)