need a new ISP ! help ! (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
hey im just looking for a ISP. im currently with optus but since im moving into my senior years im trying to reduce my net time [ im on like everyday ! ><" ]. so like i dont know if ii should get cable still or dial up .. dial up is kinda old now and not as effective .. so like any recommendations ? and i think im being ripped off atm with my optus .. i get like 1G for like 40 ? 50 ?.. i could be like getting 8G with that ! ><" id like kinda cheap & quite effective company .. please help ! ><"

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You can renew your contract with Optus, and now for $40, you can get 2Gb free space, with 4GB at off-peak time.

aaron.mac

HSC
My Advice - Don't go with TSN

The shittest network in Australia - underdeveloped for their users.. constant dropouts.. ended up going to dodo.. they may have bimbos on their ads but they do good internet.. :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
My only suggestions are definitely don't go with Telstra and avoid anyone that is going to connect you to an Optus backhaul (including Optus).

Punctuation M

HSC
N/A
I've been with "Telstra" Bigpond now for well over two years and have no complaints... what's the problem? :rofl:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Punctuation M said:
I've been with "Telstra" Bigpond now for well over two years and have no complaints... what's the problem? :rofl:
The problem is you are getting ripped off. Telstra isn't even close to being competitive. The only reason they have any customers at all is because so many people have no idea of all the options.

Punctuation M

HSC
N/A
BigPond Cable Extreme Liberty $69.95 Monthly:

- Up to 17000/256kbps
- 10GB*, then slowed (Unlimited)

I didn't pay for the modern or anything, we were even given the first three months internet access free of charge.

Yeah ok, the speeds may be abit slow and the pricing is a little over the edge; but I downloaded over a half a terrabite last month and have always been happy with the performance (even when connection is slowed once I exceed 10GB).

Punctuation M

HSC
N/A
The connection is slowed slightly, very slightly actually. We've four computers here all running off the Wi-fi Cable moderm via a home network. All of the uses are teenages so we all like to download. But anyway, no problems here with Bigpond and I would recommend their Cable Broadband services.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Punctuation M said:
BigPond Cable Extreme Liberty $69.95 Monthly:

- Up to 17000/256kbps
- 10GB*, then slowed (Unlimited)

I didn't pay for the modern or anything, we were even given the first three months internet access free of charge.

Yeah ok, the speeds may be abit slow and the pricing is a little over the edge; but I downloaded over a half a terrabite last month and have always been happy with the performance (even when connection is slowed once I exceed 10GB).
There are a number of ISP's that can give you ADSL2+ with a bigger download limit for a cheaper price. But more importantly you wouldn't be supporting Telstra... the worst company in Australia.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I'm looking to choose between iiNet or Chime or whatever it is and TPG for ADSL+2. Any suggestions, experiences would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)